• 62(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-07-21, 15:41)neeto33 Wrote: Hi,

Can anyone help with this - please??
I'm using the latest RC build from page one, followed the instruction to Warner's instructions (thank you!)

I've swapped my backend to TVHeadEnd running on linux as that uses rtps
Using DVDPlayer everything seems to work fine but not DSPLayer.

TVHeadEnd used RTPS to communication for pvr.
So I'm thinking it will work because RTPS is supported by DSPlayer.....right? nope.... SIGH

From log file snippet below you can see the creation of the filter graph is not working.
The message about "LoadFilterRules Extension "" not found." seems to offer some clue but not sure what that exactly means as there is a rule for rtps in the mediasconfig.xml file.

Snippet of log

23:13:23 T:5852 DEBUG: PVRFile - XFILE::CPVRFile::Open - playback has started on filename pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1970978686.pvr
23:13:23 T:5852 NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - DSPlayer: Opening:
23:13:23 T:5268 NOTICE: Thread CDSPlayer thread start, auto delete: false
23:13:23 T:5268 NOTICE: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess - Creating DS Graph
23:13:23 T:5268 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
23:13:23 T:5268 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
23:13:23 T:5268 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
23:13:23 T:5268 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
23:13:23 T:5268 NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
23:13:23 T:5268 DEBUG: CDSGraph::SetFile Successfully added XBMC to the Running Object Table
23:13:23 T:5268 ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Extension "" not found. Please check mediasconfig.xml
23:13:23 T:5268 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
23:13:23 T:5268 INFO: CDSGraph::SetFile Rendering file. Elapsed time: 0.16ms
23:13:23 T:5268 INFO: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess Loading file. Elapsed time: 24.55ms
23:13:23 T:5268 ERROR: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess - Failed creating DS Graph

Tvheadend HTSP PVR client addon for Kodi doesn't support external players(required function like GetLiveStreamURL() has not been implemented), this addon can only work with Kodi internal DVDPlayer.
@neeto33

I have checked all Kodi PVR Addons on https://github.com/kodi-pvr
As of now, the following PVR Addons do not support external players:
  • Kodi's Windows Media Center client addon
  • Kodi PVR addon VNSI
  • Kodi VBox TV Gateway PVR addon
  • Kodi's PCTV client addon
  • Kodi's Njoy N7 client addon
  • MythTV PVR for Kodi
  • Kodi's IPTV Simple client addon
  • Kodi's Tvheadend HTSP client addon
  • Kodi's Filmon client addon
  • Kodi's DVBLink client addon
  • Demo PVR for Kodi

Those addons can only work with Kodi internal DVDPlayer.
UPDATE: Isengard DSPlayer 15.0 Final

some important fixes and improvement are made with this build
  • no more lag while using madVR thx to new "low latency mode"
  • adjust refresh to match fps now properly works also if configured only in madVR tryicon, at media stop the original refresh will be restored
  • solved the issue with high gpu load while pause
  • solved the issue with the Kodi GUI that could runs slowly or unresponsive after several played/stopped videos with madVR
  • solved some textures issue after completes a video in ffw

this build of dsplayer it's fully compatible only with madVR v0.88.18+ so pls update to latest madVR, older versions still works but since madvr manages the pause state in a new way it's not guaranteed the proper functioning at 100%

links at first page

p.s.

speaking about the new "low latency mode" i would put the focus on an important aspect

when we play a video with madvr opening the stats with ctrl+j we should see present queue 7-8/8 (with default settings) if there isn't any element of the kodi gui visible/rendered on the video, in this moment the "low latency mode" it's disabled and everything works as he should

when some element of kodi appears then automatically the "low latency mode" it's enabled and the present queue goes down to 1-2/2

this it's the correct behavior, so pls report if you notice that with kodi gui element visible on the screen the present queue remain at 7-8/8 or if with each element of kodi hidden the present queue it's still lock to 1-2/2

in the todo list remains to update the kodi gui to manage the new scaling algorithms added recently in madVR but until the hard work of madshi on this it's finished and released the new mvrinterface it's impossible to me

ciauz
Wohooo.... thank u @aracnoz
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Thanks again for all your hard work...

I haven't downloaded the new build yet, but I updated the set-up guide with new instructions.
I gave the most recent build a try and everything seems to be working fine. The new low latency mode is a particularly nice addition.

I did report a problem with rendering stats not registering correctly in the Doom9 forum with v0.88.20, but I don't think this is a DSPlayer issue.

For anyone who missed this comparison, below are some examples of image sharpening from Upscaling Refinement. This includes FineSharp, SuperRes and AdaptiveSharpen.

Example – Aggressive Sharpening:

The examples below show the progressive nature of each sharpener in increasing perceived detail. This can be good or bad depending on the sharpener. In this case, SuperRes occupies the middle ground in detail but is most faithful to the original when resized without adding extra detail not found in the original image.

Resized Original (before 50% downscale) | Upscaled with super-xbr | FineSharp(4.0) | SuperRes(4) | Adaptive Sharpen(0.8)
I noticed correct display mode switching now requires you complete the display modes field in madVR. Kodi alone will not switch to the correct refresh rate.
It is better to leave refresh rate switching to madVR anyhow. Kodi cannot switch to proper 24 Hz in fullscreen mode under Windows 8+ due to an unwanted Windows behavior. But madshi managed to find a way to still force 24 Hz.
I'm having issues when copying my advancedsettings.xml to the userdata folder after updating to 15.0, the file contains my local MySQL database info:

<advancedsettings>

<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.100</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>kodi</user>
<pass>kodi</pass>
<name>kodi_videos</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.100</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>kodi</user>
<pass>kodi</pass>
<name>kodi_music</name>
</musicdatabase>

</advancedsettings>

This results in Kodi crashing on startup with an error saying "ERROR: Unable to initialize. Exiting".
Do I need to delete the old database from my server so a new one can be created, or can Kodi somehow convert it if its incompatible with 15.0?
I had 14.2 running with the exact settings above and no issues.
Just tested the Isengard final with madVR 0.88.20 on my laptop, apart from the incorrect render times (which is a madVR issue) everything seems to work great. The new low latency GUI feature is very nice, I can finally increase my present queue beyond 4, yay! Smile

Thank you aracnoz for dedicating so much effort in dsplayer, much appreciated.
THANK YOU!

aracnoz, you deserve unconditional praise from all of us. Thanks for all the hard work. Can't wait to update to the final 15.0 release. Smile

Will the next step be DirectX 11 version? After a much deserved rest, I hope. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
why would there be need for DX 11 ? I suppose if you were not using madVR i guess i could see that, but then you miss out on a lot of the work done and beautiful screens you get with madVR
(2015-07-21, 22:12)*Roma* Wrote: @neeto33

I have checked all Kodi PVR Addons on https://github.com/kodi-pvr
As of now, the following PVR Addons do not support external players:
  • Kodi's Windows Media Center client addon
  • Kodi PVR addon VNSI
  • Kodi VBox TV Gateway PVR addon
  • Kodi's PCTV client addon
  • Kodi's Njoy N7 client addon
  • MythTV PVR for Kodi
  • Kodi's IPTV Simple client addon
  • Kodi's Tvheadend HTSP client addon
  • Kodi's Filmon client addon
  • Kodi's DVBLink client addon
  • Demo PVR for Kodi

Those addons can only work with Kodi internal DVDPlayer.

Ok - thanks for testing.
That confirms what I thought & what I saw in the source code for DSPlayer
I suppose pvr does not work because there is no DirectShow source filter that knows how to get the source from "pvr" files/urls.
If you think about it pvr is just another "source" that needs to be "split" and sent to the video & audio decoders.
I'd like to think this is not too hard as there must be source code in the DVDPlayer that does this sourcing already.
Wish I had the time to work on this - hope someone else does.

Thanks for all the great work on getting DSPlayer to the where it is - it's still brilliant.
(2015-07-22, 14:26)spencerjford Wrote: why would there be need for DX 11 ? I suppose if you were not using madVR i guess i could see that, but then you miss out on a lot of the work done and beautiful screens you get with madVR
First, mine was a half joke. Smile

But work is already well underway for Kodi with DirectX 11. Considering there are already Isengard builds, and considering that Kodi J**** (16) will be DirectX 11 based, I think sooner or later it will be better to switch to those builds. But it's up to aracnoz, clearly... I am Mr. Nobody concerning decisions for DSPlayer. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
The new update looks great and appears to fix a number of issues. I still have a couple of big ones involving subtitles however. With Reclock selected as the audio renderer I cannot get any subtitles to appear. With the standard audio renderer, subtitles only load if they already present when the video is started. Subtitles that are downloaded through Kodi whilst watching will not appear until the video is restarted.

Here is a log with Reclock enabled first: http://pastebin.com/R7E7ndVM
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47