• 423(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2018-06-18, 22:43)Gee11 Wrote: still waiting for Kodi 18 DS.. no one here that can compile this ? No reason to wait for Kodi 18 final. Runs still perfect
 'compiling' is not the issue, the Kodi DSPlayer project first needs to merge the Kodi 18 changes. Which has not happened yet. It is also NOT a matter of just copying a few files - this is quite a big undertaking considering how many changes were done.
(2018-06-18, 20:16)mclingo Wrote: i've had issues with autohotkey and win10 a few times, usually startup permissions, did you fix it?, i've got 1803 blocked still at the moment, if this is going to trash autohotkey this is a major issue for me.
 Something in the script was broken, not AutoHotKey. It is unlikely you would have the same script.
(2018-06-19, 00:45)entourage2111 Wrote:
(2018-06-11, 19:21)Warner306 Wrote: The settings labelled "high" should work with a GTX 1080 Ti. The ones labelled "medium" will work with a GTX 1050 Ti. If they don't work, report back and I'll change them. Obviously, haven't had the chance to test myself.
 Hey @Warner306 , Just a follow up from the advice you gave last week, the settings you linked me to in your thread detailing the "high level" settings worked perfectly with my 1080ti with no dropped frames. However, just wanted to ask if you could take a look at settings posted by a very knowledgable user on Avsforum called Javs. He too uses a 1080ti but seems to have very different settings to the "high level" settings you posted in your thread. For example, he seems to have enabled image upscaling for all profiles and not just 1080p as you have done.

Here is a link to the settings Javs has posted....please look at post 19647

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digita...st49919647

Also, if it's any help, my eyes love the sharpest image possible. Any adjustments I should make from what you've given in your example/ what Javs has provided settings to reflect this? For now, all I've done is on most NGU settings I've gone for NGU sharp as opposed to anti-alias.

Thanks for all the help you've given thus far!  
 I've seen Jav's settings. They would result in a pretty similar image. He doesn't use profiles, so image doubling would be ignored for 4K content. It is obviously a better idea to create at least a couple of profiles.

If you want things to be sharper than what they are, you would have to experiment with upscaling refinements for 1080p content and image enhancements for 4K content. You might want to turn off all artifact removal, as well.
(2018-06-19, 15:18)solidservo Wrote:
(2018-06-18, 22:43)Gee11 Wrote: still waiting for Kodi 18 DS.. no one here that can compile this ? No reason to wait for Kodi 18 final. Runs still perfect
 'compiling' is not the issue, the Kodi DSPlayer project first needs to merge the Kodi 18 changes. Which has not happened yet. It is also NOT a matter of just copying a few files - this is quite a big undertaking considering how many changes were done.  
The Alpha build still has many known problems, so there is no hurry...

I should also mention it is possible that the existing DSPlayer code might not work with the new version of Kodi due to changes in the Kodi codebase.
(2018-06-19, 15:15)solidservo Wrote:
(2018-06-16, 11:40)sat4all Wrote: Hi Warner,

Would you please confirm that deinterlacing isn't working with d3d11 decoding?
 I noticed some interlacing on LiveTV and TV recordings since I switched to d3d11 decoding in LAV. So seems like you are right that this doesnt work. 
You should be able to do the deinterlacing in LAV Video before it gets to madVR.
Hi, having some random audio dropouts with Sanear and bitstreaming. PCM works fine. I've also tried default directsound device and MPC-BE audio renderer (standalone filter, MPC-BE itself is not installed), and neither of these have dropouts with either bitstreaming or PCM. So I guess for some reason Sanear isn't working on my system. So I'll stick with MPC-BC audio renderer, so my question would be, how do I change the properties of it?
(2018-06-19, 18:33)rick_dastardly Wrote: Hi, having some random audio dropouts with Sanear and bitstreaming. PCM works fine. I've also tried default directsound device and MPC-BE audio renderer (standalone filter, MPC-BE itself is not installed), and neither of these have dropouts with either bitstreaming or PCM. So I guess for some reason Sanear isn't working on my system. So I'll stick with MPC-BC audio renderer, so my question would be, how do I change the properties of it?
 Try updating to the latest version of LAV Filters. It is supposed to offer improvements for audio dropouts. You can replace the copies of LAV Filters in the DSPlayer directory with those from the latest LAV Filters release.

Don't know about MPC-BE. Is there a tray icon during playback or an entry in the Windows Start Menu? Did you try disabling Exclusive mode and disabling the system channel mixer? It should produce identical results to WASAPI Exclusive.
FYI -

HDR toggle no longer works with latest two versions of AMD drivers, i've had to go back to 18.2.2, mainly for other reaosns though, later driver may work but 18.5.2 and 18.6.1 no longer trigger the HDR mode on TV's.

I've logged this with AMD and added a bug report on MADVR in case there is a workaround that MADSHI can apply.

Doesnt with with windows 10 1709 or 1803.
(2018-06-20, 12:26)mclingo Wrote: FYI -

HDR toggle no longer works with latest two versions of AMD drivers, i've had to go back to 18.2.2, mainly for other reaosns though, later driver may work but 18.5.2 and 18.6.1 no longer trigger the HDR mode on TV's.

I've logged this with AMD and added a bug report on MADVR in case there is a workaround that MADSHI can apply.

Seems pretty sloppy to break that. I thought video games also used that feature.
I have a problem on Windows 8 that after I stop HDR playback the TV does not switch back to SDR. I have to restart KODI (DSPLAYER) every single time. Also ... Is the subtitle problem already resolved/worked on?

Odd, it still engages HDR on my machine with 18.5.2 and disengages (rx480) it.  And i'm on 1803.  But i have that blown out reds like you reported with SDR material and dx11 presentation path.  Does 18.2.2 not give that blown out reds?
(2018-06-20, 20:37)mjanek20 Wrote: I have a problem on Windows 8 that after I stop HDR playback the TV does not switch back to SDR. I have to restart KODI (DSPLAYER) every single time. Also ... Is the subtitle problem already resolved/worked on?
 There is no developer.   So nothing is fixed, or going to be fixed.
(2018-06-20, 21:00)spencerjford Wrote:

Odd, it still engages HDR on my machine with 18.5.2 and disengages (rx480) it.  And i'm on 1803.  But i have that blown out reds like you reported with SDR material and dx11 presentation path.  Does 18.2.2 not give that blown out reds?      
 here's the thing, I'm sure it was working for me fine too with 18.5.2 but I cant be sure, all I know is that I can only get it working with 18.2.2, i'll check the blown out reds and report back.

EDIT - blown out reds are back for me, I need to look into this further then, what I really need though is someone on 1709 who can confirm their is working ok with later drivers, both HDR and REDs

I make notes of all issues I have just in case, i'm going to go through to remined myself how I fixed the reds last time.

EDIT 2 I fixed me blown reds last time by installing 16.8.1 which fixed it, then installed 18.2.2 over the top and it remained fixed, this was likely a fluke but ill try it again

EDIT 3 - 16.8.1 fixes blown out reds but 18.2.2 broke it again for me, cant fix this at all now, even tried 18.2.1 on a fresh install. Cant use 16.8.1 because its too old, HDR doesnt work properly. No idea how I fixed it last time then.

note however, same applies as last time, if you disable DIRECT3D11 in MADVR it fixes it but this is required for HDR, this is why I think this is a problem with MADVR's impletmentation of HDR on AMD cards or the problem is a combination of both AMD and MADVR issues.

feck... arse...
(2018-06-19, 17:19)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-06-19, 00:45)entourage2111 Wrote:
(2018-06-11, 19:21)Warner306 Wrote: The settings labelled "high" should work with a GTX 1080 Ti. The ones labelled "medium" will work with a GTX 1050 Ti. If they don't work, report back and I'll change them. Obviously, haven't had the chance to test myself.
 Hey @Warner306 , Just a follow up from the advice you gave last week, the settings you linked me to in your thread detailing the "high level" settings worked perfectly with my 1080ti with no dropped frames. However, just wanted to ask if you could take a look at settings posted by a very knowledgable user on Avsforum called Javs. He too uses a 1080ti but seems to have very different settings to the "high level" settings you posted in your thread. For example, he seems to have enabled image upscaling for all profiles and not just 1080p as you have done.

Here is a link to the settings Javs has posted....please look at post 19647

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digita...st49919647

Also, if it's any help, my eyes love the sharpest image possible. Any adjustments I should make from what you've given in your example/ what Javs has provided settings to reflect this? For now, all I've done is on most NGU settings I've gone for NGU sharp as opposed to anti-alias.

Thanks for all the help you've given thus far!     
 I've seen Jav's settings. They would result in a pretty similar image. He doesn't use profiles, so image doubling would be ignored for 4K content. It is obviously a better idea to create at least a couple of profiles.

If you want things to be sharper than what they are, you would have to experiment with upscaling refinements for 1080p content and image enhancements for 4K content. You might want to turn off all artifact removal, as well.   
 Thanks, using the image enhancement on the 4K image done wonders! I'm having issues with using your settings on 1080p using a 1080ti. When I play most 1080p movies the movie starts to play fine but after 5 seconds the frame drops start to climb rapidly and the present queue numbers fall like crazy. Dropping the settings doesn't help either the frame drops just climb and climb and the video looks like it's being played on fast forward mode. 

The only way to stop it is to stop the video and start again but even then I have the same issue after 5 seconds of video play. This issue doesn't occur for 4k files, only 1080p.

EDIT - The same issue occurs for some 4k movies such as Inception. The frame drop climbs rapidly, the movie starts to play very quick and the present queue is 1-1/2 as opposed to 7-8/8.

EDIT 2 - This only seems to be happening with movies that have a DTS base soundtrack. Every movie that has dolby atmos is unaffected. Any ideas?
(2018-06-20, 21:00)spencerjford Wrote:

ok, this is odd. If I untick DIRECT3D11 in madvr my HDR toggle still works, this essentially fixes my blown reds problem, i couldnt get HDR to trigger at all without DIRECT3d11 enabled before, I am now using 18.3.4 though, still cant get 18.5.2 or 18.6.1 to toggle HDR though.

EDIT - i spoke too soon, it works using MPC-HC without DIRECT3D11 enabled in MADVR but doesnt work in KODI DS, for some reason KODI DS needs DIRECT3D11 enabled to get HDR, anyone any idea why this is?

EDIT 2 - ok, i've calibrated MADVR for BT2020 and I now get a normal picture, reds are fine, it should be DCi-P3 but is still way too red, the fact that setting MADVR to BT2020 fixes the blown reds suggests to me something in the driver is forcing SDR into a high colour gamut when MADVR is deployed or MADVR is reading SDR as HDR and triggering a higher colout gamut or something, no idea but i'm back to a fulling working system now.

So i'm using the following.

Latest MADVR 09214
latest LAV 0.72
AMD driver 18.3.4 (may still have to drop back to 18.2.2 as i'm not sure how stable this is)
using native D3D decoding.
3D and HDR triggers work, both start and stop with no loss of HDMI input.
DIRECt3d11 ticked
windowed mode in KODI DS on
FSE on in MADVR
refresh rate switching done by KODI DS
color space 4:4:4 full RDB 8 bit (switches to relevant 10 bit modes automatically)
  • 423(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47