• 118(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-10-11, 22:13)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-10-11, 10:13)gotham_x Wrote: Thanks for your feedback, if you have implemented the right way, content to 1080p> 1080p, with a setting of chroma upscaling set for example with super-xbr150 + AR (High Processing), you should seize substantial differences in the level of an image better output, by contrast, with a setting of chroma upscaling set with NNEDI3 (Maximum Processing) 32/64/128 neurons in this case only for 1080p content you are watching, is that correct? but as suggested, focus on setting (High processing) to content to 1080p and double image with mixed content 1080p / 720p processing algorithm NNEDI3.
So in this case, mixed content at 1080p / 720p would be enough to set only one profile in the profile madVR as suggested?

The profile posted would be for 720p content. 1080p videos could use NNEDI3 with high neurons because image upscaling is unnecessary. 720p would be all about image doubling and upscaling refinement, so chroma upscaling could be reduced.

I would recommend pushing your graphics card with each profile if you have the room.

Thanks Warner, always available to help make it clear in certain situations, such as that in this case, with the recommended settings for Scaling Algorithms, to my eyes seemed a bit 'too low profile for just content to 1080p for a graphics card of a certain level like the GTX 970.
The fact is that I have misunderstood, obviously have a profile content to 720p, it approffitta if you can suggest a profile for SD content for my GTX 970
Thank you in advance.
Potential bug:

Missing the LAV Audio Filters internal option to set "Enable Audio Delay". When I load the LAV Audio interface through the DSplayer sub-menu in Kodi the "Enable Audio Delay" option will not save after hitting "apply", and "ok". If I set the option through the LAV Audio interface menu after I start a video the option stays put until I close out the video and start a new one.

I don't know where the options are saved to, or I would try to set the Audio Delay from the configuration file. With LAV + MPC-HC it's in the registry, but I could not find a corresponding option for DSPlayer.

Thanks!
So, has XySub development ended, or whos taking care of it now?

Regarding 24P stuttering i've been messing with for an eternity it's simply a problem with the TV (CCFL Backlit) that's not fixable.

Has anyone tried 24P with the newer Samsung TVs(European Models) with MadVR and no judder/jaggy/stutters?
I'm having hesitation about buying European TV Models since the Motion plus is often incompatible with 24Hz when running via HTPC. 1000 Divided by 24 = uneven.
Thanks to the suggestions that I've got here (thank you) I solved the problem related to the FES but now I noticed some other little big problem:

- When I pause the video or use osd to dowload subs and the skin osd comes up I noticed that the GPU usage % quickly rise to a very high level so the video card fans start spinning like crazy and the ones of the case follow the same behavior. I'm using the last version of the installer. Why? How to solve it??

- I noticed that the player doesn't load the subs included in the mkv but only the external ones. If I select the "included" subs via osd or yatse anyway doesn't play them.

Hope anyone can help me on this!

Thanks!
(2015-10-13, 08:09)alturismo Wrote: thanks for the tipps, may i ask about sep. profiles, any chance they will come to internal profiles (example: save for 1080i content ...)

or then only possible to use with madvr settings ?

thanks ahead

You would have to use madVR profile rules to create profiles for interlaced content.

madVR profile rules
(2015-10-13, 13:48)gotham_x Wrote:
(2015-10-11, 22:13)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-10-11, 10:13)gotham_x Wrote: Thanks for your feedback, if you have implemented the right way, content to 1080p> 1080p, with a setting of chroma upscaling set for example with super-xbr150 + AR (High Processing), you should seize substantial differences in the level of an image better output, by contrast, with a setting of chroma upscaling set with NNEDI3 (Maximum Processing) 32/64/128 neurons in this case only for 1080p content you are watching, is that correct? but as suggested, focus on setting (High processing) to content to 1080p and double image with mixed content 1080p / 720p processing algorithm NNEDI3.
So in this case, mixed content at 1080p / 720p would be enough to set only one profile in the profile madVR as suggested?

The profile posted would be for 720p content. 1080p videos could use NNEDI3 with high neurons because image upscaling is unnecessary. 720p would be all about image doubling and upscaling refinement, so chroma upscaling could be reduced.

I would recommend pushing your graphics card with each profile if you have the room.

Thanks Warner, always available to help make it clear in certain situations, such as that in this case, with the recommended settings for Scaling Algorithms, to my eyes seemed a bit 'too low profile for just content to 1080p for a graphics card of a certain level like the GTX 970.
The fact is that I have misunderstood, obviously have a profile content to 720p, it approffitta if you can suggest a profile for SD content for my GTX 970
Thank you in advance.

Use the same profile you use for 720p, which should include some form of image doubling.
  • Chroma: super-xbr150 + AR
  • Image: Jinc3 + AR
  • Luma Doubling: 1.5x or greater - NNEDI3 32 to 256 neurons
  • Chroma Doubling: Off
  • Downscaling: Catmull-Rom + AR + LL
  • Upscaling Refinement: SuperRes (strength: 1)
  • Artifact Removal - Debanding: Medium/High
  • Image Enhancements: Off
  • Dithering: Error Diffusion 2
(2015-10-13, 18:27)XTrojan Wrote: So, has XySub development ended, or whos taking care of it now?

Regarding 24P stuttering i've been messing with for an eternity it's simply a problem with the TV (CCFL Backlit) that's not fixable.

Has anyone tried 24P with the newer Samsung TVs(European Models) with MadVR and no judder/jaggy/stutters?
I'm having hesitation about buying European TV Models since the Motion plus is often incompatible with 24Hz when running via HTPC. 1000 Divided by 24 = uneven.

XySubFilter is still being actively developed. Beta3 was released just recently. I'm not sure who is in charge, but madshi is involved.
With the latest Version of dsplayer-Kodi I am getting the following error:

creating direct3d device failed (80070005)

Error message is shown on a black screen when I want to start playing a video.
The problem occurs only on my secondary monitor, but playing movies works fine on primary screen. I have a GTX960 graphics card and the computer monitor (primary display), a beamer (secondary display) and also a TV connected to it.OS is windows 10 64 bits.

Any ideas?
-Thanks!
(2015-10-13, 17:37)hu1kamania Wrote: Potential bug:

Missing the LAV Audio Filters internal option to set "Enable Audio Delay". When I load the LAV Audio interface through the DSplayer sub-menu in Kodi the "Enable Audio Delay" option will not save after hitting "apply", and "ok". If I set the option through the LAV Audio interface menu after I start a video the option stays put until I close out the video and start a new one.

I don't know where the options are saved to, or I would try to set the Audio Delay from the configuration file. With LAV + MPC-HC it's in the registry, but I could not find a corresponding option for DSPlayer.

Thanks!

Audio delays should not be set in LAV Audio. I believe Kodi's internal audio delay will override this value. The best way to set a fixed audio delay is via advancedsettings.xml as described in this post: 2033893 (post).
(2015-10-13, 19:54)Knight77 Wrote: - When I pause the video or use osd to dowload subs and the skin osd comes up I noticed that the GPU usage % quickly rise to a very high level so the video card fans start spinning like crazy and the ones of the case follow the same behavior. I'm using the last version of the installer. Why? How to solve it??

i just noticed this today and reported to madshi because this it's a madVR situation since madVR 0.89.3, with madVR 0.89.2 for me there is not an high gpu load while pause

can you also confirm this behavior with your setup?

(2015-10-13, 19:54)Knight77 Wrote: - I noticed that the player doesn't load the subs included in the mkv but only the external ones. If I select the "included" subs via osd or yatse anyway doesn't play them.
Thanks!

madVR 0.89.6 had some problem to show internal subtitles, if you are using this version you should update to the latest one

(2015-10-13, 20:41)hlina Wrote: With the latest Version of dsplayer-Kodi I am getting the following error:

The problem occurs only on my secondary monitor, but playing movies works fine on primary screen. I have a GTX960 graphics card and the computer monitor (primary display), a beamer (secondary display) and also a TV connected to it.OS is windows 10 64 bits.

Any ideas?
-Thanks!

have you enabled "adjust refresh rate" in kodi? if yes you should try to handle these things only by madVR trayicon in display mode

anyway you should check if this it's happening also with dvdplayer because it could be a kodi problems not related to dsplayer

@Uoppi

i'm not able to test zoom/aspect ratio things with "Finnish TV streaming add-on Elisa Viihde" because requires registration anyway if with normal file there it's not problem it should work in the same way with streaming contents... it could be something directly relative to that addons, you should find a file to reproduce the same issue
(2015-10-13, 23:15)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-10-13, 19:54)Knight77 Wrote: - When I pause the video or use osd to dowload subs and the skin osd comes up I noticed that the GPU usage % quickly rise to a very high level so the video card fans start spinning like crazy and the ones of the case follow the same behavior. I'm using the last version of the installer. Why? How to solve it??

i just noticed this today and reported to madshi because this it's a madVR situation since madVR 0.89.3, with madVR 0.89.2 for me there is not an high gpu load while pause

can you also confirm this behavior with your setup?

(2015-10-13, 19:54)Knight77 Wrote: - I noticed that the player doesn't load the subs included in the mkv but only the external ones. If I select the "included" subs via osd or yatse anyway doesn't play them.
Thanks!

madVR 0.89.6 had some problem to show internal subtitles, if you are using this version you should update to the latest one

I am cutrently using Madvr 0.89.6. I'll try to update and see if the subs problem get solved, by now I can confirm with this release I have that and the terrible Gpu load+crazy spinning fan when the osd comes up for pause, subs selection or something else... Really bad this one
(2015-10-13, 20:41)hlina Wrote: With the latest Version of dsplayer-Kodi I am getting the following error:

Any ideas?
-Thanks!

I'm wondering if you have installed/updated directx?
(2015-10-13, 23:15)aracnoz Wrote:

Any ideas?
-Thanks!
have you enabled "adjust refresh rate" in kodi? if yes you should try to handle these things only by madVR trayicon in display mode

anyway you should check if this it's happening also with dvdplayer because it could be a kodi problems not related to dsplayer

Thanks aracnoz for your input. I have checked it and "adjust screen refresh rate" is currently turned off. The problem does not appear with dvdplayer, and I can also workaround it by selecting "use in fullscreen (exclusive mode)". However, this selection brings other problems, i.e., on screen controls are not displayed/working anymore and Kodi sometimes crashes when a video ends.
Surprisingly, this problem does ONLY occur when I use my beamer, but not on the monitor or on the TV attached to the same graphics card. The only diffference I can make out here is that the TV and the computer are connected through DVI ports, while the beamer is connected via HDMI. Really strange that.

(2015-10-14, 07:13)spencerjford Wrote: I'm wondering if you have installed/updated directx?

Thank, spencerjford for your idea. I have windows 10 which comes with directx12. I doublechecked with dxdiag and is says DirectX version is 12.

Btw, I forgot to mention, the error message starts with "madVR reports:". The kodi.log file doesn't show anything suspicious.
sometimes it's still worth running the updater. and making sure you have the proper drivers installed.

The auto install drivers are not always feature complete, I suggest you go to the website of whatever graphics your computer has and get the most recent.

Plus download directxwebupdate (i think that's what is,) these two steps may solve it.
(2015-10-13, 18:27)XTrojan Wrote: So, has XySub development ended, or whos taking care of it now?
The situation is unclear. Apparently the main developer is not really actively involved nowadays. The latest release came due to madshi direct involvement, that's why now we have XySub rendering subs on black bars in madVR. At least the dev is around, as he's updated the opening post on Doom9 with the new build. I really don't know if XySub might be considered feature complete now (it looks to me to be pretty complete, but I might definitely be missing something) and we don't know whether further development will happen. As I mentioned on Doom9, the code is open source... so we always have the option of others working on it. So far so good, anyway Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47