Best Way to Revert to Gotham?
Hey all,

After upgrading to 14.x I've had a lo of new problems with the new mythtv PVR plugin.

The version for 14.x is apparently rewritten, and has been causing me random freezes in live TV streams (which can be brutal on a burn-in prone plasma in a household where no one pays attention but me :p

I tries reverting to the older Gotham cmyth based plugin, but it is not compatible with the 14.x Kodi API.

This means I need to revert back to Gotham so I can use the old cmyth plugin.

Since I am on Ubuntu I am using the PPA. I removed the kodi package and all the dependencies it pulled in using auto remove and then did apt-get xbmc, as I figured this package would install Gotham.

No such luck. The xbmc package is apparently just a forward to the kodi 14.2 package.

So what would be the best way to revert to Gotham on a Ubuntu install that is already up and running?

Appreciate any suggestions,
Matt
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD
Maybe compile from source:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/source/old/
(2015-04-05, 17:09)David1977 Wrote: Maybe compile from source:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/source/old/

I'd prefer to avoid that if at all possible. I prefer to only run programs installed by my distributions package manager

I wonder if this would do it.

"apt-cache showpkg xbmc" shows that 13.2 is still in there:

Code:
2:13.2~git20140817.2155-final-0trusty (/var/lib/apt/lists/ppa.launchpad.net_team-xbmc_ppa_ubuntu_dists_trusty_main_binary-amd64_Packages)
Description Language:
                 File: /var/lib/apt/lists/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_trusty_universe_binary-amd64_Packages
                  MD5: c715fd445ede63df73abecfe012c5dc2
Description Language: en
                 File: /var/lib/apt/lists/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_trusty_universe_i18n_Translation-en
                  MD5: c715fd445ede63df73abecfe012c5dc2

Once removing everything 14.x, I should be able to install it specifying the version as follows:

"apt-get install xbmc=13.2~git20140817.2155-final-0trusty"

followed by a:

"echo "xbmx hold" | dpkg - set selections"

In order to prevent it from upgrading to 14.2 again.

This is all as root, of course. If done using a regular user and sudo, it changes to:

"sudo apt-get install xbmc=13.2~git20140817.2155-final-0trusty"

and

"sudo echo "xbmx hold" | sudo dpkg - set selections"

I'm, not 100% certain about the syntax, as I have never done this before, but I am thinking it should work.

Does anyone foresee any issues in going this route?
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD
you perfectly ok with instaling specific versions and holding upgrade but all packages must be removed and reinstalled not just one.

You need xbmc xbmc.bin the pvr stuff etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Way to Revert to Gotham?0