• 34(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
Hello,

I cant put the subs on black bars using madvr. They always stay behind black bars. I did everything but i cant!
Anyone can help me?
With MPC-HC with madvr it works well, staying the bottom on the image on black bars.

any help its helpful.

Best regards
(2018-04-18, 19:12)Xin0 Wrote: Hello,

I cant put the subs on black bars using madvr. They always stay behind black bars. I did everything but i cant!
Anyone can help me?
With MPC-HC with madvr it works well, staying the bottom on the image on black bars.

any help its helpful.

Best regards
Switch video decoding from D3D11 Native to DXVA2 (copy-back). This probably won't fix your problem, but copy-back is the only way to get proper black bar detection with madVR.

If that doesn't work, try another subtitle renderer. There is xy-VSFilter and AssFilterMod. I'm not sure if AssFilterMod is compatible with DSPlayer, but it's out there.

Add the subtitle filter as an "extra filter" in DSPlayer.
I am new to kodi and installed the kodi-17.5-Krypton_DSPlayer-x64.exe build on Windows 10. Works great for everything I want to play using dsplayer as default player except 3d.

I want to use dsplayer for 2d playback and mpc-be for 3d playback.

I setup the following playercorefactory.xml file:

<playercorefactory>
 <players>
<player name="MPC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
       <filename>C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Play3D.bat</filename>
       <args>"{1}"</args>
       <hidekodi>true</hidekodi>
       <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
       <forceontop>false</forceontop>
       <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>
    </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
  <rule filename="*.iso|*3D.*" player="MPC"/>
 </rules>
</playercorefactory>

All my isos are 3d and my 3d mkvs are named "*3d.mkv"

Now 3d playback with mpc-be works fine. But Kodi now uses mpc-be playback for playing back everything.

How do I setup my configuration for dsplayer for 2d and mpc-be for 3d?

Thanks!
I'm not an expert on playercorefactory.xmls. You should try asking Brazen here.

Maybe you need an </rule> in there? Your rule is not being interpreted correctly.
OP asked in two places.  I answered in your thread here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2728205
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Quick question, is it possible to update the internal LAV filters to their latest versions? Or would I need to install them separately and configure them as external filters in DSPlayer?
(2018-04-24, 09:33)RBBT Wrote: Quick question, is it possible to update the internal LAV filters to their latest versions? Or would I need to install them separately and configure them as external filters in DSPlayer?
 Download and install LAV Filters. Take the appropriate install files (x86 or x64) and replace the ones in the DSPlayer directory.
When did the developer announce he was stepping away from the project?

I am looking at getting set up with a media player for my new HTPC and really want to use madVR etc natively, Emby has recently dropped support and I only just found out DSplayer in Kodi is an option, but I don't want to put too much effort into getting everything set up as I need it only to lose it when it becomes unsupported.

Thanks for the guide though it's very in-depth and if I do go this route will be very very useful!
(2018-04-30, 13:32)Jonatron Wrote: When did the developer announce he was stepping away from the project?

I am looking at getting set up with a media player for my new HTPC and really want to use madVR etc natively, Emby has recently dropped support and I only just found out DSplayer in Kodi is an option, but I don't want to put too much effort into getting everything set up as I need it only to lose it when it becomes unsupported.

Thanks for the guide though it's very in-depth and if I do go this route will be very very useful!
 He left a couple of years ago. He has stopped by to provide updated builds with each new release of Kodi even though he is no longer actively developing the player. Those new releases usually include new features and bug fixes based on his personal use of DSPlayer. It is unknown if he will provide another update for v18 because he does not stay in contact with the forums. aracnoz has never released a build earlier than a Beta, and most likely, we won't see anything until v18 Final. It may be possible for someone with GitHub experience to compile a new version for v18 without adding any new features to the player. This would suffice for the next year or so as DSPlayer doesn't need any new features.

I got two years out of Jarvis 16.1 and expect to get another two years out of 17.6 if it comes to that. There are many users currently on 17.6, so it is not like DSPlayer is useless. It is just stuck at 17.6 until further notice. Kodi v18 is just an incremental upgrade for Windows users, so you are not losing any support, just a handful of features that you may or may not use. Old Kodi builds will always work as intended just like when they were released. Addon support is the biggest issue. In two years, you may find 5-10% of your addons are no longer supported. For me, after two years, I lost support for 3 addons out of 88. You have to weigh what Kodi provides versus other front-ends. You can also use external players with regular Kodi, if you want to do that.
What is going on here? I'm getting strange tint in all the 4K files that I try to play either via Kodi or MPC-HC. If I stop the playback everything goes back to normal. Also, this issue is not resent in 1080p files. 

My output device is a JVC projector that automatically switches to HDR mode when the 4k content is played so I'm guessing that it has something to with MadVR or GeForce settings (using Nvidia 1050 card). 

Somebody please help. This is driving me mad. I have done a fresh install of Windows 10 64 bit. I am using a Nvidia 1050Ti, I have installed the latest drivers, Kodi DSPlayer 17.6 and MadVR. I have successfully got my TV accepting an HDR signal.

So my problem is I cannot get any films whether 1080p24 or UHD to play full screen. They always appear in a little window if they are 1080p24 or in an offset window if they are UHD. I have adjust display refresh rate in Kodi set on. Do I therefore disable it in MadVR. I am losing the will to carry on.
Yeah that's what I had to do leave it enabled in kodi and disable it in MadVR worked for me
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

(2018-07-01, 14:11)wints Wrote: Yeah that's what I had to do leave it enabled in kodi and disable it in MadVR worked for me
 Nope, did not work. I bet its a simple fix, just no idea though.
Just installed Leia and no problems with the resolution switching. But obviously no HDR.
I give up. I just cannot get this setup to work. I've tried a clean install , followed the guides and nothing will work. If I install Kodi 17.6 with no DSPlayer or MadVR my 1080p24 movies play correctly.

I just cannot get the movies to play full screen using DSPlayer and MadVR. Unless somebody has any idea what is going? Also HDR switching does not work.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7