• 205(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Kodi Jarvis 16.1 RC1 + dsplayer * (02/22/2016) exist problem

If I play the entire movie until the end, Kodi exit properly, but if i just play half then stop, Kodi just show black screen.
I did check mark on 'Force DSplayer Exit Full Screen" in video config.

Anyone had the same issue Huh
This may be a dumb ass question but, do you need DSPLAYER to use reclock? Or can reclock be used with the internal player?
Reclock cannot be used with the internal player. You have to use DSPlayer.
Watched 2 movies last night and both were paused several times, posting on here and thats running the latest build posted on this thread working well for me, i have the fullscreen setting on if that helps not the compatibility one the other.
(2016-03-03, 05:50)yougood Wrote: Kodi Jarvis 16.1 RC1 + dsplayer * (02/22/2016) exist problem

If I play the entire movie until the end, Kodi exit properly, but if i just play half then stop, Kodi just show black screen.

I suggest you play with different combinations of Exclusive Fullscreen in DSPlayer/madVR and using, or not, "Use fullscreen window" in Settings/System/Video. Usually there's a combination that works correctly. It depends (sometimes I think it depends on drivers version as well).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-03-02, 18:55)oldpoem Wrote: This has been discussed before, Video addons tends to has problem with Lavsource. Usually when there are errors ,hiccup or buffering in stream. Lavsource is usually crashed or throwback to screen. While DVDPlayer usually cope better. Nothing to do with DSplayer.

Popular and high speed sites like youtube or dailymotion seems ok with Lavsouce & DSPlayer.
Yup, the problem is that aracnoz decided to hardcode Lav Splitter (internal) for all kinds of streams. There's no over-ruling that, not even through mediaconfig.xml. This is problematic because:

1) Lav Splitter (internal) might not necessarily be the best solution for any given stream.
2) We are stuck with the version he implemented (if I remember correctly he mentioned it was a modified version, but I might have gotten that wrong, back then).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-03-03, 15:17)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 18:55)oldpoem Wrote: This has been discussed before, Video addons tends to has problem with Lavsource. Usually when there are errors ,hiccup or buffering in stream. Lavsource is usually crashed or throwback to screen. While DVDPlayer usually cope better. Nothing to do with DSplayer.

Popular and high speed sites like youtube or dailymotion seems ok with Lavsouce & DSPlayer.
Yup, the problem is that aracnoz decided to hardcode Lav Splitter (internal) for all kinds of streams. There's no over-ruling that, not even through mediaconfig.xml. This is problematic because:

1) Lav Splitter (internal) might not necessarily be the best solution for any given stream.
2) We are stuck with the version he implemented (if I remember correctly he mentioned it was a modified version, but I might have gotten that wrong, back then).
I believed the modified version was all lavfilters to work with Kodi GUI settings. The maun reason was you can change settings via remote.
(2016-03-03, 15:15)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 05:50)yougood Wrote: Kodi Jarvis 16.1 RC1 + dsplayer * (02/22/2016) exist problem

I suggest you play with different combinations of Exclusive Fullscreen in DSPlayer/madVR and using, or not, "Use fullscreen window" in Settings/System/Video. Usually there's a combination that works correctly. It depends (sometimes I think it depends on drivers version as well).

Thank you. I will test it out.
Hi All,

When during a playback I put the OSD to see the control play panel (or to see which filters are used pressing "O"), there is a costant flicker ongoing that stops as soon as the OSD is off (the movie continue without issues). So it seems that there is an issue while overlapping the OSD over the video (rendered using madVR).

Any idea on that?
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2016-03-03, 18:20)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi All,

When during a playback I put the OSD to see the control play panel (or to see which filters are used pressing "O"), there is a costant flicker ongoing that stops as soon as the OSD is off (the movie continue without issues). So it seems that there is an issue while overlapping the OSD over the video (rendered using madVR).

Any idea on that?
I don't have this problem with Windows 10 / GTX760 . What is your system?
(2016-03-03, 18:29)oldpoem Wrote:

Any idea on that?

I'm actually making some trials on my laptop that has an Intel HD 4000...I'm going to try on another pc before open a "case"! Wink

I will let you know!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.

I had this problem when DSPlayer was first upgraded for madVR. What kind of file are you playing? Does this happen for all files or just a select few?

Try disabling D3D11 in the madVR control panel under general settings, if it is enabled.
(2016-03-03, 22:52)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 18:29)oldpoem Wrote:

Any idea on that?

I'm actually making some trials on my laptop that has an Intel HD 4000...I'm going to try on another pc before open a "case"! Wink

I will let you know!

This could also be a problem with the D3D9 vs D3D11 presentation path in general settings. Try setting madVR to D3D9. It sounds like a problem of compatibility with the hardware you are using.

Also, you should be running the Jarvis build with the latest version of madVR. It might also help to disable hardware acceleration in LAV Video.
(2016-03-03, 22:55)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 22:52)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 18:29)oldpoem Wrote: I don't have this problem with Windows 10 / GTX760 . What is your system?

I will let you know!

This could also be a problem with the D3D9 vs D3D11 presentation path in general settings. Try setting madVR to D3D9. It sounds like a problem of compatibility with the hardware you are using.

Also, you should be running the Jarvis build with the latest version of madVR. It might also help to disable hardware acceleration in LAV Video.

Thanks Warner.

I was already using D3D9 as weel as both last builds of Jarvis (not the 16.1 RC1 but the 16.0) and madVR (0.90.13). No success by disabling hardware acceleration in LAV Video.

The good new is that on another notebook, everything is perfect! Wink So I don't want to disturb you on this until I will finally setup everything on my HTPC...this evening! Be ready! Wink
(2016-03-02, 00:57)Derek Wrote: can some1 tell me is a USB - CEC Adapter worth getting?

Some1 can tell you Smile

If for instance, your TV can't be powered on by IP Control (my case) and you want to be able to power it without the use of IR technology, a USB-CEC adapter is the ideal thing.

I drive my HC with the iRule app on an iPad. Every device at home is IP Controlable, even the TV (Panasonic ST60), but the only thing I can't control is the TV when it is OFF (in order to have this feature i should have bought the high end Z60, cheers to marketing policies!).

So this adapter do the trick : when I start my HTPC (Kodi), it starts the TV by CEC (I use eventghost to trigger a startTV.bat script at boot time)
  • 205(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47