• 8(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
(2015-07-22, 22:15)SavellM Wrote: I have a Harmony Touch:
http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/harmony-touch

And I use Windows 10 as my daily PC, but my HTPC runs OpenELEC.

Ye lets start with Info, so the Info button on the remote to pull up the Info for shows.

And actually I can use one of the coloured buttons lets say Blue for Codec info.
And Red button for toggling watched status...

Thats a good start.

Review the portion of the guide regarding the creation of a keyboard.xml. You can take any command in the Windows Media Center SE control list and convert it to a Kodi command. This is the portion I'm talking about:

Advanced Configuration – keyboard.xml

It is possible to add commands not included in the list of Kodi keyboard controls by creating a file called a keyboard.xml. For example, if I wanted a command to return to the home screen, I would add the following to my keyboard.xml:

keyboard.xml:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<esc mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(home)</esc>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

The entry in the Harmony software would look like this:

Down Arrow (Harmony) --> Home --> Cntrl+Esc (SE)

If I wanted to map commands already assigned to other keys for specific circumstances, such as fullscreen playback, subsections could be added:

<keymap>
<FullScreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<home>subtitledelay</home>
<esc>AudioNextLanguage</esc>
</keyboard>
</FullScreenVideo>
</keymap>

The above file should be created in a text editor such as Notepad or Notepad++ and saved as keyboard.xml. The .xml must be stored at the following location:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps

Click here for a complete list of Kodi Action IDs.
Click here for a complete list of Kodi built-in functions.

More information on the formatting and contents of a keyboard.xml can be found here.

Link: Another take on how to bind a key to a custom command.

I wasn't aware of any limitations regarding the use of MCE Keyboard with Intel NUcs. Is this true? Will the NUC not accept direct keyboard commands such as I, C, S, etc.
Ok, let see this tomorrow morning as it's late here, but i assume you use the same crappy harmony app on your pc as i do so it will be easy and if you are on Openelec, great, i can also show you a way to avoid, when pressing volume up or down, to have the volume osd popup and disapear for repoping up when you long press the volume which annoyed me to a point i dig to the bottom of the hole to understand how openelec deals with rc6 mce remote.

See ya and in me midtine, if you didn't check it, i would suggest to have a look at the kodi wiki for keymapping and also on the openelec wiki which deals with Lircmap.

Sorry for not having the links, but i am on my phone with one thumb available ;-)
(2015-07-22, 22:49)Namoi Wrote: Ok, let see this tomorrow morning as it's late here, but i assume you use the same crappy harmony app on your pc as i do so it will be easy and if you are on Openelec, great, i can also show you a way to avoid, when pressing volume up or down, to have the volume osd popup and disapear for repoping up when you long press the volume which annoyed me to a point i dig to the bottom of the hole to understand how openelec deals with rc6 mce remote.

See ya and in me midtine, if you didn't check it, i would suggest to have a look at the kodi wiki for keymapping and also on the openelec wiki which deals with Lircmap.

Sorry for not having the links, but i am on my phone with one thumb available ;-)

This is a Windows-only guide, so I'm not sure how the conversation turned to OpenElec? The first paragraph contains links to the other OS dealing with Harmony remote set-up.
Ah, yes that is true, but it is in the general tips and tricks section so i didn't remember it was windows specific.
@SavellM will have to open a new thread then.
And btw, he did just specified his OS two posts above so i assumed it was OK.
Thanks for these easy to follow instructions. Got my Harmony 650 working easily with my setup, using the basic keymap outlined in page 1. I have lots of personal data stored on my iPhone. Wanna try this tool. Any suggestion on this?
Is there a guide for Android, or more specifically the Fire TV?
So many time i have searched for Configuring a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi. This thread was helpful
Hey guys,
I have an intel nuc with built in cir and a Harmony one+
Since a while i have installed openelec to my htpc and all goes well!
But now i have installed windows.8.1 and.more than a half buttons wont work anymore in kodi!
Is there any chance to get the remote to work?!?
Also the shutddown command.work.but.wake.up not!
Any clues?!
Greetz Stealth
System : openelec 3.2.3 | Aeon Nox | Intel i3-3225 @3,3Ghz | Intel Graphic integrated | 4Gb Ram | 128 SSD
Remotes : Harmony One+ | MCE-Remote | xbmc IPhone Remote | Yatse on Asus Transformer Prime
TV : Sony Bravia over Hdmi | TV Server : 3xTechnotrend Cable Tuner | DVBViewer 5.0+RecService 1.25
Sound : Logitech Z5500 over optical
Storage : Qnap 412 4x3TB Raid5
(2015-08-02, 01:07)StealthDefender Wrote: Hey guys,
I have an intel nuc with built in cir and a Harmony one+
Since a while i have installed openelec to my htpc and all goes well!
But now i have installed windows.8.1 and.more than a half buttons wont work anymore in kodi!
Is there any chance to get the remote to work?!?
Also the shutddown command.work.but.wake.up not!
Any clues?!
Greetz Stealth

This is a Windows guide, so I would start from the beginning and compare with my own setup. I'm not sure what the differences are with OpenElec.
I can't figure out how to set a custom activity. It's only letting me set the "Watch TV" activity.
(2015-08-13, 02:40)dementual Wrote: I can't figure out how to set a custom activity. It's only letting me set the "Watch TV" activity.

What version of the software are you using? This is covered in the guide.
Thanks for this GREAT guide! It works like a charm Smile

I have a VRC-1100 reciver and a Harmony 1100.
The only thing i miss is a bottum to get to the home screen.

Thanks!
(2015-08-21, 10:38)DanielPT Wrote: Thanks for this GREAT guide! It works like a charm Smile

Thanks!

Try adding this to your keyboard.xml:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<numpadtimes>ActivateWindow(home)</numpadtimes>
</keyboard>
</global>

This replaces "Jump to Bottom" on the keymap with "Home."
(2015-06-15, 17:56)xallias Wrote:
(2015-06-14, 23:46)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-06-14, 13:21)xallias Wrote: ok thanks for responding but can please someone please tell me where in the keymap file from this site https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...yboard.xml i muss place this i mean the right line and i dont see a keystroke in it

The entry would look something like this (using Cntrl + Esc as the key command):

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<esc mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/)</esc>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

ok thanks for this but when i copied this en put it on the last line of mine keyboard file it open mine startmenu from windows 8 i tried this also before copiyng and it does the shame as after from windows 8 so this isnt working
First i copiyd this

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

then this

<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

and finaly this

<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</keymap>

but sadly nothing worked

Iam very sorry for mine late respons but when i used ctrl + Esc it opens mine start menu button on wondows 8 and not tv shows so what am i doing wrong
(2015-08-21, 21:56)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-08-21, 10:38)DanielPT Wrote: Thanks for this GREAT guide! It works like a charm Smile

Thanks!

Try adding this to your keyboard.xml:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<numpadtimes>ActivateWindow(home)</numpadtimes>
</keyboard>
</global>

This replaces "Jump to Bottom" on the keymap with "Home."

Meny thanks.

But sorry im a noob. I just added the VRF-1100 to my Harmony software and made play/pause and so on.
So where do i do this the easyst way?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6