• 31(current)
WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
(2015-07-23, 22:54)Ed76 Wrote: yes there is no deinterlacing, i can see this on live-tv picture. yes, i activate this within video menu. i also switched the settings "always on/auto/off" but this makes no difference.
Please follow this thread 'HD 1080i Test Pattern to determine Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing' to figure out what deinterlacing is actually works

(2015-07-26, 16:44)todd3293 Wrote: I was asked to submit this by fritsch in the IRC channel. using july 23rd, 2015 test windows build of v15 with directx 11. anytime kodi window loses focus, as soon as you switch, it will completely freeze for 10-15 seconds every time. Attached is pastebin to Debug Log. thanks

http://pastebin.com/V9ySUPPX
It's very strange. Was Kodi in true fullscreen mode?
Will you be rebasing to latest kodi 15.1 beta?
Yes, I will.
at first i make another test on desktop pc with radeon hd 5700, win 8.1 32bit and catalyst 15.7. deinterlacing was working fine.

after that i updated catalyst from 14.9 to 15.7 on htpc (amd a6, win 8.1 64 bit), delated kodi profile folder and made a "clean" kodi dx11 installation. now deinterlacing is also working fine. strange but it works now, very good picture quality.
Nice, glad to hear that.
@Ed76
i updated catalyst from 14.9 to 15.7 on htpc - this is what you were supposed to do first Smile
A bit of probably not useful side info

AMD A6 APU '6 pack' (6530D) - tries the dx11 test and it crashed/hung immediately on playback, with catalyst 15.7.
Tried Isengard release with 15.7 - also issues.
Rolled back to 14.12 w Isengard DX9 - all good.

This is our main lounge machine so in frequent use, I will need to sandbox a separate test version to get crash logs etc.

Aplogies for the lack of info, just a heads up in case anyone tries with similar hardware. Once I have some time I will do some proper testing (best with 16 alphas I guess?)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
If that's your main loung machine. Don't update AMD drivers ... you better get a sandbox for those.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
yeah I won't - been nice and stable on 14.12 and having to roll back was a bit painful.

At some point I will probably go for someting intel in the same box I guess....I can cool up to 65W tdp without noise in this I think, so there should be some decent options for me. But might hang on to Skylake or even skylake+1 to get 10 bit 4k happening (by then one presumes there will be some content too).

To be fair, it's actually (despite AMD and Windows) been a very very stable machine for 1080p playback...no complaints at all really.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
i noticed another problem:
because of my tv i have to limit the color range (16-235). i do this within catalyst (and not within kodi). the problem is, not every time the video is set to limited color, sometimes it is set to full color. i can test this with that "black clipping/flashing lights video", i guess you know that. i guess it could be something to do with refresh rate change, but iam not sure.

log: http://pastebin.com/ad2tLJrC

in debug log you will see that i have done the following:

start kodi (50 hz)
start testvideo (24hz), result: full color range
start testvideo again, result: limited colorrange
start testvideo again, result: limited collorrange
start tv (50hz)
start testvideo: result: full color range
start testvideo again, result: limited color range
start tv (50hz)
start testvideo: result: full color range

i also limited color range within kodi with the same result
If you GPU scales to limited range _in_ the driver. You need kodi to output full range. If you don't do that - it's scaled twice.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
yes i have done that:

1) this is my "normal" setting: catalyst: limited range + kodi full range

and only for testing

2) catalyst full range, kodi limited range

the problem i describet occur with both settings. switched back to kodi 15 dx9 and and all is working fine
@Ed76
Please try same tests with disabled harware acceleration - DXVA2 and Auto detect in render method.
(2015-07-27, 12:31)afedchin Wrote:
(2015-07-23, 22:54)Ed76 Wrote: yes there is no deinterlacing, i can see this on live-tv picture. yes, i activate this within video menu. i also switched the settings "always on/auto/off" but this makes no difference.
Please follow this thread 'HD 1080i Test Pattern to determine Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing' to figure out what deinterlacing is actually works

(2015-07-26, 16:44)todd3293 Wrote: I was asked to submit this by fritsch in the IRC channel. using july 23rd, 2015 test windows build of v15 with directx 11. anytime kodi window loses focus, as soon as you switch, it will completely freeze for 10-15 seconds every time. Attached is pastebin to Debug Log. thanks

http://pastebin.com/V9ySUPPX
It's very strange. Was Kodi in true fullscreen mode?

I tried it every mode. Windowed mode. Windows full screen, and true full screen. all freeze when becoming active application for 15 seconds approx. also tried it under new windows 10. the same result. have tried several versions including dx11 and non dx11. tried minimal install with most plugins not installed. tried a brand new windows user account with same result
Hardware: Windows Home Premium 7 64bit, AMD Radeon HD 6410D, Driver 15.200.1062.0
Debug Log: http://termbin.com/x3zn
Crashlog: N/A
Description: Fresh install (with no addons) hangs when selecting "Exit." Eventually, Kodi needs to be force quit.
Screenshots: N/A
How to reproduce: Launch Kodi, then immediately exit.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6