• 4(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
I get that but you have 2 different programing for your 650 you have one on top and the bottom im confused on which one belongs to what. the forst one is it programming the mce keyboard or what?
(2015-03-29, 00:08)teegray1124 Wrote: I get that but you have 2 different programing for your 650 you have one on top and the bottom im confused on which one belongs to what. the forst one is it programming the mce keyboard or what?

You need to read the guide from the beginning. The first step is determining what type of IR receiver you have.
ok it sleeps my computer but wont wake it up.
(2015-03-29, 01:33)teegray1124 Wrote: ok it sleeps my computer but wont wake it up.

It sounds like you are close the end. You want to use Windows Media Center SE to turn the computer on and off. The power setting for Windows Media Center SE should be set to toggle the power on and off with one button. The default may be to have a separate button to power the PC on and another to power it off.

Also, in the Windows power settings, make sure the PC is set to sleep on power off and not to hibernate or power off completely.

Lastly, you may need to use the Help button sometimes to wake the PC. This is not always consistent on my system, either; sometimes the PC does not wake from sleep. Most of the time it does, but sometimes it does not. It also helps to customize the Windows Media Center SE device (not the activity, the device) by adding a custom PowerToggle button on the touch screen. This way, you can switch to that device and power it on or off if it fails to wake or go to sleep.
For logitech my harmony (650) i have

Inter key delay and input delay

I don't find inter - device delay

and in first page input delay suggested setting is 300 ms but my harmony ask for multiple of 500 so minimum is 500

thank you
(2015-03-30, 22:27)Roby77 Wrote: For logitech my harmony (650) i have

and in first page input delay suggested setting is 300 ms but my harmony ask for multiple of 500 so minimum is 500

thank you

Inter-device delay is only available for devices that power on and off.

That input delay setting must be a limitation of the MyHarmony software. I will add that to the guide.
Thank you Warner to start this thread. It is really helpful.
(2015-03-30, 22:36)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-03-30, 22:27)Roby77 Wrote: For logitech my harmony (650) i have

thank you

Inter-device delay is only available for devices that power on and off.

That input delay setting must be a limitation of the MyHarmony software. I will add that to the guide.

Try this on on the remote itself (should work on 600, 650, and 700):

- Press Help for 5 seconds.
- Answer Yes on "Delay Fixing" menu
- Select the device that you want to increase/decrease the delay
- Select "Change Delay"
- Select either "Power on Delay" or "Inter-Device Delay" to set it.
Ok thank you

Just for curiostiy I noticed that with receiver 5188/1667 when tv plasma Is on the receiver blink always without using remote

With 5187 no problem

Strange thing

*Edit:Find out that is common problem with plasma tv
Yes, it's common when you have a plasma TV set and a IR receiver close together. It's an interference, where you can test how to reduce it by blocking the top of the receiver (i.e. putting a piece of cardboard or thick paper) and see the receiver either stops blinking or blinking less often.
Thanks for the guide! I have been putting off connecting my older harmony 1100 for a long time until I found this. it works great! only thing I'm trying to figure out is the fullscreen / window view toggle. I configured it to use the backslash included in the MCE keyboard, but when I click it the PC goes crazy, toggling between full/window size over and over . That's the only command I'm having issues with. I'm sure I will figure something out soon. Other than that I appreciate your info.
I use Tab for fullscreen. Try to map another key for window toggle in keyboard.xml.
Hello,

I'm on openelec at the moment, and configure my Harmony Touch as you describe it in the first page. I've added a Microsoft Keyboard profile, everything is working fine, except the "shutdown menu" shortcut: "S" key.
When pressing the "S" key on a true wireless keyboard, i have the shutdown menu. When pressing the specified button on my Hamrony -mapped to the "S" key of the Microsoft MCE Keyboard", nothing happens. Any idea? It's quite frustrating!
(2015-04-19, 23:41)Mydriaze Wrote: Hello,

I'm on openelec at the moment, and configure my Harmony Touch as you describe it in the first page. I've added a Microsoft Keyboard profile, everything is working fine, except the "shutdown menu" shortcut: "S" key.
When pressing the "S" key on a true wireless keyboard, i have the shutdown menu. When pressing the specified button on my Hamrony -mapped to the "S" key of the Microsoft MCE Keyboard", nothing happens. Any idea? It's quite frustrating!

This is what I'm using. It seems to be working:

This is a Windows-only guide, however. I don't know if a different key is used under Linux operating systems. Are you sure it doesn't have something to do with the long press/short press setting? Try mapping this command to another key as a test.
Hi Guys,

This looks like a very helpful tutorial however I was disappointed to find no reference to Bluetooth. Is it possible??

I have a Harmony Ultimate with Hub. I successfully paired the hub with my PC through Bluetooth (it sees it as the Harmony Keyboard), and I can basically control things with my remote. If I start Kodi manually, I can navigate around the screens with the direction pad on the remote, however most of the buttons obviously aren't mapped.

I'm guessing I'm close but could someone point out what next steps I should take to be able to launch Kodi from the remote and map all the buttons I want?

Thanks!!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6