• 102(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-09-17, 12:56)ashlar Wrote:
(2015-09-14, 23:35)ashlar Wrote: aracnoz, does your version of DSPlayer still allow for rules in mediasconfig.xml?

I tried using
Code:
rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|vob|mts|m2ts|ts|bdmv">
            <source filter="lavsource" />
            <splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
            <video filter="lavvideo" />
            <audio filter="lavaudio" />
            <subs videoresolution="480|540|720" filter="xysubfilter" />
            <subs filter="directvobsub_(auto-loading_version)" />
            </rule>

hoping to use VSFilter only for 1080p files (the grand majority of 2:35 and 1:85 files I have), while using xySubfilter for lower resolution files, to take advantage of its hi res subs... but it doesn't work. And in the GUI I don't see the above rule anywhere. As you see it above, xySubfilter is always used, if I invert the two lines, xyVSFilter is always used.
warner306, do you know if what I'm asking makes sense? Am I doing a mistake in writing the rule or are rules unsupported for filters selection in this version of DSPlayer?

If that´s your complete mediasconfig there missing some start and ends. For instance <rules>. Mine looks like this:
<mediasconfig>
<rules>
<!-- Rules for .ts files and ARGUSTV/MediaPortal timeshift and recordings UNC paths -->
<rule name="PVR" filetypes="ts" url="false" >
<source filter="tsreader" />
<splitter filter="tsreader" />
</rule>
<rule url="true" filetypes="tsbuffer" >
</rule>
<!-- Rules for rtsp stream -->
<rule protocols="rtsp">
</rule>
<rule url="true" protocols="rtsp">
</rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>
(2015-09-17, 12:01)Bjur Wrote: I get video now with roma's pvr addon, so thanks for the roma but I get a lot of dropped frames compared to my other videos with madvr. Why is that?
these are my settings:
http://postimg.org/image/bc7o1kodt/41689291/

http://postimg.org/image/xqgsq95r1/2e7a8f6c/

Most TV usually broadcast in interlaced mode (1080i) and deinterlacing 1080i took quite some CPU/GPU load. Try lowering your madvr settings to see if it's better. Also check your deinterlace settings in lavvideo as well. My system has hard times deinterlacing in video mode (60fps) even with lowest madvr settings.
Okay thanks but most of it are 720p here in Denmark, but can I set a specific profile in madVR for interlaced?
(2015-09-17, 12:56)ashlar Wrote:
(2015-09-14, 23:35)ashlar Wrote: aracnoz, does your version of DSPlayer still allow for rules in mediasconfig.xml?

I tried using
Code:
rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|vob|mts|m2ts|ts|bdmv">
            <subs videoresolution="480|540|720" filter="xysubfilter" />
            <subs filter="directvobsub_(auto-loading_version)" />
            </rule>

hoping to use VSFilter only for 1080p files (the grand majority of 2:35 and 1:85 files I have), while using xySubfilter for lower resolution files, to take advantage of its hi res subs... but it doesn't work. And in the GUI I don't see the above rule anywhere. As you see it above, xySubfilter is always used, if I invert the two lines, xyVSFilter is always used.
warner306, do you know if what I'm asking makes sense? Am I doing a mistake in writing the rule or are rules unsupported for filters selection in this version of DSPlayer?

as first thing you should uninstall xysubfilter to avoid any conflicts with system merits between xyvsfilter and xysubfilter, after that the correct formulation should be

Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|vob|mts|m2ts|ts|bdmv">
  <subs>
    <subs videoresolution="480|540|720" filter="xysubfilter_internal" />
    <subs videoresolution="1080" filter="directvobsub_(auto-loading_version)" />
  </subs>
</rule>

anyway i really suggest to use only xysubfilter Smile, but it's your choice
Thanks aracnoz, i missed the opening and closing <subs> and </subs> parts.

This for me is ideal for the time being and it actually represents another proof of the greatness of DSPlayer and its great flexibility.

Thank you!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Why not including madvr in the setup like lavfilters and xysubfilter?
What about adding an option to update madvr (http://madshi.net/madVR.zip) from kodi?
(2015-09-18, 06:17)geofred1993 Wrote: Why not including madvr in the setup like lavfilters and xysubfilter?
What about adding on option to update madvr (http://madshi.net/madVR.zip) from kodi?

I think it could be included as internal madvr renderer to make dsplayer working out of the box.

But madvr is actively develop and more than a few times in the past , update to latest madvr broke DSPlayer. So I don't think it's good idea to be easily update madvr without checking first if it introduces new bug or unwanted behaviour.
(2015-09-18, 06:17)geofred1993 Wrote: Why not including madvr in the setup like lavfilters and xysubfilter?
What about adding on option to update madvr (http://madshi.net/madVR.zip) from kodi?

Once the program reaches 1.0, it would make sense, but it seems a long way away from that. Each incremental digit (0.89, 0.90, 0.91, etc.) means new features. It could be another year before madVR is technically released. That's great if you use the program but bad for DSPlayer because the new features aren't always fully tested.

aracnoz has taken it far enough, if you ask me. Enjoy what you have...
Nice job for this DSplayer. Cool I have little issue.
I put a CD and with your "playercorefactory.xml" kodi freeze and crash, I add:
Code:
<rule audio="true" player="PAplayer"/>
and now works. Maybe you force Madvr to work and Kodi loops.

When I read a video in exclusive fullscreen mode and push 'ECHAP' (for e.g.) black screen, Madvr don't back to windowed mode but do it when push on 'Windows'; image back when I push 'Tab' (fullscreen playback).

(I'm french...) Big Grin
(2015-06-08, 12:01)*Roma* Wrote:
(2015-06-07, 23:01)nedge2k Wrote: -Cannot play recorded programme while it is still recording
You have to change "Streaming method" to "ffmpeg" in MP Addon settings.

(2015-06-08, 12:01)*Roma* Wrote: With these settings, DSPlayer will play in-progress recordings but the total time will remain constant - this will be fixed in the next release.

Has this been fixed yet? We like to schedule all of our TV to record in case we aren't in the room precisely when shows start, but quite often we'll start watching the 11 o'clock news, for example, while the recording is still in-progress. It is very frustrating when playback keeps stopping. This is a huge impediment to my family's (wife's) acceptance of the solution. I am using the latest NextPVR (3.5.7) as the backend.
(2015-09-18, 15:32)digidad Wrote:
(2015-06-08, 12:01)*Roma* Wrote:
(2015-06-07, 23:01)nedge2k Wrote: -Cannot play recorded programme while it is still recording
You have to change "Streaming method" to "ffmpeg" in MP Addon settings.

(2015-06-08, 12:01)*Roma* Wrote: With these settings, DSPlayer will play in-progress recordings but the total time will remain constant - this will be fixed in the next release.

Has this been fixed yet? We like to schedule all of our TV to record in case we aren't in the room precisely when shows start, but quite often we'll start watching the 11 o'clock news, for example, while the recording is still in-progress. It is very frustrating when playback keeps stopping. This is a huge impediment to my family's (wife's) acceptance of the solution. I am using the latest NextPVR (3.5.7) as the backend.
Yes, this is fixed in DSPlayer, playback of in-progress recordings is possible with NextPVR, MediaPortal and ArgusTV.
Links on the first page.
Thanks Warner306 for your reminder about posting a log.

For my problem, I have posted a log here: log
My filtersconfig and mediasconfig is here: filtersconfig - mediasconfig

The problem is that Kodi freezes once I move within a movie using the seek bar. The video keeps playing, but kodi becomes unresponsive. The problem is totally reproducible with every video.
System: win 10 64 bits

The problem disapears, when I turn off dsplayer, so it is for sure dsplayer-realted. I had a similar problem in a previous version and I could bypass it by turning off madshi's renderer (going back to EVR), but with the most current version the option to change the renderer is greyed out.

Btw, I haven't figured out what the .pdb-file is needed for and I cannot find out where I can find the log from madVR - if someone could give me a hint where to find this info, that would be cool.

Thanks!
(2015-09-18, 16:12)*Roma* Wrote: Yes, this is fixed in DSPlayer, playback of in-progress recordings is possible with NextPVR, MediaPortal and ArgusTV.
Links on the first page.

Does this require the 15.2 RC or was it already fixed in the 15.1 stable build?

Do the same notes regarding changing "Streaming method" to "ffmpeg" in MP Addon settings, and new DSPlayer rules in mediasconfig.xml and playercorefactory.xml apply?

And... sorry for the noob question, but where are these "MP Addon settings" in kodi? Or should that be in the NextPVR Addon settings?

Thanks
(2015-09-18, 17:06)hlina Wrote: Thanks Warner306 for your reminder about posting a log.

For my problem, I have posted a log here: log
My filtersconfig and mediasconfig is here: filtersconfig - mediasconfig

The problem is that Kodi freezes once I move within a movie using the seek bar. The video keeps playing, but kodi becomes unresponsive. The problem is totally reproducible with every video.
System: win 10 64 bits

The problem disapears, when I turn off dsplayer, so it is for sure dsplayer-realted. I had a similar problem in a previous version and I could bypass it by turning off madshi's renderer (going back to EVR), but with the most current version the option to change the renderer is greyed out.

Btw, I haven't figured out what the .pdb-file is needed for and I cannot find out where I can find the log from madVR - if someone could give me a hint where to find this info, that would be cool.

Thanks!

Turn off hw accerelated in LAVVideo or set it to DXVA Copy back. See if it's help. I had similar problem like this when I use CUDA.
(2015-09-18, 17:42)digidad Wrote:
(2015-09-18, 16:12)*Roma* Wrote: Yes, this is fixed in DSPlayer, playback of in-progress recordings is possible with NextPVR, MediaPortal and ArgusTV.
Links on the first page.

Does this require the 15.2 RC or was it already fixed in the 15.1 stable build?
It's already fixed in the v15.1 stable build.

(2015-09-18, 17:42)digidad Wrote: Do the same notes regarding changing "Streaming method" to "ffmpeg" in MP Addon settings, and new DSPlayer rules in mediasconfig.xml and playercorefactory.xml apply?
In order to use PVR features in DSPlayer v15.1, you have to use Mediaportal Directshow Filter or NextPVR Directshow Filter.

(2015-09-18, 17:42)digidad Wrote: And... sorry for the noob question, but where are these "MP Addon settings" in kodi? Or should that be in the NextPVR Addon settings?

Thanks
MP Addon settings
Code:
Go to Settings -> Add-ons -> Enabled add-ons -> PVR Clients and select the MediaPortal add-on
Select "Configure"

NextPVR Addon settings
Code:
Go to Settings -> Add-ons -> Enabled add-ons -> PVR Clients and select the NextPVR add-on
Select "Configure"
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47