• 12(current)
Hellowlol HTPC-Manager fork support thread
Brick 
Hi,

I'm a n00b to HTPC, but I'm absolutely in love with it! It has already solved a bunch of "management" challenges I have with my ever growing home media server project...

That said, I've got two questions that I was hoping that someone might be able to help answer.

I'm running HTPC on a Mac Mini (Late 2013) under OS X 10.10.5

1) I'm having a problem with Smartmontools. They run fine from the command line, but in HTPC, I get an error when the server starts...

Code:
2015-08-31 14:07:46 :: modules.stats :: ERROR :: 'Darwin'

...and in the dashboard, I'm getting a "S.M.A.R.T not correctly configured." error in the S.M.A.R.T panel. Not the most explanatory error, but like I said, running smartctl -a disk0s3 works a-ok.

Yes, I'm running Python as root.

2) Here's something more odd... All of the images that HTPC generates are throwing a 500 error. And i've got no clue how to trouble shoot this. Here's the error in the log. Looks like there's a filename extension being left off somehwere... (The images being generated are, intact, valid images!)

Code:
2015-08-31 15:18:47 :: cherrypy.error.4431219664 :: ERROR :: [31/Aug/2015:15:18:47] HTTP
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/HTPCManager/libs/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 670, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/Applications/HTPCManager/libs/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 217, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Applications/HTPCManager/libs/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 61, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/Applications/HTPCManager/modules/headphones.py", line 64, in GetThumb
    return get_image(url, h, w, o)
  File "/Applications/HTPCManager/htpc/helpers.py", line 78, in get_image
    image = resize_image(image, height, width, opacity, mode, resized)
  File "/Applications/HTPCManager/htpc/helpers.py", line 241, in resize_image
    im = Image.open(img)
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 2330, in open
    % (filename if filename else fp))
IOError: cannot identify image file '/Applications/HTPCManager/userdata/images/2a70d8200e794030ad8805705e809af8'

3) On the stats page, the Hardware Info tab is blank. Assuming it's an OS X specific thing that might not be supported, but figured I'd ask! Smile

ANYWAY, thanks for any advice that anyone's got.
(2015-09-01, 16:37)EmilGH Wrote: Hi,

I'm a n00b to HTPC, but I'm absolutely in love with it! It has already solved a bunch of "management" challenges I have with my ever growing home media server project...

That said, I've got two questions that I was hoping that someone might be able to help answer.

I'm running HTPC on a Mac Mini (Late 2013) under OS X 10.10.5

1) I'm having a problem with Smartmontools. They run fine from the command line, but in HTPC, I get an error when the server starts...

Code:
2015-08-31 14:07:46 :: modules.stats :: ERROR :: 'Darwin'

...and in the dashboard, I'm getting a "S.M.A.R.T not correctly configured." error in the S.M.A.R.T panel. Not the most explanatory error, but like I said, running smartctl -a disk0s3 works a-ok.

Yes, I'm running Python as root.

2) Here's something more odd... All of the images that HTPC generates are throwing a 500 error. And i've got no clue how to trouble shoot this. Here's the error in the log. Looks like there's a filename extension being left off somehwere... (The images being generated are, intact, valid images!)

Code:
2015-08-31 15:18:47 :: cherrypy.error.4431219664 :: ERROR :: [31/Aug/2015:15:18:47] HTTP
  File "/Applications/HTPCManager/libs/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 670, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/Applications/HTPCManager/libs/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 217, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Applications/HTPCManager/libs/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 61, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/Applications/HTPCManager/modules/headphones.py", line 64, in GetThumb
    return get_image(url, h, w, o)
  File "/Applications/HTPCManager/htpc/helpers.py", line 78, in get_image
    image = resize_image(image, height, width, opacity, mode, resized)
  File "/Applications/HTPCManager/htpc/helpers.py", line 241, in resize_image
    im = Image.open(img)
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 2330, in open
IOError: cannot identify image file '/Applications/HTPCManager/userdata/images/2a70d8200e794030ad8805705e809af8'

3) On the stats page, the Hardware Info tab is blank. Assuming it's an OS X specific thing that might not be supported, but figured I'd ask! Smile

ANYWAY, thanks for any advice that anyone's got.

1. I have never tested the smart function in OS X, but I'm sure I would had complaints if it didn't work. Need debug log.

Try to open the image hash in a picture program and verify that that image is ok, if it isn't try to delete it, if that don't work:

Enable debug log in the settings page, wipe the cache, delete the log and restart htpc manager. Upload the log to to pastebin and add a link here.

3. I don't think open hardware monitor support OS X (htpc manager fetches the hardware info from there)
Thanks for the reply.

Here's the debug log for the SMART issue: http://pastebin.com/USGy9PvM Started Htpc.py Logged in. Hit the Smart page. Shut down the server.

You'll note the following line in the log...

Code:
2015-09-01 11:08:17 :: modules.stats :: ERROR :: 'Darwin'

...(more or less) matches the error in the second screen shot:

- Dashboard Screen Shot: http://d.pr/i/1hlcz

- Smart tab on Info page Screen Shot: http://d.pr/i/1lJQM

As for images, I'm really stumped. Here's the log of starting Htpc.py, going to the Plex page and pulling up some details of a title. - http://pastebin.com/5wsXTqRk

And some screen shots

- Plex Page: http://d.pr/i/1kHXH

- Title Detail: http://d.pr/i/1aCW8

- 500 from CherryPy when trying to open the image that's not loading on the Title Detail in the browser: http://d.pr/i/T1Ai

The image that's not loading in the Title Detail screen exists on the server. It's a valid image. File name is 63729f54e67c4db72e7f1a5e13ff6b9f. It does not have an extension. It's a valid jpeg. Something happening between the file system and serving the image... You can get a copy of the image here: http://d.pr/f/10WW4

The URL that the server is using to pull the image is:

Code:
http://mela-argento.silverskybox.com:8085/plex/GetThumb?w=375&h=563&thumb=%2Flibrary%2Fmetadata%2F3039%2Fthumb%2F1429769165

Thanks for any help you've got!
Let's start with the images, have you installed pil or pillow? If It's pil uninstall it and install Pillow. It don't matter if it has a extension or not.
Pillow. And I'm sure it's working as PlexConnect is using it well. And the styxit branch HTPC is processing images.
(2015-09-01, 18:34)EmilGH Wrote: Pillow. And I'm sure it's working as PlexConnect is using it well. And the styxit branch HTPC is processing images.

Can you try to run this script gist

It doesnt seem that the wrapper i use for smart support osx. What smartmontools version have you installed?
Got it. Ran it. Here's the output:

Code:
emil@mela-argento [ /Applications/HTPCManager ]$ sudo python lame_pil_test.py
imported image #PIL
  File "lame_pil_test.py", line 13, in <module>
    im = Image.open(fp)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 2330, in open
IOError: cannot identify image file '/Applications/HTPCManager/userdata/images/b130c2be18a6e67879b74e7b67b3ab5b'

The image is there. It's a valid .jpg. Here's a link to the file you ran the test on: http://d.pr/f/hiyv

As for smartmontools, version is 6.4 installed via Brew.
(2015-09-01, 21:30)EmilGH Wrote: Got it. Ran it. Here's the output:

Code:
emil@mela-argento [ /Applications/HTPCManager ]$ sudo python lame_pil_test.py
imported image #PIL
  File "lame_pil_test.py", line 13, in <module>
    im = Image.open(fp)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 2330, in open
IOError: cannot identify image file '/Applications/HTPCManager/userdata/images/b130c2be18a6e67879b74e7b67b3ab5b'

The image is there. It's a valid .jpg. Here's a link to the file you ran the test on: http://d.pr/f/hiyv

As for smartmontools, version is 6.4 installed via Brew.

Wtf..
Can you join irc #hmf @ freenode?
(2015-09-01, 21:43)hellow Wrote: Wtf..
Can you join irc #hmf @ freenode?

Yep... On my way!
(2015-09-01, 14:46)hellow Wrote: I have done 30ish feature requests since i forked the repo, but the damn list just keeps growing...

So If there is anybody out there that think htpc manager is kewl and know some basic html, jquery, python (you dont need to know all, some requests are really easy and only require 1 "skill") feel free to send a pr regarding any request you find interesting!

If you stuck ill help you as much as i can.

Yeah, it's a good and a bad thing, good because everyone like it and wants to get it better and better and bad because you are the one trying to do it all.
I definitely will take a look to the requests and try to help in anything I can
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Hey Hellow, were you going to try and blacklist any CPU process that showed a "N/A%" value?
(2015-09-02, 05:33)reaven Wrote:
(2015-09-01, 14:46)hellow Wrote: I have done 30ish feature requests since i forked the repo, but the damn list just keeps growing...

So If there is anybody out there that think htpc manager is kewl and know some basic html, jquery, python (you dont need to know all, some requests are really easy and only require 1 "skill") feel free to send a pr regarding any request you find interesting!

If you stuck ill help you as much as i can.

Yeah, it's a good and a bad thing, good because everyone like it and wants to get it better and better and bad because you are the one trying to do it all.
I definitely will take a look to the requests and try to help in anything I can

If you ever get Smartmontools working please tell me what you did to get it working. I'm running a Late 2012 mini and would like to get that portion running.
(2015-09-02, 07:02)madvtak Wrote: Hey Hellow, were you going to try and blacklist any CPU process that showed a "N/A%" value?

I don't think so.. Is it still a issue?
(2015-09-02, 09:05)hellow Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 07:02)madvtak Wrote: Hey Hellow, were you going to try and blacklist any CPU process that showed a "N/A%" value?

Yep, when i sort it still sorts N/A% and then show which ever process is using the CPU. Is there a way to ignore N/A%?
(2015-09-02, 09:38)madvtak Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 09:05)hellow Wrote:

Yep, when i sort it still sorts N/A% and then show which ever process is using the CPU. Is there a way to ignore N/A%?

I'm sure it is, I had to change the parser for it to work on filesizes. The wrapper we use for smart don't support OS X. I'll see if I can fix that too
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hellowlol HTPC-Manager fork support thread2