• 16(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
(2016-02-29, 02:42)Warner306 Wrote: I don't think autohotkey would be the cause. I'm not sure what could be wrong.

ok well, thanks for the quick reply. ill keep tinkering.
Logitech's website lists 'Microsoft Kodi' as a compatible device. Are the keyboard mappings still necessary?
(2016-03-07, 20:04)Tq93PEQ Wrote: Logitech's website lists 'Microsoft Kodi' as a compatible device. Are the keyboard mappings still necessary?

Yes, the process won't be any different than described. Kodi recognizes keyboard commands (e.g. x = stop) as well as app commands (e.g. media_stop). The devices suggested in this guide offer greater flexibility, but the process of mapping commands would be the same.
I have to admit I didn't read this thread thru out, I have a "simple" question. I have a Harmony Ultimate One (without hub) and a laptop running Windows 10.
Any advice what specific ir rc6 receiver I should get ?
Thx
(2016-03-10, 16:52)mfu95 Wrote: I have to admit I didn't read this thread thru out, I have a "simple" question. I have a Harmony Ultimate One (without hub) and a laptop running Windows 10.
Any advice what specific ir rc6 receiver I should get ?
Thx

No, I haven't experimented enough to recommend any of them. I can tell you I use the first HP receiver with Windows 10 and it is working fine. I can't say that is the best receiver, though. My ORtec VRC-1100 has a little less latency (I think). I would still buy the HP receiver because it seems reliable. But I would like to try the last receiver made by MediaGate.

I have bought two dud receivers from China. Both were HP models not pictured. Neither worked correctly, and only some button presses were read by Windows.
[/quote] . But I would like to try the last receiver made by MediaGate. [/quote]

Thanks,
I could look into that if you could share a link
Thank you very much
. But I would like to try the last receiver made by MediaGate. [/quote]

Thanks,
I could look into that if you could share a link
[/quote]

Search for MediaGate HA-IR01SV in your region.

Here is an example: http://www.amazon.com/Azend-Group-MediaG...B00123UGWQ.
Hi all,
I'm still having an impossible time getting this to work and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I have an activity created, which I renamed to HTPC.

I have an FLIRC device that interprets MOST of my commands to Kodi but there are three that I need that I cannot figure out how to send to the remote. One is "\" (backslash), the second is "M" and the third is the startup (Control+Alt+Shift+Z). I had this all set up years ago but the profile got erased. Now I forget how to re-add it. Everything else is working fine except those three commands.

I've been at it for days and just can't figure out what's wrong. Say I want to map "M" in (OSD Player controls) to the "REC" key on my Harmony remote. In "customize buttons", beside "Record" I have selected the MCE Keyboard, and for the command, I've selected "M".

Likewise for the backslash, I've selected the MCE Keyboard device and selected \ to the +/* key on the remote, then upload to the remote. It doesn't work. If I select the FLIRC device, there are no codes for what I need to do. I'm obviously missing something important but I can't figure out what it is.

Thanks in advance.
(2016-04-14, 00:51)DXer Wrote: Hi all,
I'm still having an impossible time getting this to work and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I have an activity created, which I renamed to HTPC.

I have an FLIRC device that interprets MOST of my commands to Kodi but there are three that I need that I cannot figure out how to send to the remote. One is "\" (backslash), the second is "M" and the third is the startup (Control+Alt+Shift+Z). I had this all set up years ago but the profile got erased. Now I forget how to re-add it. Everything else is working fine except those three commands.

I've been at it for days and just can't figure out what's wrong. Say I want to map "M" in (OSD Player controls) to the "REC" key on my Harmony remote. In "customize buttons", beside "Record" I have selected the MCE Keyboard, and for the command, I've selected "M".

Likewise for the backslash, I've selected the MCE Keyboard device and selected \ to the +/* key on the remote, then upload to the remote. It doesn't work. If I select the FLIRC device, there are no codes for what I need to do. I'm obviously missing something important but I can't figure out what it is.

Thanks in advance.

What about the Flirc software? Can't you teach it commands from your keyboard?

I think you are supposed to add Flirc as a device and use the Flirc software to add additional commands. Or, you can take any command for the Flirc device in the Harmony database and change its function through a keyboard.xml.

Manufacturer: Flirc
Model: Kodi

Map your commands and use keyboard.xml to change any command into a custom one. The Flirc software is supposed to replace the need to use a keyboard.xml.
I am not 100% the settings below are correct as far as "making sure the Microsoft Media Player" is permanently set to OFF and therefore does NOT turn on the PC, while at the same time the "Media Center PC SE" is set to allow it to have Power Control to be able to TURN ON the PC (because I am aware that to have BOTH the Microsoft Media Player AND the Media Center PCSE set to be able to turn ON and OFF the PC is NOT GOOD!!!)

The above issue is all that I care about at this point.

So, here are the steps that I took so far:

After adding the following DEVICES to the Myharmony.com account:

Media Center PC SE
Microsoft Media Player
JVC RS4910 Projector
Denon X4100w

I then went in and created the CUSTOM activity:

Then I selected an Activity Name. I named mine Kodi:

Then I selected my four devices in my system:

Choose "No input" for your MEDIA CENTER PC SE and your MICROSOFT MEDIA PLAYER

Then it asked me about which input my JVC Projector used:

Then it asked me about my JVC RS4910 as far as whether or not it "switched inputs" or "skipped unused inputs" I just took a guess and said "NO"

Then it asked me which input the Denon receiver used:

At this point it saved my Activity and Device data to the remote (THE REMOTE WAS PHYSICALLY CONNECTED VIA USB TO THE PC DURING THIS WHOLE TIME BY THE WAY)

Then it was time to "change" the DEVICE settings for the Windows Media Player. My goal here is program the Windows Media Player to NOT TURN ON when I use the POWER ON command to turn on the PC!!!!!!!!!! I chose the option: "I WANT TO TURN OFF THIS DEVICE WHEN NOT IN USE"
Is that the correct option that I want if I need to tell the [b]Windows Media Player to NOT turn on the PC when I press the Power ON button on the Harmony Remote?[/b]

CONTINUED ONTO THE NEXT POST...
Then it asked me "How do you turn ON and OFF your Windows Media Player?" I chose "I use the same button for ON AND OFF". Is that correct?

Then it sent me to this screen. I AM NOT EVEN SURE WHAT TO DO / SELECT HERE SO I JUST LEFT IT THE WAY IT WAS:

Then I SYNCHED everything again...

Here is my current LIST OF COMMANDS for my ACTIVITY.
I have not tried this yet with my Harmony Ultimate, but I am about to once I send this post to this thread, but as of right now, SOMETHING SEEMS
WRONG HERE because BOTH my Windows Media Player AND Media Center PC SE are set to POWER TOGGLE as you can see. Shouldn't the "Windows Media Player" NOT have the "Power Toggle" command since I don't want that to control the POWER ON and POWER OFF for the PCHuh I'll let you know what happens when I click on this ACTIVITY with the Harmony Ultimate.
UPDATE:

Everything works (ie everything TURNS ON) EXCEPT for the PC!!!!!!
Something is wrong with the PC Power on Toggle in my setup that I posted.
I went through the "troubleshooting" feature of my Harmony Ultimate where it asked you on the remote "Did all of your devices turn on correctly?" "Which device did not turn on correctly?" etc etc but that didn't fix it. I guess I will have fun trying to solve this problem unless someone posts the obvious thing I am doing wrong in my setup.

Also, just an FYI, I of course checked in my Device Manager under "Human Interface Devices" and the "eHome Receiver" is correctly displayed without any exclamation points or question marks.

And the IR Blaster (which I double checked is connected to the Harmony Ultimate Hub) goes right to the eHome Receiver, meaning that I have the IR Blaster right in front of the eHome Receiver.
Without confirming with the software in front of me, you should have only one device that has a power button at all. So delete all references to power on/off for the Microsoft Media Player. It doesn't need a power state (power toggle) and should not be set to power on.

Personally, I have used Windows Media Center SE to power the PC on and off from Sleep (S3). Replace MEDIA CENTER PC SE with:

Manufacturer: Microsoft
Model: Windows Media Center SE

Same button for power on and off; power toggle (with or without a delay); no input required.

Note: No need for all the images to solve this one, but thanks for the visuals.
(2016-04-24, 05:28)Warner306 Wrote: Without confirming with the software in front of me, you should have only one device that has a power button at all. So delete all references to power on/off for the Microsoft Media Player. It doesn't need a power state (power toggle) and should not be set to power on.

Personally, I have used Windows Media Center SE to power the PC on and off from Sleep (S3). Replace MEDIA CENTER PC SE with:

Manufacturer: Microsoft
Model: Windows Media Center SE

Same button for power on and off; power toggle (with or without a delay); no input required.

Note: No need for all the images to solve this one, but thanks for the visuals.

Thanks, but as per the image below, I believe that I have already chosen the manufacturer "Microsoft" Windows Media Center SE and not just "Windows Media Center SE", so do I still need to replace it because I think I already have what you are telling me to get.

Also, can you share how I can "remove the power toggle" from Windows Media Player?

• 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6