• 13(current)
Release Vimeo v4.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix
Hi to the developer off Vimeo 5.0 great update but could you put login support into app no way to login or search user videos cheers
@dazza1111 - I've merged your post above in the proper add-on support thread (this current one), so hopefully it will get better notice.

Just FYI in case you were wondering where your other thread had gone...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-09-06, 15:52)dazza1111 Wrote: Hi to the developer off Vimeo 5.0 great update but could you put login support into app no way to login or search user videos cheers

I added this as an issue: https://github.com/jaylinski/kodi-addon-vimeo/issues/3
(I don't know when I'll have time to implement it. It will probably take some time...)
(2019-08-31, 16:46)jay.kody Wrote:
(2019-08-27, 14:36)fishfinger44 Wrote: BIGGG THX man
I wait for this plugin very long.
If You need donation give me a button Wink
Thanks. Smile I'm happy if I can contribute back to the Kodi community.

The Vimeo Add-on is now in the official repository (version 5.0.0).
If there are any issues or feature requests, please report them on GitHub (https://github.com/jaylinski/kodi-addon-vimeo/issues) or here in the forum.  

YES !!   I hadn't noticed that my Kodi (LibreElec) devices had auto-updated the add-on,  until I randomly checked on it, and didn't receive the 'error' when selecting a video.

Here are my few 'notes' and/or observations...
  • Yes, the menu structure has changed,  but 'search' has been the 'goto' function I've used anyway (and it's still there).  Must remember to add the "-wedding" text to each 'search entry'.  (ooooooo !  Could a 'search template' functionality be added, to always include personal filtering text ?)
  • 'Hardware' acceleration doesn't appear to be an issue (for 'me'), as it appears to be 'enabled' on everything I've selected (using both Nvidia and Intel GPU's).
  • Videos I had previously watched (before the add-on re-write) that were being presented at the 1440p resolution, are now at full 2160p (wee WEEEE !).  Is this due to the HLS functionality ? (were the 2160p formats 'always' there ?)
  • The 'in player' video info doesn't display the 'title' of the stream being played,  nor the 'avatar image', that you see in the menu list.
  • There's no method to 'edit' the existing "search list" entries (i.e. delete the ones that I didn't add "-wedding" to).   I manually edited the "search_history.json" file to cull the list...
But anyway, THANKS !  I can now test 4K streams again (this is the add-on I've found that has ''full bitrate" 4K sources)
(2019-09-17, 01:56)Yubby Wrote: YES !!   I hadn't noticed that my Kodi (LibreElec) devices had auto-updated the add-on,  until I randomly checked on it, and didn't receive the 'error' when selecting a video.

Here are my few 'notes' and/or observations...
  • Yes, the menu structure has changed,  but 'search' has been the 'goto' function I've used anyway (and it's still there).  Must remember to add the "-wedding" text to each 'search entry'.  (ooooooo !  Could a 'search template' functionality be added, to always include personal filtering text ?)
  • 'Hardware' acceleration doesn't appear to be an issue (for 'me'), as it appears to be 'enabled' on everything I've selected (using both Nvidia and Intel GPU's).
  • Videos I had previously watched (before the add-on re-write) that were being presented at the 1440p resolution, are now at full 2160p (wee WEEEE !).  Is this due to the HLS functionality ? (were the 2160p formats 'always' there ?)
  • The 'in player' video info doesn't display the 'title' of the stream being played,  nor the 'avatar image', that you see in the menu list.
  • There's no method to 'edit' the existing "search list" entries (i.e. delete the ones that I didn't add "-wedding" to).   I manually edited the "search_history.json" file to cull the list...
But anyway, THANKS !  I can now test 4K streams again (this is the add-on I've found that has ''full bitrate" 4K sources)     

Thanks for your feedback!
Hello, my Kodi is not able to play vimeo videos with this plugin. Here is debug kodi log file when I try to play vimeo video - https://pastebin.com/jLJw5yzh
Thanks for help
(2019-10-05, 20:53)birko Wrote: Hello, my Kodi is not able to play vimeo videos with this plugin. Here is debug kodi log file when I try to play vimeo video - https://pastebin.com/jLJw5yzh
Thanks for help

Thanks for the report. Issue confirmed and tracked in https://github.com/jaylinski/kodi-addon-vimeo/issues/7.
And....  It's back...

Noticed version 5.0.1 being available (one of my units had already downloaded and installed the update).

Knew that you would work on the issue of 'non-play-ability', so I didn't bug you with a report.

AND, I see the 'in player' video info now displays the 'title' of the stream being played,  as well as the 'avatar image'.  (wee WEEEE !!!  all the way home).

So, if only there was a way to permanently filter-out all of the 'wedding' videos........
(2019-10-17, 19:27)Yubby Wrote: And....  It's back...

Noticed version 5.0.1 being available (one of my units had already downloaded and installed the update).

Knew that you would work on the issue of 'non-play-ability', so I didn't bug you with a report.

AND, I see the 'in player' video info now displays the 'title' of the stream being played,  as well as the 'avatar image'.  (wee WEEEE !!!  all the way home).

So, if only there was a way to permanently filter-out all of the 'wedding' videos........

Did Vimeo change their 'audio stream' recently (this week ?)  ??   There's no longer any 'sound'...
The LibreElec  'codec info' for all of the videos says "Unknown" in the audio section...
Tested multiple units, and ones with different sound configurations (Nvidia HDMI pass-thru,  analog stereo jack, etc)
(2020-02-23, 03:21)Yubby Wrote: Did Vimeo change their 'audio stream' recently (this week ?)  ??   There's no longer any 'sound'...
The LibreElec  'codec info' for all of the videos says "Unknown" in the audio section...
Tested multiple units, and ones with different sound configurations (Nvidia HDMI pass-thru,  analog stereo jack, etc) 

I thought it was my HTPC, but since you experience the same issue, Vimeo must have changed something. Switching from HLS to progressive also didn't help.
I will investigate: https://github.com/jaylinski/kodi-addon-vimeo/issues/18
(2020-02-23, 12:15)jay.kody Wrote:
(2020-02-23, 03:21)Yubby Wrote: Did Vimeo change their 'audio stream' recently (this week ?)  ??   There's no longer any 'sound'...

I thought it was my HTPC, but since you experience the same issue, Vimeo must have changed something. Switching from HLS to progressive also didn't help.
Wow, you did a lot of work in such short a time...
I have re-tested on all of my units (with the various audio-output hardware and settings) without issue.
Now, how does one use the 'search template' ?
(2020-02-26, 02:32)Yubby Wrote:
(2020-02-23, 12:15)jay.kody Wrote:

Wow, you did a lot of work in such short a time...
I have re-tested on all of my units (with the various audio-output hardware and settings) without issue.
ALSO !  A strange issue has arisen...   If you search for "Iceland" you recieve an error (regardless of the 'settings' for resolution):

2020-02-25 21:20:51.913 T:139984090674944   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'hls'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vimeo/addon.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                plugin.run()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vimeo/resources/plugin.py", line 95, in run
                                                search(handle, query)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vimeo/resources/plugin.py", line 144, in search
                                                collection = listItems.from_collection(api.search(query, "videos"))
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vimeo/resources/lib/vimeo/api.py", line 99, in search
                                                return self._map_json_to_collection(res)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vimeo/resources/lib/vimeo/api.py", line 154, in _map_json_to_collection
                                                video_url = self._extract_url_from_search_response(item.get("play"))
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vimeo/resources/lib/vimeo/api.py", line 235, in _extract_url_from_search_response
                                                return video_files["hls"]["link"]
                                            KeyError: 'hls'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2020-02-25 21:20:51.982 T:139983438300928   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.vimeo/search/?query=Iceland
2020-02-25 21:20:51.985 T:139985026230464   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.vimeo/search/?query=Iceland) failed
2020-02-25 21:22:07.945 T:139984904374016 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1
(2020-02-26, 02:32)Yubby Wrote: Wow, you did a lot of work in such short a time...

It's documented on the wiki: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Vimeo (In short: the "{}" will be replaced by your search query.)
(2019-10-05, 20:53)birko Wrote: Hello, my Kodi is not able to play vimeo videos with this plugin. Here is debug kodi log file when I try to play vimeo video - https://pastebin.com/jLJw5yzh
Thanks for help

Better late then never: the add-on can now play "non-embeddable" videos. (Like the one you tried to watch.)
(2020-02-26, 07:27)Yubby Wrote: ALSO !  A strange issue has arisen...   If you search for "Iceland" you recieve an error (regardless of the 'settings' for resolution):

2020-02-25 21:20:51.913 T:139984090674944   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'hls'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vimeo/addon.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                plugin.run()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vimeo/resources/plugin.py", line 95, in run
                                                search(handle, query)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vimeo/resources/plugin.py", line 144, in search
                                                collection = listItems.from_collection(api.search(query, "videos"))
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vimeo/resources/lib/vimeo/api.py", line 99, in search
                                                return self._map_json_to_collection(res)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vimeo/resources/lib/vimeo/api.py", line 154, in _map_json_to_collection
                                                video_url = self._extract_url_from_search_response(item.get("play"))
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vimeo/resources/lib/vimeo/api.py", line 235, in _extract_url_from_search_response
                                                return video_files["hls"]["link"]
                                            KeyError: 'hls'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2020-02-25 21:20:51.982 T:139983438300928   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.vimeo/search/?query=Iceland
2020-02-25 21:20:51.985 T:139985026230464   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.vimeo/search/?query=Iceland) failed
2020-02-25 21:22:07.945 T:139984904374016 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1 

That sucks. I love those beautiful videos from Iceland. Love

Issue confirmed and tracked in: https://github.com/jaylinski/kodi-addon-vimeo/issues/19 (I'll release a fix shortly.)
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vimeo v4.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix1