• 5(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
(2015-05-21, 15:42)raul.orozco Wrote: Warner306, I've run the 10 bit test with my brand new OLED TV (LG 55EC930V) and to my eyes, the TV can support 10 bits. I can perfectly see that banding goes away in the pattern image when 10 bit, FSE and Direct3D 11 are on. In this context, should I then set Dither to None going forward?

My GPU is a modest Nvidia GTS 730 that supports up to Jinc 3 - AR for both Chroma and Luma scaling without throwing frames, but only for non-interlaced content, which by the way is the big majority of my video library. Rendering times are around 30-32 ms with this set-up.

Thanks a lot !!!

No, you will still want dithering. All madVR processing is done at 16-bits. It still has to dither the result to 10-bits. You can get away with using Ordered dithering, though, to save processing power because any dithering pattern will be minimized by the higher bit depth.
(2015-05-21, 18:25)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-05-21, 15:42)raul.orozco Wrote: Warner306, I've run the 10 bit test with my brand new OLED TV (LG 55EC930V) and to my eyes, the TV can support 10 bits. I can perfectly see that banding goes away in the pattern image when 10 bit, FSE and Direct3D 11 are on. In this context, should I then set Dither to None going forward?

My GPU is a modest Nvidia GTS 730 that supports up to Jinc 3 - AR for both Chroma and Luma scaling without throwing frames, but only for non-interlaced content, which by the way is the big majority of my video library. Rendering times are around 30-32 ms with this set-up.

Thanks a lot !!!

No, you will still want dithering. All madVR processing is done at 16-bits. It still has to dither the result to 10-bits. You can get away with using Ordered dithering, though, to save processing power because any dithering pattern will be minimized by the higher bit depth.
Thanks a lot Wink
I've followed this guide to get MADVR installed, but when I try to play a video, I get a black screen for a split second before it goes back to the menu. Choosing any filter other than MADVR makes nothing happen at all when I try and play a video. If I disable DS player, videos play. Any ideas?
(2015-05-24, 04:27)fireaza Wrote: I've followed this guide to get MADVR installed, but when I try to play a video, I get a black screen for a split second before it goes back to the menu. Choosing any filter other than MADVR makes nothing happen at all when I try and play a video. If I disable DS player, videos play. Any ideas?

It sounds like you failed to install the Starter Kit correctly. I would also make sure the system filters checkbox is unchecked. After that, XySubFilter might have been installed incorrectly.
Okay, reinstalling those packs got the video playing, thanks! However, videos play really slowly, it seems like I need to lower the settings on MADVR or something. I would have thought my GTX 570 would have been able to handle this, I had no issues with the filters I was using with MediaPortal anyway. Video also seem to play fine with I play them with MPC.

Aside from that, I've got an issue where I'm getting a black screen after I stop the video. I've got fullscreen exclusive mode disabled and Kodi is handling refresh rate changes. Any clues? I'd like to change MADVR's settings in Kodi, but I can't work out what button brings up this menu! Pressing the info button on my remote brings up the info, audio, subtitles etc menu, but no MADVR settings!
I followed the guide and have everything set up and working fine, except for one thing: when watching 1080i content using forced film mode/IVTC, Kodi is not switching my output refresh rate to 24p, as MPC-HC/MadVR does when watching same content. It stays in 60p.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this?
(2015-05-27, 14:40)fireaza Wrote: Okay, reinstalling those packs got the video playing, thanks! However, videos play really slowly, it seems like I need to lower the settings on MADVR or something. I would have thought my GTX 570 would have been able to handle this, I had no issues with the filters I was using with MediaPortal anyway. Video also seem to play fine with I play them with MPC.

Aside from that, I've got an issue where I'm getting a black screen after I stop the video. I've got fullscreen exclusive mode disabled and Kodi is handling refresh rate changes. Any clues? I'd like to change MADVR's settings in Kodi, but I can't work out what button brings up this menu! Pressing the info button on my remote brings up the info, audio, subtitles etc menu, but no MADVR settings!

Your madVR settings must be under the rendering queue. Rendering stats are accessed by pressing Cntrl + J. madVR will stress any graphics card with the right settings.

The madVR settings menu is accessed through Video Settings during fullscreen playback when the madVR menu is enabled in DSPlayer settings.

This is all covered in the guide.

The issue with a black screen could be more serious. Other members are experiencing this issue. You could wait for the next stable build to be released or contribute debug logs to the DSPlayer forum. For now, I would try enabling Fullscreen exclusive mode and see if that improves the situation. Read the last few pages of the main forum for updates on this issue.
(2015-05-27, 22:00)JeffA Wrote: I followed the guide and have everything set up and working fine, except for one thing: when watching 1080i content using forced film mode/IVTC, Kodi is not switching my output refresh rate to 24p, as MPC-HC/MadVR does when watching same content. It stays in 60p.

Try enabling refresh rate switching in madVR. That way, both Kodi and madVR would be set to switch to the correct resolution.

You might want to contribute debug logs if this behavior is bothersome. Instructions on how to do so are provided in the last section of the guide. It sounds like something that should be fixed. However, there are a couple of other bugs that are getting priority right now.
(2015-05-27, 22:23)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 22:00)JeffA Wrote: I followed the guide and have everything set up and working fine, except for one thing: when watching 1080i content using forced film mode/IVTC, Kodi is not switching my output refresh rate to 24p, as MPC-HC/MadVR does when watching same content. It stays in 60p.

Try enabling refresh rate switching in madVR. That way, both Kodi and madVR would be set to switch to the correct resolution.

You might want to contribute debug logs if this behavior is bothersome. Instructions on how to do so are provided in the last section of the guide. It sounds like something that should be fixed. However, there are a couple of other bugs that are getting priority right now.

Ok, I'll give it a try with refresh switching enabled in both Kodi AND MadVR. If that doesn't work I'll share a debug log.

Thanks for all your work on this and other than this minor issue w/ 1080i content, it's already a big improvement in my HTPC experience!
(2015-05-27, 22:20)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 14:40)fireaza Wrote: Okay, reinstalling those packs got the video playing, thanks! However, videos play really slowly, it seems like I need to lower the settings on MADVR or something. I would have thought my GTX 570 would have been able to handle this, I had no issues with the filters I was using with MediaPortal anyway. Video also seem to play fine with I play them with MPC.

Your madVR settings must be under the rendering queue. Rendering stats are accessed by pressing Cntrl + J. madVR will stress any graphics card with the right settings.

The madVR settings menu is accessed through Video Settings during fullscreen playback when the madVR menu is enabled in DSPlayer settings.

The issue with a black screen could be more serious. Other members are experiencing this issue. You could wait for the next stable build to be released or contribute debug logs to the DSPlayer forum. For now, I would try enabling Fullscreen exclusive mode and see if that improves the situation. Read the last few pages of the main forum for updates on this issue.
Hmmm, for some weird reason, the black screen issue has gone away, it's working normally when I stop playback now. MADVR seems to still be enabled even when DSPlayer is disabled, so I'm not sure if this is related. Still need to change the settings though, but when I open up Kodi's Video Settings the menu looks the same as it does when a video isn't playing. Where am I going wrong?

*EDIT* Enabled exclusive mode and now the framerate seems fine! Only 6 or so dropped frames.
(2015-05-27, 22:23)Warner306 Wrote:

That seems to have done the trick - it's now switching correctly to 24p output. Thanks!

I'm also getting lots of cadence breaks and dropped frames when doing IVTC on HDTV 1080i content, but that's probably a MadVR problem.

In other news, I was intermittently having the black screen problem when stopping playback, and for now it seems like setting Kodi to run in a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen solved the problem.
(2015-05-28, 14:07)fireaza Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 22:20)Warner306 Wrote:

Hmmm, for some weird reason, the black screen issue has gone away, it's working normally when I stop playback now. MADVR seems to still be enabled even when DSPlayer is disabled, so I'm not sure if this is related. Still need to change the settings though, but when I open up Kodi's Video Settings the menu looks the same as it does when a video isn't playing. Where am I going wrong?

*EDIT* Enabled exclusive mode and now the framerate seems fine! Only 6 or so dropped frames.

The settings I'm referring to are found via the Player Controls (Enter -> Video Settings). The madVR Kodi gui must be enabled.

You will always have some dropped frames when playback is initiated. This counter should not increase during playback.
(2015-05-28, 20:10)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 14:07)fireaza Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 22:20)Warner306 Wrote: Your madVR settings must be under the rendering queue. Rendering stats are accessed by pressing Cntrl + J. madVR will stress any graphics card with the right settings.

The settings I'm referring to are found via the Player Controls (Enter -> Video Settings). The madVR Kodi gui must be enabled.

You will always have some dropped frames when playback is initiated. This counter should not increase during playback.
Ah, I've seen this menu before, but I guess I wasn't selecting the right icon. I think I found it thanks. I've setup MADVR via Windows instead, I now have profiles for different resolutions, everything looks nice!
Hello,

I just prepared a new HTPC when knowing about DSplayer and SVP. After trying almost everything to make my DSplayer working I come to you looking for some help:

Here is my log file

http://pastebin.com/UKhEB9f2

The issue I have is that Videos or Movies dont play at all with DsPlayer, with the standard DVDPlayer everything works perfect. I used the default starter kit xml files.¨¨

Thanks a lot
(2015-05-31, 23:06)rggomez Wrote: Hello,

I just prepared a new HTPC when knowing about DSplayer and SVP. After trying almost everything to make my DSplayer working I come to you looking for some help:

Here is my log file

http://pastebin.com/UKhEB9f2

The issue I have is that Videos or Movies dont play at all with DsPlayer, with the standard DVDPlayer everything works perfect. I used the default starter kit xml files.¨¨

Thanks a lot

This error sticks out:

22:53:48 T:3636 ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Failed to create filter "xysubfilter"

Try reinstalling XySubFilter 32-bit.

There are a couple of other errors that I am not familiar with. Paste this log in the main forum for further help.

Did you follow the troubleshooting tips in the last section?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7