• 23(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Hi,

I'm new to DSPlayer. I was using external player MPC-BE with "Kaz Config".
Having found out about DSPlayer, I managed to use it and use the same filters I was using, so I'm very statisfied.

A problem though, I can't launch DVD structures (IFO files) with DSPlayer.

I have this in my filtersconfig.xml :
Code:
<filter name="dvdnavigator" type="source">
            <osdname>dvdnavigator</osdname>
            <guid>{9B8C4620-2C1A-11D0-8493-00A02438AD48}</guid>
        </filter>
And have this in my mediasconfig.xml :
Code:
<rule filetypes="ifo">
            <source filter="dvdnavigator" />
            <splitter filter="dvdnavigator" />
            <video filter="lavvideo" />
            <audio filter="lavaudio" />
            <extra>
                <extra filter="ffdshow_video_decoder" />
            </extra>
        </rule>

And i see this in my logs :
Code:
21:41:02 T:3500  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFile - DSPlayer: Opening: smb://NAS/ZePool/videos/dessins animes/Dora autour du monde/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO
21:41:02 T:3500  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - DSPlayer: Opening: smb://NAS/ZePool/videos/dessins animes/Dora autour du monde/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: Thread CDSPlayer thread start, auto delete: false
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::Process - Creating DS Graph
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "" to the graph
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "dvdnavigator" to the graph
21:41:02 T:3328   ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Failed loading dvd directory.
21:41:02 T:3328   ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
21:41:02 T:3328   ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
21:41:02 T:3328   ERROR: CDSPlayer::Process - Failed creating DS Graph
21:41:02 T:3500   ERROR: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - Exception thrown on open
21:41:02 T:3500   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [smb://NAS/ZePool/videos/dessins animes/Dora autour du monde/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO]

Can anybody help please?
(2015-04-26, 21:24)AppData Wrote: No, they're 32. I finally got it working with lav and madvr, I'm still lost on how to get SVP and ffdshow going. - if that's possible.

Can't help you there. I would use madVr's Smooth Motion in place of SVP. It should provide superior results.
(2015-04-26, 21:51)djoole Wrote: Hi,

I'm new to DSPlayer. I was using external player MPC-BE with "Kaz Config".
Having found out about DSPlayer, I managed to use it and use the same filters I was using, so I'm very statisfied.

A problem though, I can't launch DVD structures (IFO files) with DSPlayer.

I have this in my filtersconfig.xml :
Code:
<filter name="dvdnavigator" type="source">
            <osdname>dvdnavigator</osdname>
            <guid>{9B8C4620-2C1A-11D0-8493-00A02438AD48}</guid>
        </filter>
And have this in my mediasconfig.xml :
Code:
<rule filetypes="ifo">
            <source filter="dvdnavigator" />
            <splitter filter="dvdnavigator" />
            <video filter="lavvideo" />
            <audio filter="lavaudio" />
            <extra>
                <extra filter="ffdshow_video_decoder" />
            </extra>
        </rule>

And i see this in my logs :
Code:
21:41:02 T:3500  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFile - DSPlayer: Opening: smb://NAS/ZePool/videos/dessins animes/Dora autour du monde/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO
21:41:02 T:3500  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - DSPlayer: Opening: smb://NAS/ZePool/videos/dessins animes/Dora autour du monde/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: Thread CDSPlayer thread start, auto delete: false
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::Process - Creating DS Graph
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "" to the graph
21:41:02 T:3328  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "dvdnavigator" to the graph
21:41:02 T:3328   ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Failed loading dvd directory.
21:41:02 T:3328   ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
21:41:02 T:3328   ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
21:41:02 T:3328   ERROR: CDSPlayer::Process - Failed creating DS Graph
21:41:02 T:3500   ERROR: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - Exception thrown on open
21:41:02 T:3500   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [smb://NAS/ZePool/videos/dessins animes/Dora autour du monde/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO]

Can anybody help please?

The log says it doesn't like your source filter. Is it possible to use LAV Source with these files?
LAV Source isn't working for VIDEO_TS folders.
DVD Navigator should be though..
does anyone have a spare xml that allows the use of SVP? - if it's possible, that is
(2015-04-27, 08:05)AppData Wrote: does anyone have a spare xml that allows the use of SVP? - if it's possible, that is

Add FFDShow RAW (Not FFDShow Video Decoder) as extra filter would do the trick. You can do it from DSPlayer GUI.

Also you need to disable refresh rates change in both Kodi & madVR as well
(2015-04-26, 20:49)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-26, 16:40)XTrojan Wrote:
(2015-04-26, 16:21)Warner306 Wrote: I'm not sure. 24hz judder is always going to be present much like 3/2 pulldown. It is a myth that it is completely smooth because the framerate is quite low. But you may be describing something more serious. Try DVDPlayer (Context Menu -> Play Using). That would tell the story.

That audio delay makes it sound like your TV has a poor implementation of 24p playback. It is possible to have a delay but says bad things about the video lag created by your TV. I hope you are using Kodi to handle refresh rate changes and not madVR. I would try ReClock in this case, as it might improve the lip-sync issue in either bitstream or PCM playback. I have also discovered with my Samsung LED that 24p playback can be disappointing.

Sorry, I couldn't help wow you with the perfect A/V set-up. But, even with the best technology, compromises still exist and nothing is perfect. This is especially true with 24p playback.
I had same issue on DVDPlayer, it might be me being a perfectionist but i can notice it once per 5min or similar, what pisses me off is that Stereoscopic player doesn't have this issue at all.

I just tried reclock bitstreaming but with media correction on and playing at 24Hz, weirdly enough it seemed to fix some of the random judders without messing the audio up.

I have yet to watch a movie with this setup, but hoping it works.

Movie 23.976->24.000
Display->24.000
Lav Audio->A/V Sync on, bitstream on.

If this doesn't fix it then fuck it.

Well, I'm glad you made it to the end. The only upgrade that could be recommended is a TV with a superior implementation of 24hz playback. I have some judder as well but I don't find it that annoying.

In the movie theatres, the projector has a shutter that opens and closes at high speeds, which creates the illusion that the video is moving at a framerate close to 48hz than 24hz. On a fixed display like a television, there is no shutter.
I'm thinking of putting my GTX 970 into my HTPC, it'd be overkill for sure but doubling the refresh rate and upscaling to 4k is worth a try with that kind of GPU power.

i'm not sure if my i3-4360 would be enough (dual core 3.7GHz Haswell).

24P playback is annoying, in the end i wasn't able to fix it fully but it's kinda okay.
Thank you for combining madvr and kodi!
I have one minor issue. How do I restore original screen refresh rate after playback? Original refresh rate is 60 hz and when a movie is played, kodi changes it automatically to match the fresh rate of the movie. However, when I stop playback, refresh rate is still 24hz instead of 60hz. This results in intolerable tearing when browsing in kodi.

In madvr I have:
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
Think I read somewhere earlier in the thread that the current advice is to use kodi for 'refresh rate' changing duties.
Do you mean I should leave display nodes empty in madvr and enable "settings -> kodi -> videos -> playback -> adjust display resfesh rate to match video"?
Well, by doing that refresh rate do change back to original after playback, but this is not solution in my case since I want to set "adjust display refresh.." off. That's because I use cinema experience addon and dvdplayer to show trailers before main feature (i.e. movie) and I dont want that refresh rate is changed when trailers are shown by dvdplayer.

I have managed to change the refresh rate back to original when I use madvr as en external player. So I guess this is possible to do with dsplayer + madvr.
Current setup
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Yes that's what I believe is the current advice.

Not certain I'm completely following the process here, or what your trying to acheive, as I don't use the addon - care to flesh out the bones.

Are you looking for the refresh rate to remain constant, from trailer through main feature? but the actual process is that it cuts between trailer framerate, back to the desktop refresh rate, then back again to feature refresh (presumably 23.976)?
ok, I try to explain what Im trying to achieve. thank you for your help!

probably you know this already but cinema experience is an addon that shows certain video files before the main movie. Those files are typically trailers about upcoming movies. this gives visitors time to get set before movie starts. addon gives you feeling you are in a real cinema. I like it very much.

Unfortunately, every time my Samsung tv changes its refresh rate, it goes black for like a second and then it shows an annoying notification that refresh rate has been changed. This is something I certainly do not want to happen when trailers are shown. Usually there are several trailers and some of them are 50 or 60 fps and some 24 fps. This causes notification to appear between trailers and it breaks the flow and feeling of cinema experience.

To solve this problem, I use dvdplayer ("adjust refresh rate to match video" turned off) to show trailers and the main movie is shown by external player (mpc-hc + madvr). all trailers are shown at 60 hz thanks to dvdplayer so no refresh rate changing there. Main movie is shown in proper refresh rate thanks to mpc-hc that switch to the proper rate. I can tolerate that refresh rate notification appears once before the main movie because there's no way to prevent that happening. But i dont want that notification appears during trailers.

This is achievable when I use mpc-hc + madvr as an external player. When movie ends and mpc-hc is closed, refresh rate is changed back to original. But with dsplayer + madvr, refresh rate is not changed back to original.

Did this clarify my intentions at all Smile?
Current setup
(2015-04-27, 17:52)weirdinin Wrote: ok, I try to explain what Im trying to achieve. thank you for your help!

probably you know this already but cinema experience is an addon that shows certain video files before the main movie. Those files are typically trailers about upcoming movies. this gives visitors time to get set before movie starts. addon gives you feeling you are in a real cinema. I like it very much.

Unfortunately, every time my Samsung tv changes its refresh rate, it goes black for like a second and then it shows an annoying notification that refresh rate has been changed. This is something I certainly do not want to happen when trailers are shown. Usually there are several trailers and some of them are 50 or 60 fps and some 24 fps. This causes notification to appear between trailers and it breaks the flow and feeling of cinema experience.

To solve this problem, I use dvdplayer ("adjust refresh rate to match video" turned off) to show trailers and the main movie is shown by external player (mpc-hc + madvr). all trailers are shown at 60 hz thanks to dvdplayer so no refresh rate changing there. Main movie is shown in proper refresh rate thanks to mpc-hc that switch to the proper rate. I can tolerate that refresh rate notification appears once before the main movie because there's no way to prevent that happening. But i dont want that notification appears during trailers.

This is achievable when I use mpc-hc + madvr as an external player. When movie ends and mpc-hc is closed, refresh rate is changed back to original. But with dsplayer + madvr, refresh rate is not changed back to original.

Use MakeMKV and Rip the main audio + video and the subs you want, it'll shrink the movie by 20-50%.
(2015-04-27, 15:36)weirdinin Wrote: Thank you for combining madvr and kodi!
I have one minor issue. How do I restore original screen refresh rate after playback? Original refresh rate is 60 hz and when a movie is played, kodi changes it automatically to match the fresh rate of the movie. However, when I stop playback, refresh rate is still 24hz instead of 60hz. This results in intolerable tearing when browsing in kodi.

In madvr I have:

Choose "when media player leaves fullscreen" instead of the default setting. I had this same issue.
(2015-04-27, 17:52)weirdinin Wrote: ok, I try to explain what Im trying to achieve. thank you for your help!

I don't think DSPlayer is compatible with Cinema Experience. That would be most of your problem. I can't even get the trailers to play. Try disabling DSPlayer and use Cinema Experience with DVDPlayer. All of your problems will be gone.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47