• 7(current)
Req Your Requests
@cliveo

This is the fourth time you have asked this question. There are 28 more skins to go. I won't allow you to ask this question again.

If you want all the Skinners to see your question, then post one question in the general questions area of the Skin Support Forum. (bottom of the page)

As an original WDTV Media Player user from many years ago, believe me when I tell you that the best thing you have done is moved onto Kodi. WDTV is like a cheap plastic toy compared to Kodi. Embrace Kodi, experiment with the 30+ skins that are available. I haven't seen a double list as you are describing and I don't think anybody here will hurry to emulate a WDTV type file view.

And your image brings back nightmares of the constant crashes I used to experience with WDTV Wink
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-07-14, 02:53)Karellen Wrote: @cliveo

This is the fourth time you have asked this question. There are 28 more skins to go. I won't allow you to ask this question again.

If you want all the Skinners to see your question, then post one question in the general questions area of the Skin Support Forum. (bottom of the page)

As an original WDTV Media Player user from many years ago, believe me when I tell you that the best thing you have done is moved onto Kodi. WDTV is like a cheap plastic toy compared to Kodi. Embrace Kodi, experiment with the 30+ skins that are available. I haven't seen a double list as you are describing and I don't think anybody here will hurry to emulate a WDTV type file view.

And your image brings back nightmares of the constant crashes I used to experience with WDTV Wink

Thanks for the heads up re Kodi forum etiquette. I naively thought that the Feature Request should be addressed to the relevant "skinner" as it appears to be a per skin situation rather than a global Kodi function. Trust me - I am working through the skins and only asking the question as I reach the end of the assessment of each skin which, as I say, appeared to be the right thing to do. If you review my posts I trust that you will see that I have always been courteous, deferential and polite in my dealings with the skinners as they respond to my enquiry. Does your ban on asking the question apply to posting it in the "general" section of the skin forum too?
Thank you,
Clive
Nothing in your post is in question. It is just the repetitive nature of the same post in multiple threads.

Please ask away in the general section of the forum. I can even move your posts around if you want me to. But para 2.3 of the Forum Rules don't allow for multiple posting. I let the first couple through because there was nothing wrong with them, and they were on topic, but now I get the impression you are slowly going to ask in every skin sub-forum so I just want to avoid 30+ repetitive posts.

Make a wishlist of what you are looking for. I know you are after a minimalist view with double columns. Anything else?

I should also add, that as you received no helpful advice on where to locate such a view from your other posts, it is a good sign that there is no such view.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hello K,
This may sound obtuse, but why have feature requests if it's not going to inject different ideas and ways of approaching a problem/solution? (I suppose that should be seen as a rhetorical question).Of the six or so that I have looked at so far Box comes closest to what I'm hoping for. Modifiable modularity, I guess, describes best in a single phrase the type of skin that would suit my wishes. If I could do it myself I would and I don't expect a skinner to die in the ditch over it as I know that there's work involved. I have said that I'm prepared to learn if there's anyone prepared to take me on as a pupil. Anyway, I'd be grateful if you could move my question to the appropriate place. Thanks in advance and regards,
Clive
(2017-07-14, 02:25)cliveo Wrote: Would it be possible to include a double column list view like the one used in WDTV Live media player? See an image here. I believe that this list type is the most efficient for quick browsing as it uses the entire screen and the fan art and info is only displayed on demand (which may also save on system resources?).
I'm new to KODI (my WDTV Live is rapidly becoming obsolete) and want a minimalist skin (not a big fan of eye candy) with as many user driven options as possible. So far Box is looking to be the most likely candidate for a permanent place on my HTPC. From my minimal experience with coding I do appreciate how much blood, sweat and tears go into any project. Congratulations on what you have achieved so far.
Thank you,
Clive
PS If it's possible to learn how to do this request and you'd be interested in mentoring me I'd be happy to put in the time.

Hi,

a View as on the WDTV doesnt really go with the BOX skin. I will however make a test, and if I like it, I will add it, but if not , than sorry.

If you wish to add such a view yourself, I recommend using the list view as a starting point. You basically just need to use a panel type instead of a list type and make some changes in the dimensions as well.
Thanks for considering the request and taking the time to respond.
Appreciated
Your skin is exactly what I need and like. Wink But I miss support for japanese and kyrilic characters (e.g. in names of files, genres, movies, titles). Other skins offer "Arial-based" in the font-settings. BOX doesn't.
Can we do something about it here?

I am using BOX with Kodi17.3 and LibreELEC 8 on Pi2.
Opps.  Looks like I put this in the wrong place.  Sorry about that.  Here goes....

I really, really like your skin.  Excellent work!  There are two or three things I wonder if I could talk you into putting in.

1)  When adding an action for a menu, and you select a custom video addon...would you make it where you can drill down to a further category?  For example, if the addon has a category for Documentaries, be able to select it rather than it only loading the homepage of the addon?

2)  Please enable the skin to use Extended Info Mod.  When I bring up the context menu and select Information, it shows a different info setup, which can't seem to find actors for me.  Plus, I like Extended Info Mod a lot.  Any chance you'd be willing to add a button to the...I can't think of the word...seekbar maybe?...when you have a video paused, and you press enter...that...  Big Grin  to show Extended Info Mod (or your current info if the user wishes, depending on a setting) from there too?

3)  One of the things I like so much about your skin is the time/date/weather display everywhere.  I really like how it looks and it's very easy to read.  When you pause a video, it already shows the time up at the top.  I'd like to see the weather up there too.  I'm fine to let go of the date in there.  Smile

It doesn't seem like a skin would really have an impact on this, but your skin is faster for me than the one I have been using when browsing a video addon that pulls info from Trakt.  I really don't understand why it would be.  Seems like the slowness there would be from reading in the info.  But, somehow, it is.  I love it for that!  Really great work.  I hope you'll consider my requests and be able to add them before too long.  Big Grin  Thank you!
(2017-12-16, 23:24)mystik Wrote: Opps.  Looks like I put this in the wrong place.  Sorry about that.  Here goes....

I really, really like your skin.  Excellent work!  There are two or three things I wonder if I could talk you into putting in.

1)  When adding an action for a menu, and you select a custom video addon...would you make it where you can drill down to a further category?  For example, if the addon has a category for Documentaries, be able to select it rather than it only loading the homepage of the addon?

2)  Please enable the skin to use Extended Info Mod.  When I bring up the context menu and select Information, it shows a different info setup, which can't seem to find actors for me.  Plus, I like Extended Info Mod a lot.  Any chance you'd be willing to add a button to the...I can't think of the word...seekbar maybe?...when you have a video paused, and you press enter...that...  Big Grin  to show Extended Info Mod (or your current info if the user wishes, depending on a setting) from there too?

3)  One of the things I like so much about your skin is the time/date/weather display everywhere.  I really like how it looks and it's very easy to read.  When you pause a video, it already shows the time up at the top.  I'd like to see the weather up there too.  I'm fine to let go of the date in there.  Smile

It doesn't seem like a skin would really have an impact on this, but your skin is faster for me than the one I have been using when browsing a video addon that pulls info from Trakt.  I really don't understand why it would be.  Seems like the slowness there would be from reading in the info.  But, somehow, it is.  I love it for that!  Really great work.  I hope you'll consider my requests and be able to add them before too long.  Big Grin  Thank you!
 1) To do this you drill down your addon and make your desired inner addon category as a favourite. Then you can assign that favourite as a custom tile via the Home Menu Customization Windows (see previous post)

2) The cast not showing up on Movies seems to be a Kodi issue, this works fine for Tv Shows. Try it and see. I am sure the kodi guys will solve this.

3) Yes, that would be nice. I will add it.
Is it possible to install in Kodi leia 18?
(2015-06-03, 17:40)calhaus Wrote: Oh yeah, just saw that. Ty! Smile

(1) Also you could have an option to have more than the 5 menu items, something like, if you have filled all 5 menu items with options, it would show up more items to personalize.
(2) This with the option to show the items horizontally if no widget is enabled. (Option: "Show widget or horizontal menus")

With this i could add my custom addons, and my favourites (1), plus, menus like Live tv, that don't a widget enabled would not have the items 4 and 5 hidden, but would occupy the free space next to them (if you chose that option) (2).

Examples how it would look if no widget enabled, or if you had more menu items:
(1) http://i.imgur.com/Fslagqd.png
(2) http://i.imgur.com/kSnSm4f.png

Or simply add a menu with more widgets (13 items to be specific, it's the total of visible items 1 rectangle + 2 squares + 10 square items from the widgets).

(3) How about custom actions? It would be great to have them also in the menu items
For example i would love to have updating/cleaning the video library options as menu items.
 This is know available.  Every can have a fully customizable 10 Tile Widget. When selecting a widget choose the Custom Tiles Widget.

Custom Actions is also now Available. So you can create a tile with your own Kodi commands
Would it be possible to get a view or two added for Music Videos?
  1. A view which is the same as the one available for Movies and TV called "fanart". In the case of Music Videos the background would be the music video's thumb image. Bonus points if the music video's poster image is displayed 1:1 aspect ratio to the left of each entry in the list
  2. Another view based on "fanart" which this time uses the music video's fanart image for the background and the music video's thumb image as a 16:9 aspect ratio display to the left of each list item
(2019-02-24, 13:25)WytRaven Wrote: Would it be possible to get a view or two added for Music Videos?
  1. A view which is the same as the one available for Movies and TV called "fanart". In the case of Music Videos the background would be the music video's thumb image. Bonus points if the music video's poster image is displayed 1:1 aspect ratio to the left of each entry in the list
  2. Another view based on "fanart" which this time uses the music video's fanart image for the background and the music video's thumb image as a 16:9 aspect ratio display to the left of each list item

I will check it out
(2019-02-24, 13:25)WytRaven Wrote: Would it be possible to get a view or two added for Music Videos?

A Fanartview has been added to Musicvideos.
The Fanartview does not contain a Cover or Thumb as part of the list. (I tried it, but it just doesnt look good)
Additionally, when browsing through Music Videos you can now choose if you want the fanart to be taken from the music video thumb, This option is available form the view options side blade on the left.
Thank you very much Smile
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Your Requests1