• 128(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Just a Quick question ...

What, and where, should I modify something to make Kodi to play DVD ISO files and VIDEO_TS rips ?

Please also tell me how to enable the deinterlace for those ISOs ...

Thanks in advance ...

LePousson
Hi Guys,

I desperately need your help with Kodi DSPlayer. I'm using it alongside SVP too. I have it all set-up through mediaconfig file (ffdshow raw added as extra filter and everything configured through media rules).
Recently I have upgraded to madVR v0.89.12 and DSPlayer 15.2 Isengard DX11 - build (20151019-f273f06) and ... suddenly I have started to have a nasty problem while playing with Kodi. For ref I do not have the same problem in MPC-HC.

What happens: each time I play a 1080p movie in Kodi on my 1080p TV 60Hz I see a strange zoom taking place immediately after SVP starts to interpolate frames up to 59.94 and madVR stats shows that image upscalling is taking place.Normally this should not happen, only Chroma should be upscalled as madVR shows in MPC-HC. But with Kodi, after the zoom happens I see image upscalling with Jinc.

I'm using the "load from active madVR profile" in Kodi and "enable full screen automatic mode". All the settings for madVR are those from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222576 especially those for Profile: "1080p".

Why is the zoom happening with Kodi and not with MPC-HC?
Has anyone gotten 10bit to work with AMD cards (Not FirePro Or Quadro) My 970 is incapable of outputting 10-bit, i talked with Nvidia support and they confirmed that quadro cards can only outpit 10bit :/.

I'm running on 4k RGB or YcBcR444, 8bpc, seems i can't go higher without paying tons for professional graphics cards.

Hopefully when the new Bluray arrives with HDR AMD/Nvidia allows standard cards to output 10bit signal. Dolby Vision isn't released yet but something similar will eventually get released on HTPC, you can't beat the PC, lol.
@ionutm80, Do you have any of Madvr's zoom options active?
(2015-10-26, 18:39)XTrojan Wrote: Has anyone gotten 10bit to work with AMD cards (Not FirePro Or Quadro) My 970 is incapable of outputting 10-bit, i talked with Nvidia support and they confirmed that quadro cards can only outpit 10bit :/.

I'm running on 4k RGB or YcBcR444, 8bpc, seems i can't go higher without paying tons for professional graphics cards.

Hopefully when the new Bluray arrives with HDR AMD/Nvidia allows standard cards to output 10bit signal. Dolby Vision isn't released yet but something similar will eventually get released on HTPC, you can't beat the PC, lol.
heu, no , I had read than Nvidia card can't decode in 10bit but can output in 10bit (enable in 2009, I remember).
(2015-10-26, 19:26)fullsun Wrote:
(2015-10-26, 18:39)XTrojan Wrote: Has anyone gotten 10bit to work with AMD cards (Not FirePro Or Quadro) My 970 is incapable of outputting 10-bit, i talked with Nvidia support and they confirmed that quadro cards can only outpit 10bit :/.

heu, no , I had read than Nvidia card can't decode in 10bit but can output in 10bit (enable in 2009, I remember).

I talked with Nvidia and they said the standard GTX series can't send 10-bit signals, AMD was the same, but both of them can apparantly output 10bit or 12bit.
I output 12bits with a GTX960...

This selected from the resolution Nvidia control panel.

My Pioneer Kuro detects the signal and sets itself in 36 bit mode.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
In chapters, under bookmarks, they appear just as "Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc" with no title. This on an MKV whose chapters titles are displayed correctly with DVDplayer.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-10-27, 00:15)ashlar Wrote: I output 12bits with a GTX960...

This selected from the resolution Nvidia control panel.

My Pioneer Kuro detects the signal and sets itself in 36 bit mode.

Doesn't madVR add dithering to this? The control panel says 10-bits or more. Is this value open rather than a fixed value?
Hi

Thanks a lot for ongoing development - is currently 'so' stable - increasingly reluctant to upgrade to newer builds as really have no problems

Was one MadVR aspect which doesn't appear implemented within Dsplayer - which would be ideal for those as myself that use 2.35:1 screen and zoom/etc

That is the "Move OSD into active video area" setting on Device, Screen Config MadVR setting.

Ideally to move Kodi OSD display within the video area, regardless of the window size - would complete the 2:35:1 experience.

Thanks for considering. As Madshi's explains in his attachment - Madshi for Devs

Glenn

HDMI 2.0 can't do 4:4:4 or RGB @ UHD@60 hz 10 bit. the spec simply can't do it.

all directx 10 and newer GPUs support 10 and 16 bit input and up to 12 bit output. maybe even 16 bit. this is a default feature!

madVR can "only" output 10 bit nothing more the driver gets never 12 bit from it.
(2015-10-26, 18:52)Talguy Wrote: @ionutm80, Do you have any of Madvr's zoom options active?

Hi, no zoom options checked in madVR. As said this does not happen in mpc-hc. What is also very strange is that in spite of the fact that I set Kodi to load from active madVR profile it still created its own profile in madVR settings ignoring what I have already set there. For ref. I had 3 profiles for 1080p, 720p and SD movies am now I have a 4th one called DSPlayer ... I'm lost.
@ionutm80, when you're playing a movie what profile in the Madvr config window is highlighted in bold font? one of the three your created or one of the DSPlayer ones?
(2015-10-27, 03:58)ionutm80 Wrote:
(2015-10-26, 18:52)Talguy Wrote: @ionutm80, Do you have any of Madvr's zoom options active?

Hi, no zoom options checked in madVR. As said this does not happen in mpc-hc. What is also very strange is that in spite of the fact that I set Kodi to load from active madVR profile it still created its own profile in madVR settings ignoring what I have already set there. For ref. I had 3 profiles for 1080p, 720p and SD movies am now I have a 4th one called DSPlayer ... I'm lost.

You probably set Kodi to create internal tables and played a video once and don't know it. Delete this dummy profile and see if it is replaced. This has happened to me before.
Ok guys, thanks for the hints. I'll check back tonight and revert with feedback.
  • 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47