• 20(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
(2016-10-06, 15:28)thenetstriker Wrote: I've just received my Harmony Elite and configured it to work with Kodi and I also get the delay as shown in this video: https://youtu.be/qWAez8rwGLk

I've already tried to change the delay and number of repeats, but the delay was always the same.

Is there a way to lower this delay?
I had the same and you can connect the remote by bluetooth
(2016-10-06, 16:05)IIIdefconIII Wrote:
(2016-10-06, 15:28)thenetstriker Wrote: I've just received my Harmony Elite and configured it to work with Kodi and I also get the delay as shown in this video: https://youtu.be/qWAez8rwGLk

I've already tried to change the delay and number of repeats, but the delay was always the same.

Thanks for the quick reply. So there is a way to control kodi from the Harmony Hub using Bluetooth? Are there any tutorials on how to configure this?
(2016-10-06, 18:08)thenetstriker Wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. So there is a way to control kodi from the Harmony Hub using Bluetooth? Are there any tutorials on how to configure this?

Try another IR receiver. That delay does look excessive.
(2016-10-06, 19:34)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-10-06, 16:05)IIIdefconIII Wrote: I had the same and you can connect the remote by bluetooth

My Kodi runs on a Cubox-I mini computer which has a built in receiver. And I don't think that the receiver is the problem. Before I received my Harmony remote I controlled Kodi using a Sony remote. I had to add the hex commands manually, but the delay was much better.

I've also tried to connect Kodi over Bluetooth (In this case the Harmony Hub acts as a virtual Bluetooth keyboard) but for some reason I can only assign the four HIDDirection... commands. I also found a thread where the bluetooth connection is described, but they also mention that not every keyboard key can be mapped: http://www.howtogeek.com/246670/how-to-c...ny-remote/

Has anyone got the Bluetooth mapping to work?
(2016-10-06, 20:03)thenetstriker Wrote:
(2016-10-06, 19:34)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-10-06, 18:08)thenetstriker Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply. So there is a way to control kodi from the Harmony Hub using Bluetooth? Are there any tutorials on how to configure this?

My Kodi runs on a Cubox-I mini computer which has a built in receiver. And I don't think that the receiver is the problem. Before I received my Harmony remote I controlled Kodi using a Sony remote. I had to add the hex commands manually, but the delay was much better.

I've also tried to connect Kodi over Bluetooth (In this case the Harmony Hub acts as a virtual Bluetooth keyboard) but for some reason I can only assign the four HIDDirection... commands. I also found a thread where the bluetooth connection is described, but they also mention that not every keyboard key can be mapped: http://www.howtogeek.com/246670/how-to-c...ny-remote/

Has anyone got the Bluetooth mapping to work?

I got a fully explained guide over here

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239190

I also teach u how to make the extra buttons in this guide

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239190
Thanks for the links. I figured out how to configure the bluetooth keboard. I used this guide from Logitech: https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harm...-with-kodi

I also figured out a way to measure the delay. (I just recorded an audio file and measured the delay from the button click from the remote to the click from Kodi) Here are my results:

- The Bluetooth delay is just as much as the infrared delay. (about 500 ms)
- My Sony remote has a delay of 350 ms.
- I tried different delay and repeat settings and the default settings (400ms and 2 repeats) where the best. (chaning the miliseconds did not affect the delay, but the repeats)
- I also teached the Harmony one of the sony keys, but the delay was also 500ms.
- I tried if sending the keys directly from the remote (RemoteOnly) is faster, but it is even slower. (570ms)

I think there is no way to get to those 350ms from the Sony remote.
(2016-10-06, 21:51)thenetstriker Wrote: Thanks for the links. I figured out how to configure the bluetooth keboard. I used this guide from Logitech: https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harm...-with-kodi

I also figured out a way to measure the delay. (I just recorded an audio file and measured the delay from the button click from the remote to the click from Kodi) Here are my results:

- I tried different delay and repeat settings and the default settings (400ms and 2 repeats) where the best. (chaning the miliseconds did not affect the delay, but the repeats)
- I also teached the Harmony one of the sony keys, but the delay was also 500ms.
- I tried if sending the keys directly from the remote (RemoteOnly) is faster, but it is even slower. (570ms)

Again, I would consider trying a different IR receiver. The amount of lag will vary with receiver. I have an HP receiver that is very slow.
How to get 2 Kodi devices in the same room, both using RC6 commandset to not recognize remote control intended for the other device? I can program anything into a Harmony. Now I am using Microsoft Media Center PC (Windows Media Center SE).

I have a Kodi in a Raspberry and another in a NAS. NAS uses RC6 compatibile sensor. I would like to use RC6 IR receiver in the Raspberry also, but I need to make one of them different.

I can change definition of Raspberry into e.g. Philips RC-153 (Media center remote) but how to tell to the Kodi in a Raspberry it should recognize only Philips RC-153 and not Microsoft Media Center PC (Windows Media Center SE)?
(2016-10-06, 21:51)thenetstriker Wrote: Thanks for the links. I figured out how to configure the bluetooth keboard. I used this guide from Logitech: https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harm...-with-kodi

Can you use MCE Keyboard with Bluetooth?

Hey,

Just wanted to tag along, I've got the same problem. Havent got the same scientific method as you, but the remote that came with the reciever is definately very snappy in comparison. The delay is very noticable (i'm about 500ms myself), but the repeat is the worst.

Have tried with an IR reciever I bought, several Harmony's, and now with another IR reciever aswell. Same problem across the line unfortunately. Tried a Philips universial remote once, and it was fine. Unfortunately not as powerful as the Harmony. The IR reciever i'm using now is integrated in my new Intel NUC, running Windows 7 with latest drivers.

Did you get any further?
(2016-10-18, 21:30)Fredrick Wrote:

Hey,

Just wanted to tag along, I've got the same problem. Havent got the same scientific method as you, but the remote that came with the reciever is definately very snappy in comparison. The delay is very noticable (i'm about 500ms myself), but the repeat is the worst.

Have tried with an IR reciever I bought, several Harmony's, and now with another IR reciever aswell. Same problem across the line unfortunately. Tried a Philips universial remote once, and it was fine. Unfortunately not as powerful as the Harmony. The IR reciever i'm using now is integrated in my new Intel NUC, running Windows 7 with latest drivers.

Did you get any further?

Like said use bluetooth instead!
He just said the problem was the same.. I haven't tried it, but why bother if its the same lag?

I typically dislike workarounds like this, but if it worked I'd do it.

I made the same video as posted above, but with my setup to illustrate it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6bc4y55d4Y probably should have turned up the TV-volume

Hey,

Did you get any further?

I've now also tried if a Flirc adapter is faster, but it is even slower. (About +70ms)

I think the only solution would be that Logitech optimizes the delay via software update, or that they would release some sort of an keyboard emulation usb stick that receives the radio signal from the remote directly.

The bluetooth keyboard solution is also slower, so this is also no solution.
(2016-10-22, 13:05)thenetstriker Wrote:

Hey,

Did you get any further?

I've now also tried if a Flirc adapter is faster, but it is even slower. (About +70ms)

I think the only solution would be that Logitech optimizes the delay via software update, or that they would release some sort of an keyboard emulation usb stick that receives the radio signal from the remote directly.

The bluetooth keyboard solution is also slower, so this is also no solution.

you can setup the delay in logitech harmony software on pc/phone, 100% sure i saw this somewhere
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6