• 422(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
I should mention you aren't gaining anything unless you are trying to decode something with software decoding. I am using the 64-bit build, but don't expect better performance.
Hi Warner,

Would you please confirm that deinterlacing isn't working with d3d11 decoding?
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
(2018-06-16, 11:40)sat4all Wrote: Hi Warner,

I don't have any deinterlaced content to confirm this. Try using deinterlacing in LAV Video instead.

In most cases, it doesn't matter which hardware decoder you use, if you are using D3D11 for perceived performance. Only the odd AMD user seems to see improved performance in madVR at 4K.

Edit: I did a Google search and I'm not sure deinterlacing has been added to madVR for D3D11. I'm really not sure if it should be working or not. Black bar detection and deinterlacing might both be missing and have to be coded into madVR.
Is anyone here using Launcher4Kodi?

The Windows 1803 update broke Launcher4Kodi, for me. When Kodi launches, I no longer get remote or keyboard response. I have to click on something with the mouse to get the remote back. Disabling Launcher4Kodi fixes the problem.

I can live without Launcher4Kodi and go back to manual automation, but it did make things easier.

I am also getting artificially lower render times with madVR, but that is not uncommon.
(2018-06-16, 17:09)Warner306 Wrote: Is anyone here using Launcher4Kodi?

The Windows 1803 update broke Launcher4Kodi, for me. When Kodi launches, I no longer get remote or keyboard response. I have to click on something with the mouse to get the remote back. Disabling Launcher4Kodi fixes the problem.

I can live without Launcher4Kodi and go back to manual automation, but it did make things easier.

I am also getting artificially lower render times with madVR, but that is not uncommon.
 I use it. No problems.
I wonder what I'm doing wrong? I already replaced it, so I guess there is no going back.
Maybe check your focus settings.
The problem was an AutoHotKey script. It no longer works with Windows 1803. Nothing to do with Lancher4Kodi.
i've had issues with autohotkey and win10 a few times, usually startup permissions, did you fix it?, i've got 1803 blocked still at the moment, if this is going to trash autohotkey this is a major issue for me.
still waiting for Kodi 18 DS.. no one here that can compile this ? No reason to wait for Kodi 18 final. Runs still perfect
(2018-06-11, 19:21)Warner306 Wrote: The settings labelled "high" should work with a GTX 1080 Ti. The ones labelled "medium" will work with a GTX 1050 Ti. If they don't work, report back and I'll change them. Obviously, haven't had the chance to test myself.
 Hey @Warner306 , Just a follow up from the advice you gave last week, the settings you linked me to in your thread detailing the "high level" settings worked perfectly with my 1080ti with no dropped frames. However, just wanted to ask if you could take a look at settings posted by a very knowledgable user on Avsforum called Javs. He too uses a 1080ti but seems to have very different settings to the "high level" settings you posted in your thread. For example, he seems to have enabled image upscaling for all profiles and not just 1080p as you have done.

Here is a link to the settings Javs has posted....please look at post 19647

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digita...st49919647

Also, if it's any help, my eyes love the sharpest image possible. Any adjustments I should make from what you've given in your example/ what Javs has provided settings to reflect this? For now, all I've done is on most NGU settings I've gone for NGU sharp as opposed to anti-alias.

Thanks for all the help you've given thus far!
(2018-06-18, 22:43)Gee11 Wrote: still waiting for Kodi 18 DS.. no one here that can compile this ? No reason to wait for Kodi 18 final. Runs still perfect
 stop asking, its not one of these things where if you dont ask it wont happen, its likely the opposite, there is no current Dev for this build, anyone who could compile is obviously busy, if it happens it happens and it will be a nice surpise, if it doesnt its just tuff luck.

Alternatively do it yourself.
(2018-06-18, 22:43)Gee11 Wrote: still waiting for Kodi 18 DS.. no one here that can compile this ? No reason to wait for Kodi 18 final. Runs still perfect
Why are you so desperate for Kodi 18 DS? What's wrong with the current version.. You should try to be a little more patient and grateful.. It's not as if your paying for any of these services..
(2018-06-16, 16:56)Warner306 Wrote:

I don't have any deinterlaced content to confirm this. Try using deinterlacing in LAV Video instead.

In most cases, it doesn't matter which hardware decoder you use, if you are using D3D11 for perceived performance. Only the odd AMD user seems to see improved performance in madVR at 4K.

Edit: I did a Google search and I'm not sure deinterlacing has been added to madVR for D3D11. I'm really not sure if it should be working or not. Black bar detection and deinterlacing might both be missing and have to be coded into madVR. 
Correct, madVR does not deinterlace videos when using D3D11; hopefully it'll be added at some point. On my main PC I use D3D11 decoding only for UHD videos so it's not a problem., but if you also need hardware decoding for HD content you're basically stuffed and have to use something else (e.g. DXVA2 copy-back).

I noticed some interlacing on LiveTV and TV recordings since I switched to d3d11 decoding in LAV. So seems like you are right that this doesnt work.
  • 422(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47