• 27(current)
WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
@fritsch its a Mobile GPU. AMD doest support this cards with its driver (Only from the laptop vendor :/). i can only look for a modded driver that maybe work.
EDIT: This is actual the lastest legacy driver from amd :/
Thanks for information, i'll try this setting if it's still exist in actual driver (but probably not before 2 or 3 days). I'll provide feedback.
@nille02,
Please try this build + pdb
this is the new Log and the new chashdump

Looks like he can also not create the 10 or 10.1 context

EDIT: D3D10 Games are running without problems
I did a small perforance comparison of different renderers.

Graphics: Intel HD 4000 (Ivy Bridge) @ 1080p
Content: Discovery HD (H.264 1080i)

KODI 15.0 Isengard RC2 (DirectX 11)

Render Method: DXVA
Allow hardware acceleration - DXVA2: yes
Use fullscreen window: no
Deinterlace method: Auto select
Video scaling method: DXVA

GPU-Z: 23% load @ 350-600 MHz, 57°C, 1.9W

KODI 14.2 Helix (DirectX 9)

Render Method: DXVA-HD
Deinterlace method: DXVA Best

GPU-Z: 18% load @ 350-600 MHz, 55°C, 1.2W

DVBViewer w. Standard EVR (LAV Video w. dxva2n)

GPU-Z: 31% load @ 350-600 MHz, 57°C, 2.7W

Quality wise they all look pretty equal as they all use the video hardware capabilities of the Intel QuickSync engine.
Both, the DX9 and the DX11 renderers in KODI are pretty efficient. However the DX11 renderer seems to take more resources.
Don't you think you should have compared the DX9 version of 15 RC2 to the DX11 version of 15 RC2? If you're not even using the same version, you can't rule out differences between 14 and 15 as being the cause of any variation in performance.
(2015-07-13, 19:09)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Don't you think you should have compared the DX9 version of 15 RC2 to the DX11 version of 15 RC2? If you're not even using the same version, you can't rule out differences between 14 and 15 as being the cause of any variation in performance.

Absolutely agree
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
You are right guys. Seems I did not think too much...

KODI 15.0 Isengard RC2 (DirectX 9)

Render Method: DXVA-HD
Deinterlace method: DXVA Best

GPU-Z: 18% load @ 350-600 MHz, 55°C, 1.2W

So pretty much like Helix when it comes to DX9 performance.
Well, that is interesting. But what about other states? Like just rendering the main screen? Or when decoding something in software? 1080p vs 1080i?
Also we don't know if perhaps DX11 uses another scaling algorithm, a better one? :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Difference between dx9 and dx11 with dxva rendering can be explained by fact what dx11 renders frame twice to avoid an issue with dxva rendering on some GPUs (IIRC nVidia). You can try to find discussion about this issue in this thread.

Edit:
Here you go http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1938019
P.S. during work on dx11 port I concluded what Intel has the best GPU driver - no issues at all Smile
Guys i was able to compile fine kodi but i tried to compile isenguard with dx11 and i get a ton of errors.
I have upgraded to studio 13 but i don't know if there are any other differencies from kodi compiling.
Is there anywhere an info about it?
Thx
Chris
There's no substitute for experience
@bluechris, only one difference between build dx9 and dx11 version is you can drop DirectX SDK requirement. ie upgrade to VS2013 is enough
@nille02,
After investigation we figured out main reason of the issue. As expected the main problem is AMD driver for older GPUs. It doesn't support feature levels 9.x which is required for video processing and hardware decoding. At the other side Kodi doesn't handle this situation and cannot create device. I've fixed this and you can try this build (pdb) but the main problem still persists. You are not be able to use DirectX Video processing and hardware decoding with current driver and DX11.
If you find a driver which supports feature levels 9.x (you can check this in DxDiag) please let us know.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6