• 41(current)
Trakt.tv v3
(2015-08-12, 10:21)freddan101 Wrote: Long time XBMC/Kodi user but new to trakt.tv. I have successfully setup syncing between Kodi - trakt.tv and watch status get updated as expected at the trakt.tv site.

Sorry for this noob question but how do I get the watched status to automatically get synced FROM the trakt.tv site to Kodi? I have found one configuration option that would initiate a sync after a library update in Kodi but as I understand it that option will also make info about my whole TV/Movie collection to get synced to trakt.tv which I don't prefer.

You can disable the collection stuff in the settings, and just enable the addon to push watched data to trakt, this is disabled by default.

(2015-08-12, 13:32)therock003 Wrote: In kodi the dates fine as well

Even if your disconnected? There might be a problem when you loose the time server
(2015-08-12, 14:56)Razze Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 10:21)freddan101 Wrote: Long time XBMC/Kodi user but new to trakt.tv. I have successfully setup syncing between Kodi - trakt.tv and watch status get updated as expected at the trakt.tv site.

Sorry for this noob question but how do I get the watched status to automatically get synced FROM the trakt.tv site to Kodi? I have found one configuration option that would initiate a sync after a library update in Kodi but as I understand it that option will also make info about my whole TV/Movie collection to get synced to trakt.tv which I don't prefer.

You can disable the collection stuff in the settings, and just enable the addon to push watched data to trakt, this is disabled by default.
Push works very well. It's the pull I'm wondering about.

How can I make the addon sync regulary so changes made at the trakt.tv site (i.e changes made in Plex, synced to trakt.tv) is pulled to Kodi?
(2015-08-12, 15:37)freddan101 Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 14:56)Razze Wrote:

Push works very well. It's the pull I'm wondering about.

Sorry, thats what I ment to say.

Your looking for this:
Some clarification please, what is the difference between marking a movie/tv show as watched (from the context menu) and doing the same with the trakt.tv watched addon as both update the watch status on your trakt.tv account?

I use Kodi across a few devices and have found that there isn't an easy way to unwatch an item from trakt.tv (from within Kodi) and then spread the unwatch status to all devices. Could an unwatch from trakt.tv option be included?
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
(2015-08-13, 13:48)levi.baker88 Wrote: Some clarification please, what is the difference between marking a movie/tv show as watched (from the context menu) and doing the same with the trakt.tv watched addon as both update the watch status on your trakt.tv account?

I use Kodi across a few devices and have found that there isn't an easy way to unwatch an item from trakt.tv (from within Kodi) and then spread the unwatch status to all devices. Could an unwatch from trakt.tv option be included?

Setting watched from the context menu will send a watched right now, for that one movie/show/episode.
When you do a sync it will send all the watched movies/shows and compare against trakt, if you have some missing it will grab the date you watched it from your kodi db and set is as watched whenever the date was.

Unwatched should be possible, but I'm not seeing me doing it. It will also introduce other problems, like which side wins in a conflict of flags, does trakt have the true value or does kodi have it etc.
(2015-08-12, 16:58)Razze Wrote: Sorry, thats what I ment to say.

Your looking for this:
Thanks for the tip. Updates are happening at the Kodi side when initiating a sync manually now.

But is it possible to pull info from trakt.tv automatically?
(2015-08-13, 22:48)Razze Wrote:
(2015-08-13, 13:48)levi.baker88 Wrote: Some clarification please, what is the difference between marking a movie/tv show as watched (from the context menu) and doing the same with the trakt.tv watched addon as both update the watch status on your trakt.tv account?

Setting watched from the context menu will send a watched right now, for that one movie/show/episode.
When you do a sync it will send all the watched movies/shows and compare against trakt, if you have some missing it will grab the date you watched it from your kodi db and set is as watched whenever the date was.

Unwatched should be possible, but I'm not seeing me doing it. It will also introduce other problems, like which side wins in a conflict of flags, does trakt have the true value or does kodi have it etc.

Thanks for the response. The last part of your answer is what I was looking for.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
If you mark something as watched though, do you have to manually sync, cause it didnt appear until i did that
(2015-08-14, 15:07)therock003 Wrote: If you mark something as watched though, do you have to manually sync, cause it didnt appear until i did that

If you want it to be watched on trakt, you can use the "Trakt.tv watched" button in the context menu. You may have to install the contextmenu addon for that.
I have Kodi on two Raspberry Pis, two android devices and two Windows machines (7 and 8.1). All access the same central MySQL library and on the Windows 8.1 laptop and Samsung tablet I have an "away" login that uses a local library for use when travelling. All works fine on the whole and the Trakt plugin works perfectly on the Raspberry and Android devices when syncing and after an episode is watched.

My problem is that the Trakt add-on on the Windows machines stalls when syncing at 2% with the message "Parsing 4 of 146 episode data from Kodi" and I cannot cancel this, I have to kill Kodi. But using the "away" login on the Windows 8.1 laptop it works. After watching an episode it updates Trakt no problem on the two WIndows machines.

I have reinstalled the plugin, ensured the PIN is correct etc. Any tips on how I can fix this?

Thanks, John
(2015-08-14, 20:37)johnvick1 Wrote: I have Kodi on two Raspberry Pis, two android devices and two Windows machines (7 and 8.1). All access the same central MySQL library and on the Windows 8.1 laptop and Samsung tablet I have an "away" login that uses a local library for use when travelling. All works fine on the whole and the Trakt plugin works perfectly on the Raspberry and Android devices when syncing and after an episode is watched.

My problem is that the Trakt add-on on the Windows machines stalls when syncing at 2% with the message "Parsing 4 of 146 episode data from Kodi" and I cannot cancel this, I have to kill Kodi. But using the "away" login on the Windows 8.1 laptop it works. After watching an episode it updates Trakt no problem on the two WIndows machines.

I have reinstalled the plugin, ensured the PIN is correct etc. Any tips on how I can fix this?

Thanks, John

Please create a debug log, there should be a documentation how to do this in the first post.

It doesn't sound 100% like it, but you might also check this solution, just in case.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2069524
Thanks - here's what looks like the relevant part of the log, I can post more if necessary:

07:34:35 T:2292 ERROR: Exception in thread trakt-sync:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\service.py", line 328, in run
sync.sync()
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\sync.py", line 939, in sync
self.__syncEpisodes()
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\sync.py", line 512, in __syncEpisodes
kodiShowsCollected, kodiShowsWatched = self.__kodiLoadShows()
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\sync.py", line 84, in __kodiLoadShows
show['seasons'] = utilities.kodiRpcToTraktMediaObjects(data)
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\utilities.py", line 407, in kodiRpcToTraktMediaObjects
episodeObject = kodiRpcToTraktMediaObject('episode', episode, mode)
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\utilities.py", line 357, in kodiRpcToTraktMediaObject
episode['watched_at'] = convertDateTimeToUTC(data['lastplayed'])
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\utilities.py", line 437, in convertDateTimeToUTC
utc = local.astimezone(tzutc())
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.dateutil\lib\dateutil\tz.py", line 113, in utcoffset
if self._isdst(dt):
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.dateutil\lib\dateutil\tz.py", line 157, in _isdst
return time.localtime(timestamp+time.timezone).tm_isdst
ValueError: (22, 'Invalid argument')
07:34:43 T:5628 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x38, sym: 0x0134, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x100
(2015-08-14, 21:44)johnvick1 Wrote: Thanks - here's what looks like the relevant part of the log, I can post more if necessary:

07:34:35 T:2292 ERROR: Exception in thread trakt-sync:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\service.py", line 328, in run
sync.sync()
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\sync.py", line 939, in sync
self.__syncEpisodes()
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\sync.py", line 512, in __syncEpisodes
kodiShowsCollected, kodiShowsWatched = self.__kodiLoadShows()
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\sync.py", line 84, in __kodiLoadShows
show['seasons'] = utilities.kodiRpcToTraktMediaObjects(data)
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\utilities.py", line 407, in kodiRpcToTraktMediaObjects
episodeObject = kodiRpcToTraktMediaObject('episode', episode, mode)
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\utilities.py", line 357, in kodiRpcToTraktMediaObject
episode['watched_at'] = convertDateTimeToUTC(data['lastplayed'])
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.trakt\utilities.py", line 437, in convertDateTimeToUTC
utc = local.astimezone(tzutc())
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.dateutil\lib\dateutil\tz.py", line 113, in utcoffset
if self._isdst(dt):
File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.dateutil\lib\dateutil\tz.py", line 157, in _isdst
return time.localtime(timestamp+time.timezone).tm_isdst
ValueError: (22, 'Invalid argument')
07:34:43 T:5628 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x38, sym: 0x0134, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x100

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2069846
Thanks for you help with this but I can't fix it - I used the method you refer to in the link above and corrected a few wrong entries on Trakt, but the problem persists. Also I am puzzled why this only occurs in Windows and not Android and Pi devices as all use the same library?
Interesting issue:

Back story - Had Trakt.tv 3.0.3 installed and working on my main PC (have trakt.tv working on a few other devices also). Decided to stuff around with iTunes and Kodi and completely lunched Kodi. So I completely uninstalled Kodi, computer restart etc., install Kodi (Win32 12 Aug nightly build), download trakt addon from your github, try to install from zip (as it is no longer searchable within Kodi) and get the below error message.

"dependency on script 2.4.2 not satisfied"

I tried both installation methods on your github (or to the best of my abilities as the file paths mentioned have changed slightly from XBMC to Kodi).

Would you like a debug log?
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trakt.tv v35