RETAIN SKIN SETTINGS AFTER RESTORE?
(2015-12-14, 01:54)BobCratchett Wrote: There are two different Aeon's on the repo - what you need to backup/restore varies between Aeon variants and Kodi versions:

Aeon MQ, Kodi 15 or earlier - (whilst Kodi isn't running) backup/restore guisettings.xml
Aeon MQ, Kodi 16 - (whilst Kodi isn't running) backup/restore userdata (wiki)/addon_data/skin.aeon.mq.whatever.else.the.skin.adds.to.the.foder/settings.xml

Aeon Nox 5, Kodi 15 or earlier, the guisettings.xml for the main menu, and userdata (wiki)addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/* for the submenu
Aeon Nox 5, Kodi 16 - the settings.xml in userdata (wiki)/addon_data/skin.aeon.nox.5 for the main menu, and userdata (wiki)/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/* for the submenu

No need for Kodi not to be running whilst backing up/restoring Skin Shortcut settings.

(And, if you're using Nox 5, for the highly-recommended Nox 5 Silvo mod - just userdata (wiki)/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/* for all menu items)

Hi Bob, I just found this post. How about going from Kodi 15 to kodi 16 using Aeon Nox Silvo? Any chance of carrying the menus over with that setup?

Thank you, Ron
I ended up following your post above and transferred the files. It worked beautifully. I have all of my KODI 15.2 menus in Jarvis now.

Thanks so much.
I am using Xonfluence as my skin. Since upgrading to Jarvis I find the skin settings disappear from time to time. I have a spare copy of the settings.xml and just copy paste it back into the correct folder and all works fine again. I am not sure if the failure to save settings is a fault of Jarvis or the new skin. I have xonfluence on my PC as well and there is no problem retaining the settings on closing down.

I only have the problem on my Minix Neo X8-H Plus
Wow, I've spent at least four hours using this advice to try to restore my old skin settings from a regular backup and I'm totally amazed at how I can't figure out how to do a simple backup/restore.

I've tried the following on OpenElec and OSMC, Kodi 15 and 16, and even across multiple skins and the results are the same.. I see my beautiful old skin menu come up and last about a minute before it gets overwritten by the skin default settings.

Here's what I'm doing, which should be the sum total of all the internet advice I could find:

*) Stop kodi.service (or take out the SDRAM card and move it to a linux box
*) Completely rm -rf * the relevant skin directory (/storage/.kodi/addons/skin.___) and replace it with the version from the relevant backup folder
*) Replace guisettings.xml with guisettings.xml.restored
*) Restart kodi.service

I then get the one minute of old menu heaven before the settings get torn down in front of me.

Am I missing something? I'm pretty amazed at how hard it is to kill these zombie skin defaults despite my best efforts. I'm hoping there's some permissions magic or a secret folder/setting somewhere that will solve this messiness for me....
I am running Jarvis on 3 amazon fire devices. 2 sticks and 1 Fire TV. I have installed and configured Xonfluence skin with custom menu's on 1 of my fire sticks. I have successfully backed up kodi, but when I restore to the Fire TV and my other Fire Stick, the custom menu's do not show up. Kodi just stays on the default Confuence skin with normal menu's. All of my addon's, and skins and all the other files I have put in my custom install are there, but the custom settings and menu's are not. I have tried to restore several times, either I am doing something wrong, or I just don't know what the hell I am doing. Can someone help.

Again, I am using Jarvis, with Xonfluence skin.
Have you tried switching to xonfluence in system > appearance?
If so what happens?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RETAIN SKIN SETTINGS AFTER RESTORE?1