• 7(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
One more thing.

If I want to add the yellow button to next subtitle and the green button to next language during playback of a movie.

As far as I understand this can be done in two ways?

These ID's can be used with the Container.SetSortMethod(id) function:
<onclick>Container.SetSortMethod(35)</onclick>
<onclick>Container.SetSortMethod(36)</onclick>

Now what? What is the next step here to get this wokring? What files to I add it to?

or

Action IDs:

NextSubtitle
AudioNextLanguage

Will this be one way to get it done? Create the following in keyboard.xml and place it in the keymaps folder?

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<alt mod="2">AudioNextLanguage</alt>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Next subtitle is a build in feature to the letter L, so I assume that mapping the button to L in harmony is enough here?

Then on harmony I map L and alt+2 to the yellow and green button?

I don`t understand the difference between those two methods. Is the first one for only adding the SE, and the second one for MCE?

Nevermind:

I added two devices. Microsoft-->Kodi and Microsoft-->MCE Keyboard.

Almost every function I wanted were already available with name to easy map to buttons on the first one I added. For NextAudioLanguage I created keyboard.xml and added it that way.

Everything is working now Smile
I recently reinstalled Windows 7 and with that Kodi. Upon reinstalling Windows I uninstalled Windows Media Centre as I never used it as part of slimming down unwanted programmes.

I recently reinstalled a loader for Kodi to run off the 'media' button on my keyboard etc. This enables the Harmony One to load up Kodi. The fix replaces the ehome file with a new modified one. I realised that this folder didn't exist, presumably because I uninstalled WMC ? Anyhow, I made a new folder for it to be located in and all is now well.

So I'm finally at the point of this! I'm having a bit of trouble getting my Harmony One to control Kodi. It used to be fine. Now it doesn't marry up. I wondered if there was a needed file which comes with the Windows Media Centre install that I've removed.
Of course I find this AFTER I figure out how to get my harmony to work. I have the Matricom G-Box Q and harmony had the controls on their site. But because the Q only comes with a simple remote, with no pause play fast rewind etc. I just preloaded the Matricom G-Box MX2 controls to get playback buttons, and programmed in everything else with my current G-Box Q remote. Works great now.
I took a gamble and bought a Flirc dongle to go with my old Logitech Harmony One remote. Set up was extremely easy but it took me a while to figure out how to get the media buttons (red, green...) to work inside of PseudoTV Live.
Brevity should never equate to rudeness.
Hello Everyone.

I have a new Sony Android TV. I have Kodi installed but I am having a little trouble with remote commands. I want to add the "C" key so I can add stuff to favorites, etc. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks!
This is explained in detail in the guide. It depends on what type of IR receiver you have.
Hi guys,

So I have followed this guide with MyHarmony software.

1 Problem I ran across is in the guide it says to only use 1 device to power on the activity.
But adding in MCE Keyboard and SE the activity automatically adds 2 devices on the power on/off list.

I cannot remove 1 as its a default as part of the activity.

Any ideas?
My full HTPC build log:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129352
Core i3-2120T 2.6Ghz, 4gb Kingston DDR3, mSATA SSD, Moneual 312 Case, GT520 GPU
Answered you on the NUC thread.
Ok so now I have another issue.

I've configured it with MCE Keyboard and SE.

The SE commands work, but none of the MCE Keyboard commands work...

I am using an Intel NUC with built in RC6
My full HTPC build log:
Why don't you just try with one device ? I just use Microsoft media center pc and it works great almost out of the box.
Ye just done that now...

Removed the MCE Keyboard.

But I wanted things like the I for Info, and O for codec menu and stuff...
Wonder if I just add the MCE Keyboard on its own?
My full HTPC build log:
Remap this in remote.xml.
My info keys triggers the info and long pressing it triggers the codec.
Just assign in the harmony app different command, then remaps this with remote.xml.
Don't use keyboard.xml, your remote is seen as a remote not a keyboard.
Umm... Could you help me a little bit more.

1) The long and short press, how do you configure this in MyHarmony?
Just click the button to map, and use 'Both' setting?

2) What would I put in the remote.xml?
And would this reside in userdata/keymaps/remote.xml (OpenELEC).

3) What do you put in the remote.xml file?
I have Info to map and a few others.
But if you could get me started that would be ace, especially the short and long press.

Thanks again for your help
My full HTPC build log:
The easiest would be to give me precisely what you want saying for one button (the info would be a good start) for short and long press.

After showing you how to setup this button, you will understand how to do the rest of them.

Edit: what harmony remote do you have? And what OS do you use ?
I have a Harmony Touch:
http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/harmony-touch

And I use Windows 10 as my daily PC, but my HTPC runs OpenELEC.

Ye lets start with Info, so the Info button on the remote to pull up the Info for shows.

And actually I can use one of the coloured buttons lets say Blue for Codec info.
And Red button for toggling watched status...

Thats a good start.
My full HTPC build log:
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6