• 27(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
Hello. Could anyone share the keymap.xml file for the Harmony 650?
I have just bought a remote Inteset 422-3. With ir-USB cable. It is very nice and kodi works out of the box.
Very nice quality as well.
 =11ptInteset 4-in-1 Universal Backlit IR Learning Remote for use with Apple TV, Xbox One, Roku, Media Center/Kodi, Nvidia Shield, most Streamers & other A/V Devices [Electronics]
I have had my Harmony Ultimate controlling Kodi on my Windows 7 for years thanks to this epic thread that was created to help us all.

I had to create a new activity in addition to the one that I have used for years to control my Windows 7 PC (Kodi) and I never had problems
controlling the "directional" aspects of Kodi (ie the up/down/left/right) control of Kodi.  The response has always been immediate with regards
to my Harmony Ultimate controlling the direction of navigating movie lists, and the different places you can go in Kodi.

Then after I created the new activity (controlling my Verizon cable box), some weird stuff started to happen.

1. The issue I have had for at least a year with the Harmony Ultimate controlling my Lutron Grafik Eye light control, all of a sudden started working again!!!!
    This was after I have spent countless hours on the phone with Logitec, trying to fix the control of my Lutron Grafik Eye with the Harmony Ultimate.

2. The second weird thing after creating this new Verizon Cable box control Activity on the Harmony Ultimate, was that I lost complete directional control
    of Kodi with the Harmony Ultimate remote.  I had to go in a manually assign the directional functions of Kodi to the Left/right/up/down buttons on the Harmony Ultimate using
    "MyHarmony" app to configure everything. This new manual button assignment that I had to do myself is kind of slow and lagging compared to the way directional control  used
     be for a few years when I originally configured the Harmony Ultimate to control Kodi. The other thing missing is my fast forward/rewind buttons on the Harmony Ultimate not working
     now as well which I am about to assign manually to the Fast Forward/Rewind buttons.

Any ideas why I suddenly lost directional arrow control on Kodi?
(2019-03-03, 20:20)cvertu Wrote: Hello. Could anyone share the keymap.xml file for the Harmony 650?
 Did you read the guide? It shows how to map Kodi commands to the 650 using the Harmony software.
(2019-03-03, 21:35)HTFanatic Wrote: I have had my Harmony Ultimate controlling Kodi on my Windows 7 for years thanks to this epic thread that was created to help us all.

I had to create a new activity in addition to the one that I have used for years to control my Windows 7 PC (Kodi) and I never had problems
controlling the "directional" aspects of Kodi (ie the up/down/left/right) control of Kodi.  The response has always been immediate with regards
to my Harmony Ultimate controlling the direction of navigating movie lists, and the different places you can go in Kodi.

Then after I created the new activity (controlling my Verizon cable box), some weird stuff started to happen.

1. The issue I have had for at least a year with the Harmony Ultimate controlling my Lutron Grafik Eye light control, all of a sudden started working again!!!!
    This was after I have spent countless hours on the phone with Logitec, trying to fix the control of my Lutron Grafik Eye with the Harmony Ultimate.

2. The second weird thing after creating this new Verizon Cable box control Activity on the Harmony Ultimate, was that I lost complete directional control
    of Kodi with the Harmony Ultimate remote.  I had to go in a manually assign the directional functions of Kodi to the Left/right/up/down buttons on the Harmony Ultimate using
    "MyHarmony" app to configure everything. This new manual button assignment that I had to do myself is kind of slow and lagging compared to the way directional control  used
     be for a few years when I originally configured the Harmony Ultimate to control Kodi. The other thing missing is my fast forward/rewind buttons on the Harmony Ultimate not working
     now as well which I am about to assign manually to the Fast Forward/Rewind buttons.

Any ideas why I suddenly lost directional arrow control on Kodi?
 Do you remember what devices you started with when you first created the Kodi activity? Maybe you are now using a different device. I am using Windows Media Center SE for the directional controls. If you have the Harmony Hub, perhaps you were using Bluetooth keyboard pairing?
(2019-03-04, 16:27)Warner306 Wrote:
(2019-03-03, 20:20)cvertu Wrote: Hello. Could anyone share the keymap.xml file for the Harmony 650?
 Did you read the guide? It shows how to map Kodi commands to the 650 using the Harmony software. 
Well yes I did see the basic command list in the guide, yet I am not knowledgeable enough to turn those commands into meaningful code lines in an xml file.
What commands do you want that aren't provided in the keymap found in the guide? There are also some instructions there on how to format a keyboard.xml. You shouldn't need that many commands if you use the default keymap provided. It covers all of the important basics.
What is the best remote that you can buy now 4 years after the thread was started?  Are all of the options limited to buying used on ebay or amazon now?  Nothing new seems to be available anywhere.  And a lot of times they're selling a remote without an IR receiver even though I want to use a Harmony so I don't even need a remote.  It's not even clear all the time if the IR receiver is included.
I think I'd like to know the answer myself. I only have experience with one of the HP IR receivers and a VRC-1100. The VRC is much harder to configure, but appears to have lower latency. I don't know that I would avoid buying an eHome IR receiver in the future, though.

I think I am most curious about the Rosewill RRC-126 / RHRC-11002 because of its form factor.
You can still find RC6 receivers on eBay and Amazon. If your remote is universal model like the old Harmony series 650, 700, One..., or the new Harmony remotes that still use IR.

With RC6 receivers you can be sure it is going to like eHome receivers on Windows, or Linux.
Is it ok if I have both the Media Center PC SE  and the Microsoft Media Player assigned to the directional controls (NOW) for both "Long Press" and "Short Press (both)
for my Kodi ActivityHuh

The problem is that the "fast scrolling feature" of Kodi does not work.

I used to be able to just hold down either the "Up" or "Down" Directional buttons while scrolling through content and it would scroll at light speed through them.

Now, it responds with only one click at a time (one button press).

Now, if I hold down the Up or Down directional buttons, there is no response.  Kodi now makes me have to keep manually clicking up or down.
Forgive my naive question, I'm self-taught everything IT. What about Harmony 350? It has one activity, and maybe I don't need more. 650 display eats battery up and (probably) is a little bigger. Here is how I see it:

One activity is set to Kodi.

To start PC+TV for news and weather (Kodi news/weather apps are not what I want):
1) PC/Cable button starts PC.
2) One button starts TV (the input on TV is always set to PC, I don't use cable TV or DVD).
3) One button starts Firefox browser.

From there it gets more stupid - I grab my ancient Gyration RF remote to click on the chosen page in Favorites and navigate the page. Old Gyration is programmable (sort of), I'm using it in Kodi but due to its age some buttons no longer accept mapping/programming.

Or another way to start PC+TV for news/weather:
1) Start the activity - Kodi.
2) Exit Kodi or start Firefox without exiting Kodi (should be possible, no?)
3) Turn audio receiver off, though not really necessary. In the end it will be shut down together with Kodi activity.

Hm... Now that I've typed all this, getting a multi-activity 650 does sound easier.  Might still need RF air mouse to navigate the page.
A one activity remote works if you have one activity -- running a PC with Kodi and/or any other PC-related activities.

The activity will turn on all of the necessary components in one press. The rest of the buttons on the remote can be mapped to keyboard commands. This can include launching Firefox from the Taskbar or running Kodi.
Thanks! I've bookmarked this thread and saved/downloaded 1st page, just in case. 

To continue on 350 - what about those 4 buttons on top, ex. DVD/Music? Are they for single device each, i.e. DVD or CD (without TV or receiver? this would be odd)

Also, did I get it right: Ehome vs non-Ehome is about the firmware stored in the IR USB "stick", while the handheld unit itself is less important?
I'm not familiar with the 350, but I would assume those are activity buttons. I don't think any Harmony remote limits you to one activity. Once you choose an activity, you are free to map any button on the remote face to control any of the devices included in that activity.

The IR receiver type (eHome vs. Non-eHome) dictates the drivers that are installed. The eHome receivers allow for a wider range of commands to be mapped to a remote because the available devices in the Harmony software offer a larger selection of commands. Although, any Harmony remote can be programmed to control any IR receiver stored in its database.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6