• 39(current)
WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
I would never actually use it without adjusting refresh rate to match the video (essential in my book, especially on a projector!), but I will give that a try on the weekend just for info for sure.

Last night I tried the beta 15.8 drivers and it all seems to be working fine with those again at least...so my test will be Jarvis with 15.8 in the end I guess.

Will report back, will test levels too.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
First, thanks for this incredible software.

I have a Intel PC connected to a TV. Which means " Intel driver settings are set to full range?.

I have an option in "Video" that says "Input range" with three options in the control panel options intel: Limited, Full or application settings.

To have a correct levels of brightness, I have to download "madVR" and with "Madlevelstweaker" program i change the level to full range (pc leves 0-255)

Then to have BTB and WTW, I have to choose "full range" in the option panel intel

And in Kodi I choose the option "limited range" with DXVA2 enabled

Televison on limited range.

Also works for me (no BTB and WTW) : Television in full range, i choice full range in madlevelstweaker and in configuration panel control (video) "application settings". Then in Kodi full range.

What is the best method on the TV with a choice of two ranges?

(2015-09-09, 09:02)MadScientist Wrote: Just to summarise the black level situation with Windows Intel builds (HD4600 graphics in my case).

In all cases below:
- Intel driver settings are set to full range
- display setting to limited range.

Black levels are compared (using a calibration disk) to the output of an Oppo93 BR player which has been professionally calibrated.

DX9 Builds

Kodi set to limited range, DXVA2 enabled – video black\white levels correct

DX11 builds

Kodi set to limited range, DXVA2 enabled – video black\white levels too bright, menu darker

Kodi set to limited range, DXVA2 disabled – video black\white levels correct, menus OK

Kodi set to full range, DXVA2 enabled – video black\white levels correct, menus OK (slightly darker)

The above is also the same of Kodi16 alpha2
You don't specify which Kodi version you are using. This thread is really for discussion of issues with DX11 implementation.

For DX9 builds (e.g.15.1), I find that Kodi + display on limited range and both Intel driver settings on full range works best. For DX11 builds, it depends on whether or not you have DXVA2 enabled
I recently upgraded Windows Vista to SP2 and DirectX 11.

With Jarvis (kodi-16.0-Jarvis_alpha2) installed there is sound with no video while trying to play a video stream, from various add-ons.

Video adapter name: Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family
Chip Type: Intel GMA 3000
DirectX 11

Isengard runs normally with video and sound. (kodi-15.2-Isengard_rc1 - installed with DirectX option selected)

Previously installed - DirectX 10 (Windows Vista 64-bit (SP1))
Appears there is a Jarvis & DirectX 11 incompatibly problem with my video adapter and/or driver?

Video driver: Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family
Version: 7.15.10.1624 - 12/23/2008 - microsoft windows hardware compatibility publisher
Your Video Adapter is ~ 10 years old? I don't think you will ever get DX11 support.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-15, 18:16)fritsch Wrote: Your Video Adapter is ~ 10 years old? I don't think you will ever get DX11 support.

Yeah, I guess it's getting on in years. Purchased new I've had the ssf desktop for almost ten years. The other desktop , the same model uses a different video adapter, was purchased used as a backup.

I've used and owned various types of PCs for around ~35 years, so they don't seem that old.

The sff desktop Kodi PC has an integrated video adapter with the mb and cpu. Comes with one PCI and one PCI express slot. Limited to the number of peripheral adapters.

Jarvis wasn't able to run under previous versions of of DirectX. (10.1)

Isengard runs ok under DirecX 11.

Good application software tries to achieve some sort of backward compatibility. I suspect that's one reason why support for Isengard will continue.

If trying to upgrade my older laptops, cost would be around ~$8000.00 new, less if purchasing used hardware.

The desktop PC with Kodi installed is a small form factor. I also included a portable Linux (Ubuntu 64 w/ Kodibuntu) usb drive that can used instead of the Windows installation.

This is my backup PC. Normally I have two PC's in case one fails and to sometimes perform work while the other is busy.

I'm looking around for a replacement with later versions of hardware architectures, more memory and 64-bit OS. (I have an unused 64 bit Windows 8 upgrade that can be installed as long as the PC's COA is also 64 bit.)
(2015-09-15, 18:03)User-3023 Wrote: I recently upgraded Windows Vista to SP2 and DirectX 11.
Is there a Debug Log?
(2015-09-15, 21:59)afedchin Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 18:03)User-3023 Wrote: I recently upgraded Windows Vista to SP2 and DirectX 11.
Is there a Debug Log?

Jarvis - Kodi.log file. Kodi now hangs up when playing a video, video add-ons won't terminate after trying to stop video playback.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpadiaama6mmptx/kodi.log?dl=0
Quote:14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xxxadultxbmc
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xunitytalk
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository superrepo.kodi.isengard.repositories
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.iptvxtra
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository superrepo.kodi.isengard.movies
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.googlecode.xbmc-addons
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.divingmule.addons
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.the-one
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.MisterX
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository superrepo.kodi.isengard.external.repositories
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.BlazeRepo
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.ramfm
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.cocawe
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository superrepo.kodi.isengard.radio
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.totalinstaller
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.googlecode.anarchintosh-projects
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.TheYidXXX
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmcadult
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.kasik
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.movieshd
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.googlecode.achilles-projects
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository plugin.audio.goonbag
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmchub
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.m4x1m
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository superrepo.kodi.isengard.all
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.m0ngr31
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository xbmc.repo.elmerohueso
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.mdrepo
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmc.org
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.bluecop.xbmc-plugins
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.googlecode.sparetime
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository superrepo.kodi.isengard.documentary
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.metalkettle
14:41:20 T:180 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.istream

Besides your hw issue ^^ those addons are banned here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons.

From the logs we fail to open your DXVA decoder und also cannot use the device for rendering. Afedchin might have a workaround for both.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-16, 07:42)fritsch Wrote: Besides your hw issue ^^ those addons are banned here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons.

From the logs we fail to open your DXVA decoder und also cannot use the device for rendering. Afedchin might have a workaround for both.

Those aren't the add-ons originally installed. Before the system failure I loaned out the Kodi PC.. It appears additional add-ons were installed.

The link you provided shows "There is currently no text in this page"

Some add-ons may impose copyright infringement depending on which country they're being used from.

To simplify matters I deleted the previous Kodi installation and performed a fresh install, installing a few add-ons from the default repository.

Here's a new link to a new Kodi log file.

I've been spending most of my time trying resolve problems due to Windows Update being broken. This is a significant problem as users of other versions of Windows are also having the same sort of problems with Windows update. Installing SP2 upgrades Windows Update, apparently part of the problem is with the increased security.
@User-3023
Firstly, your video driver doesn't support DirectX 11 Video Acceleration API. This means what Kodi Jarvis unable to use DXVA decoding/rendering on your hardware. But it still can use sw decoding and pixel shaders for rendering. Currently there is an issue with shader and drivers those support only FL9.1 (in your case) which will be fixed in next build.

Thanks for your feedback.
(2015-09-16, 09:09)User-3023 Wrote:
(2015-09-16, 07:42)fritsch Wrote: Besides your hw issue ^^ those addons are banned here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons.

Those aren't the add-ons originally installed. Before the system failure I loaned out the Kodi PC.. It appears additional add-ons were installed.

The link you provided shows "There is currently no text in this page"

Some add-ons may impose copyright infringement depending on which country they're being used from.

To simplify matters I deleted the previous Kodi installation and performed a fresh install, installing a few add-ons from the default repository.

Here's a new link to a new Kodi log file.

I've been spending most of my time trying resolve problems due to Windows Update being broken. This is a significant problem as users of other versions of Windows are also having the same sort of problems with Windows update. Installing SP2 upgrades Windows Update, apparently part of the problem is with the increased security.

Remove the "." from the link at the end.
(2015-09-10, 00:07)dml3334 Wrote: Hi.

I have just tried with Jarvis Alpha 2, with exactly the same configuration as stated in my previous post, with Adjust Refreshrate to match video: off.

Tearing has just disappeared.

@bossanova808
Could you try Jarvis, as well? I'm using Catalyst Drivers 14.12.

@afedchin, here you have two kodi logs. The first one is with Kodi 15.1 DX11 August 16 th, where a lot of tearing was happening while panning; and one with Jarvis Alpha 2, where it works perfectly. Same Catalyst Drivers 14.12 on Windows 7 64 bits.

Kodi.log Kodi 15.1 DX11 -> NO OK
Kodi.log Jarvis Alpha 2 -> OK

I hope they are useful to patch Kodi 15.1.

Thanks.
Guys please try this version KodiSetup-20150917 (pdb)

@MadScientist,
Please check what color range issue was fixed.

@User-3023
Please check playback.
@dml3334,
You are using different playback settings. Seems like your graphics card going to low powered state and this state is not enough to process high quality shaders.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6