• 109(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
My very humble opinion is that people worried about what's going on in their system (ie. checking where stuff is installed, if it can be uninstalled, etc.) should go for an all external approach. Use your own filters, use your own .xml files in userdata directory and so on. aracnoz provides the internal filters solution for an approach that "just works". If it works, there's not much more you can ask of him. If you are worried about what's going on, if you are that kind of person (I know I am), keep on using external LAV, external madVR configurations, etc.

Just my two cents, clearly everyone is entitled to do as it pleases him/her. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-09-26, 11:03)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: @ Warner306
BINGO
This is it the solution

if (srcWidth = 1920) or ((srcHeight > 720) and (srcHeight <= 1080)) "1080p"
else if (srcWidth = 1280) or ((srcHeight > 580) and (srcHeight <= 720)) "720p"
else if ((srcWidth <= 960) or (srcHeight <= 580)) "SD"

3 more questions
1. Watching the movies and with Ctrl+J , i see that DXVA2 , is activated only on DXVA2 (native) , and not with DXVA2 (copy-back). WHY?

2. Going to control panel/install-unistall programs , i see that the Lav Filters are there , but going in Start panel/All programs , i do not see them there. Why?

3. The Lav Filters should be in Program files or in Program files (86)?. I'm running Win7x64

Thanks for your attention and support

madVR doesn't report anything about video decoding method or hardware acceleration. If you see DXVA in the rendering stats, this likely means you chose DXVA under Image Upscaling. If this is the case, DXVA will override all other image scaling options and use similar DXVA scaling to Kodi's DVDPlayer.
Added a Quick Start Manual to the guide for noobs who like madVR but have never used Kodi or DSPlayer.
@ Warner306
Ths for your answer
I also like your guide

But you did not reply to my question

Going to control panel/install-unistall programs , i see that the Lav Filters are there , but going in Start panel/All programs , i do not see them there. Why?

Tks
(2015-09-26, 23:13)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: @ Warner306
Ths for your answer
I also like your guide

But you did not answered to my question

Going to control panel/install-unistall programs , i see that the Lav Filters are there , but going in Start panel/All programs , i do not see them there. Why?

Tks

I'm not sure where LAV Filters might be. I'd stick with the internal filters, but I don't know why it would be missing.
(2015-09-24, 20:46)wints Wrote: Hi any chance you could get DSPlayer working with Cinema Vision addon? it works with the default DVDPlayer but not when I switch to DSPlayer thanks

+1, I'd love to have cinema vision addon support. Trailers, movie intro etc are played well and everything is working. Even the main feature is played right. But unfortunately kodi crashes when the main feature ends. Any plans to fix this in the future?

although I understand this can and will cause more work in addition of what's already going on. But perhaps some day?
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
Thanks for your great job.
I hope You can help me with my problem.
I'm trying to use an external filter (strongene lentoid hevc decoder) for the h265 files.
When I define the rule for this filter there's no problem if i create a rule based only on the file type, and the filter works very well. But if I create a rule based on the file name, or the file name + type file, the video simply do not start, although the mediasconfig.xml file is correctly create/modified in the dsplayer folder. I have the same problem on my mini-pc with windows 8.1 and also on my pc with windows 7.
This is the content of my mediaconfig.xml file:

<mediasconfig>
<rules>
<rule filename="h265">
<source filter="lavsource_internal" />
<splitter filter="lavsplitter_internal" />
<video filter="lentoid_hevc_decoder" />
<audio filter="lavaudio_internal" />
<subs filter="xysubfilter_internal" />
</rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>

Thanks, and excuse me for my not excellent English.
(2015-09-28, 12:28)texstar Wrote: Thanks for your great job.
I'm trying to use an external filter (strongene lentoid hevc decoder) for the h265 files.
When I define the rule for this filter there's no problem if i create a rule based only on the file type, and the filter works very well. But if I create a rule based on the file name, or the file name + type file, the video simply do not start, although the mediasconfig.xml file is correctly create/modified in the dsplayer folder. I have the same problem on my mini-pc with windows 8.1 and also on my pc with windows 7.

<mediasconfig>
<rules>
<rule filename="h265">
</rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>

After some tests. This is my working rule. Also you need to have h265 or hevc in filename.

<rule filetypes="mp4|mkv" filename=".*h265.*|.*H265.*|.*hevc.*|.*HEVC.*">
<subs filter="xyvsfilter" />
<extra>
<extra filter="ffdshow_audio_processor" />
<extra filter="ffdraw" />
</extra>
</rule>
(2015-09-28, 17:50)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-09-28, 12:28)texstar Wrote: Thanks for your great job.

<mediasconfig>
<rules>
<rule filename="h265">
</rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>

After some tests. This is my working rule. Also you need to have h265 or hevc in filename.

<rule filetypes="mp4|mkv" filename=".*h265.*|.*H265.*|.*hevc.*|.*HEVC.*">
<subs filter="xyvsfilter" />
<extra>
<extra filter="ffdshow_audio_processor" />
<extra filter="ffdraw" />
</extra>
</rule>

Thanks oldpoem, I finally obtained my working combination of rules to play h265 files with lentoid decoder and all the others files with lav decoder:

<mediasconfig>
<rules>
<rule filename=".*h265.*">
</rule>
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|bdmv">
<video filter="lavvideo_internal" />
</rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>
Wouldn't a rule based on the videocodec attribute be better, instead of relying on filename?

<mediasconfig>
<rules>
<rule videocodec="h265">
</rule>
</rules>
</mediasconfig>

Or is h265 not available as a videocodec parameter?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
My buddy is rebuilding his gaming rig and is giving me a bunch of parts for a great deal. Its an i7-920 @ 4.03GHz, Asus P6TD Deluxe motherboard, 12GB RAM and a AMD R9 290 and a 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD all for $315.

Do you think this setup will handle most of Madvr and SVP settings set around their max?
I tested on skylake e6600 and gtx960 and no, wasnt able at max ... Really bad on LiveTV 1080i ...
But my TV is UHD, so 3840 x 2160
(2015-09-29, 16:38)Talguy Wrote: My buddy is rebuilding his gaming rig and is giving me a bunch of parts for a great deal. Its an i7-920 @ 4.03GHz, Asus P6TD Deluxe motherboard, 12GB RAM and a AMD R9 290 and a 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD all for $315.

Do you think this setup will handle most of Madvr and SVP settings set around their max?

If your TV is 1080p, then you should be able to set everything at max. If the TV is 4K, you won't be able to max out everything, but could still use NNEDI3 image scaling by adjusting other settings around it.
1) Any idea why <rule videoresolution="2160" player="dvdplayer"/> isn't working in playercorefactory.xml? 4K videos always start in DSPlayer regardless. 1080, 720 etc. setting does work as intended, though.

2) Does it sound "normal" that with GTX 960 and dual core Ivy Bridge Pentium (@2.9) it's impossible to get DSPlayer/madVR/LAV to play 2160p downscaled to 1080p without horrible glitches and dropouts at any setting - including even the most rudimentary algorithms (Nearest Neighbor downscaling etc.)? CPU usage hits 100% but GPU only moderately taxed, render times +50 ms at worst. LAV filters are set to DXVA copy-back. However, no problems playing said videos with DVDPlayer, even on an Intel HD 3500 graphics.
(2015-09-30, 13:48)Uoppi Wrote: 1) Any idea why <rule videoresolution="2160" player="dvdplayer"/> isn't working in playercorefactory.xml? 4K videos always start in DSPlayer regardless. 1080, 720 etc. setting does work as intended, though.
You should ask this in general OS independent forum. It might be that the 4K definition for playercorefactory.xml is not yet active. Or it has a different denomination...
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47