• 42(current)
WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
There's a new 10/14/2015 Isengard build.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...engard.exe
Memphiz added audio Airplay capability for iOS 9 in the october 15th nightly.

Can you please create a new DX build?

Many thanks!
(2015-10-19, 10:23)AussieFries Wrote: Memphiz added audio Airplay capability for iOS 9 in the october 15th nightly.

Can you please create a new DX build?

Many thanks!

No, just use nightlies
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Wow that was a fast reply! :-) Ok thanks
would it be possible to get 15.2 final + dx11?
(2015-10-19, 20:45)Ed76 Wrote: would it be possible to get 15.2 final + dx11?

+ 1 on this
(2015-10-20, 00:39)freddy12 Wrote:
(2015-10-19, 20:45)Ed76 Wrote: would it be possible to get 15.2 final + dx11?

+ 1 on this

+1 on this +1
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
Fractal Design Node 605 (looks amazing)
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
2x80GB Intel 320 SSD, 4TB NAS
GTX 670x2 SLI, 16GB GSkill Ares
Onkyo RC360 with Paradigm piece-by-piece 5.1 build
Nyxboard and AHK full controlled via XBox Controller
15.2+dx11 will be realeased asap. stay tuned for updates.
(2015-10-20, 10:22)afedchin Wrote: 15.2+dx11 will be realeased asap. stay tuned for updates.

Thanks! Looking forward to it.
15.2-DX11 Installer (21 October) (please also download the .pdb file here)
(2015-10-21, 15:20)afedchin Wrote: 15.2-DX11 Installer (21 October) (please also download the .pdb file here)

legend
I have to say I use to get a lot of very slight stuttering with the DX11 version when I was browsing my library or moving the selector around the interface. Granted this was on W7. I just installed the latest version of DX11 builds and I am now on W10, man is Kodi buttery smooth now. I can actually live with the DX11 as a daily install. Great work devs!!!

FYI, the latest DX11 code makes the DSPlayer builds run perfectly now for my setup.
Hi,

Using the Oct 22 nightly, have noticed a very minor thing:

Going into guide or info when playing a video, the screen top slightly dims and the layover info is displayed as expected.
However, pressing "guide" or "info" again to remove the info results in the screen blacking out for half a second, as the overlay is removed from the video. The video continues to play without issue.

I'm posting here first, although this could also be due to the "screen saver dimming fix" that happened a bit ago.

I will create a ticket and add debug logs when the kids are asleep (and update this post with the number).

General info:
Oct 22 Nightly build
"Info" and "guide" triggered via JSON RPC
WIndows 10, 64 bit
Nvidia GT610 with latest drivers
PC Connected via HDMI to AV Receiver, which is connected via HDMI to TV.
As requested by Martijn, I'm posting here

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid2142539

General info:
Oct 22 and 23 Nightly build MyVideoFullScreen.xml : no video
Oct 24 Nightly build : Pixelized video and freeze in videowindow control with DXVA2 material accelerated activited.
Oct 25 Nightly build : Pixelized video (sometimes) and low framerate feeling in videowindow control with DXVA2 material accelerated activated.

No issue when DXVA2 unchecked in 24 and 25 Nightly
No issue in MyVideoFullScreen.xml in 24 and 25 Nighlty even when DXVA2 checked

WIndows 8.1, 64 bit
Nvidia GeForce GTX 645
PC Connected via HDMI to AV Receiver, which is connected via HDMI to TV.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Interesting work!

I stumbled upon this thread and got curious because using the DirectX 11 API opens up the capability to use high bit depths with the right hardware. And while a lot of software (in particular the various decoders and filters) support this all HTPC software currently converts this back down to 8 bits per pixel which has the potential to introduce color banding especially when color space and color range conversions are thrown into the mix as well by either the software, the display driver or the display device's internal processing.

I downloaded the latest Kodi source where your work has been merged in to and with some minor alterations in the use of the DXGI_FORMAT constants in RenderSystemDX and D3DResource I was able to make it use the 10-bit-per-pixel integer and 16-bit-per-pixel float formats without apparent issue due to all the preparation that you have already done.

Would you be interested in investigating this further with me?

I have access to hardware that should support it all to do some debugging on. Additionally I believe that the more recent consumer geforce drivers also show a drop-down that allows a selection of 8bpp or 12bpp when connected to a compatible TV through HDMI.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6