• 218(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2016-04-01, 20:40)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: @ aracnoz

Well , well you came back

I hope , it is not an April joke

Can somebody to compile these settings?

Wanilton where are you?

Many thanks

It is already compiled u just have to install it.

Wanilton where are you?

Many thanks

Can you even read?

"I'm NOT back.
I will not develop DSPlayer anymore.
I cannot support DSPlayer anymore.
To be sure not to create any expectations I will disappear again after this post. (so sorry if I will not response to any questions)"
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub

Wanilton where are you?

Many thanks
Aracnoz provided a link to the compiled DSPlayer installer with these new settings. Just go and install it over your current installation
Hi aracnoz, It is always nice to see you back. Given the support of community members, I'm sure the provided instructions will be enough for at least one member to provide periodic updates.

The hope remains DSPlayer will remain compatible with madVR indefinitely. So far, this has been the case.

Never think it's too late to reconsider returning.
Quote:The hope remains DSPlayer will remain compatible with madVR indefinitely. So far, this has been the case.

Never think it's too late to reconsider returning

I absolutely concur with the views,Its never too late and we have always respected him unlike the TEAM KODI. I would sincerely urge him reconsider.

Coming to the latest build,I did try and it kind of didn't work for me so had to revert to earlier build.It does have now too options compared to earlier like Lanczos now has upto "8Taps", Jinc is present in all the sections and so on.

The Main problem is the setting of these,Example if Am playing a 720P video and want to enable any setting it wouldn't allow me and even if I pause it still wouldn't ( both of which was not a problem earlier). It just hangs and just wouldn't allow me to do anything. This restricts playback to great extent.

Also this seems to be bit resource hungry than earlier as during playback I noticed more than usual CPU and GPU usage.

This is offcourse based on my system and may not be the case with others,but for me its a No Go.

Btw @warner,Did you read my last post ?? Any comments ??

Regards.
MOBO :AMD A68i-350
RAM:6GB DDR3
CPU : 1.6GHZ DUAL CORE
GPU : HD6310 (512MB Shared Memory)
Following on from my earlier post, using MadVR with DSPlayer on my HTPC seems to be more stable than on my desktop. The only issue I've encountered so far is switching from an SD to an HD channel whilst watching TV (using MediaPortal PVR). If I do that, I get a comlpetely black screen. If I change back to an SD channel (using keyboard shortcuts), the video and UI reappear. If I stop TV playback and then go to an HD channel, it works fine. It's just the change from SD to HD that it doesn't like.

Here's my specs and software:
  • Kodi with DSPlayer 16.1 RC2 (latest)
  • MadVR 0.90.17 (Fullscreen Exclusive Mode disabled)
  • LAV Filters 0.68.0 (DXVA copy-back)
  • MediaPortal PVR Client
  • Windows 7
  • Intel Celeron G530
  • nVidia GT 430

Anyone else had this issue? Is it really just not possible to use MadVR for watching TV? I believe JRiver does this successfully.
I am having an issue with DSPlayer and path substitution.
I noticed that Kodi's default player uses path substitution correctly.
My path substitution config looks as below.
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>smb://mediaserver/RepositoryShared</from>
<to>smb://192.168.10.5/RepositoryShared</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

The path substitution I have setup for obvious reasons, to not rescan my library in case the machine IP is updated in future and smb://mediaserver/... path is stored in database.
I verified that it updates library correctly as well as playback works when using in-built player.
Also, I checked mysql database and verified that the paths are stored as smb://mediaserver as expected.

But when I try to use DSPlayer playback fails and when I checked the logs, I noticed that it is using smb://mediaserver (which actually doesn't exist) instead of substituted path smb://192.168.10.5/....

I searched the forums here but didn't find any discussion about this related to DSPlayer.
Can someone please let me know if it's possible to provide substituted path to DSPlayer and how ?

Thanks
(2016-04-02, 17:09)Warner306 Wrote: The hope remains DSPlayer will remain compatible with madVR indefinitely. So far, this has been the case.

Just to make sure I understood correctly... the latest build aracnoz offered add the ability to customize madVR settings fields in DSPlayer in order to access new/modified madVR features from DSPlayer UI.

If one like me is used to configure madVR from madVR settings GUI, the latest aracnoz build doesn't do anything else right?
(2016-04-04, 09:34)djoole Wrote: Just to make sure I understood correctly... the latest build aracnoz offered add the ability to customize madVR settings fields in DSPlayer in order to access new/modified madVR features from DSPlayer UI.

If one like me is used to configure madVR from madVR settings GUI, the latest aracnoz build doesn't do anything else right?

Correct, if you have DSPlayer configured to loaded from the active Madvr profile then this doesn't matter for you.
Ok thanks, I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
(2016-04-04, 14:22)Talguy Wrote:
(2016-04-04, 09:34)djoole Wrote: Just to make sure I understood correctly... the latest build aracnoz offered add the ability to customize madVR settings fields in DSPlayer in order to access new/modified madVR features from DSPlayer UI.

Correct, if you have DSPlayer configured to loaded from the active Madvr profile then this doesn't matter for you.

Anything changed in the DSPlayer GUI will be saved in the madVR control panel. So adding these setting makes use of the madVR control panel less necessary as madVR can be adjusted by remote using the GUI and impact the same setting in the control panel.
aracnoz was back... and I wasn't online to thank him once more for all he did for DSPlayer. If you'll ever read, thank you.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Hi guys,

Despite the problems related to the passage of Kodi (and Kodi DSPlayer) from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11 that I'm personally still experiencing, I would like to have a clarification about the following point.

My personal motivation to go for DSPlayer is essentially due to the possiblity of using MadVR as video render and the related flexiblity and quality for image post processing that it offers. Taking a part this specific point, in relation to the video decoding, which is the main difference between the usage of LAV (Video) Filter with respect to DVDPlayer? So, I'm not referring to the possiblity to elaborate the image, but just to DXVA features that the two alternatives provide.

Thanks for any clarification.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2016-04-11, 12:52)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi guys,
Taking a part this specific point, in relation to the video decoding, which is the main difference between the usage of LAV (Video) Filter with respect to DVDPlayer? So, I'm not referring to the possiblity to elaborate the image, but just to DXVA features that the two alternatives provide.

Lav Filters are generally faster. But if you do use dxva features to decode, you may lose some of the post processing effects you could use with madVR. You may be better off using cpu, as modern cpu's can decode anything. Unless you are looking for x265 decoding, which is still pretty much fast enough on today's cpu's, but a 950 to 960 on nVidia side can decode it in the video card.

Now, in case i'm not understanding you, to make a further point, DVDPlayer can not use lav filters, and madVR will not work with DVDPlayer.
(2016-04-11, 14:33)spencerjford Wrote:
(2016-04-11, 12:52)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi guys,
Taking a part this specific point, in relation to the video decoding, which is the main difference between the usage of LAV (Video) Filter with respect to DVDPlayer? So, I'm not referring to the possiblity to elaborate the image, but just to DXVA features that the two alternatives provide.

Lav Filters are generally faster. But if you do use dxva features to decode, you may lose some of the post processing effects you could use with madVR. You may be better off using cpu, as modern cpu's can decode anything. Unless you are looking for x265 decoding, which is still pretty much fast enough on today's cpu's, but a 950 to 960 on nVidia side can decode it in the video card.

Now, in case i'm not understanding you, to make a further point, DVDPlayer can not use lav filters, and madVR will not work with DVDPlayer.

Thanks spencerjford for your answer. It is in fact quite clear that DVDPlayer does not use external filter as well as alternative video renders.

As you correctly depicted, my point was just on the DXVA decoding. Due to the actual CPU processing power, in fact, I'm honestly not expecting such a big difference in the overall performances between the two approaches (LAV Filters vs DVDPlayer decodings), correct? In other words, if I'm not intereseted in alternative video renders (e.g. MadVR), is there any reason to really prefer the use of LAV Filters?
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
  • 218(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47