Hi there problems installing google chrome on kodibuntu
Hi there has anyone had any success installing google chrome on kodibuntu 14.0. It tried to install from the google webpage but it doesnt work because it has missing dependecies. Big thanks for any help. P.S. I am trying to install this so I can get netflix working.
I don't know about Kodibuntu, but I've certainly seen unmet dependencies on normal 'buntu. It simply depends on what those dependencies are - can you post the errors?

FWIW, I had to sudo apt-get install libappindicator1 libindicator7 on my XFCE system before Chrome would install, although you may have a completely different issue. The errors will tell you.
After it fails, 'sudo apt-get -f install'. It will then install all dependencies and chrome.
(2015-02-18, 04:52)doug piston Wrote: After it fails, 'sudo apt-get -f install'. It will then install all dependencies and chrome.

Thanks for all your help, Doug piston i installed from the google website not the terminal, would that make a difference? or would I have to install in the terminal from the start? If thats the case is there any chance of posting the commands needed thanks, I am completely new at linux and at the moment it's a big challenge thanks
Download the deb file from google. Then run:
sudo dpkg -i "nameofdeb.deb"

It'l fail with dependencies not met. run:
sudo apt-get -f install.

Enjoy your chrome goodness.
Thanks Doug
Hello! I have the same question, can you help?

PC: Lenovo Core 2 Duo E8400 2GB Ram

I'm using the android XBMC remote. I can use a keyboard though.

Basically, i'm trying to setup Kodibuntu so I can launch chrome and stream flash from a website.

I have so far installed SuperRepo, the chrome launcher but I haven't installed chrome from what I understand (I get the "Info - Chrome not found" notice when I try to start Vimeo Couchmode for example).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hi there problems installing google chrome on kodibuntu0