14 day EPG showing 7
Hi,

I've set the EPG in Kodi to 14 days.

I've set up OpenElec with a MediaPortal back end and it works really well.

But the EPG will only display 6 plus a bit days.

Anyone know whats causing this - is it a setting in the MediaPortal backend?

Thanks
How many days does mediaportal show?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Where in MediaPortal do I look to find this?
(2015-05-24, 14:03)archie456 Wrote: Where in MediaPortal do I look to find this?

The TV guide Wink

Seriously though, it may be that your provider only provides 7 days of data. You'll need to provide more information, such as where you are getting your EPG data from, which part of the world you are in, etc.
But I'm only running the Media Portal backend, I don't think there is a guide available there?

Interestingly enough, I've noticed that the Kodi guide for BBC 1 is almost 12 days, whereas the guide for every other channel is 6 to 7 days...?

Also, in the MediaPortal TV Server config page, I'm using WebEPG to get the guide data (and I've set Grab days to 14), in the TV Mappings tab, most channels are mapped, but I can see that BBC 4 and London Live are blank, but when I look in Kodi, I can see the 6 or so days worth of guide...
(2015-05-25, 21:01)archie456 Wrote: But I'm only running the Media Portal backend, I don't think there is a guide available there?

Not visible, no. Might be worth installing the MediaPortal front end so you can see this data.

Quote:Interestingly enough, I've noticed that the Kodi guide for BBC 1 is almost 12 days, whereas the guide for every other channel is 6 to 7 days...?

Also, in the MediaPortal TV Server config page, I'm using WebEPG to get the guide data (and I've set Grab days to 14), in the TV Mappings tab, most channels are mapped, but I can see that BBC 4 and London Live are blank, but when I look in Kodi, I can see the 6 or so days worth of guide...

No idea I'm afraid. Sorry. Does WebEPG actually have 14 days of data? It can only give you what it has.
Well, things seems to have broken now.

I noticed that in the WebEPG settings, in the TV Mappings tab, I noticed that almost all channels were mapped to '1-xmltv.radiotimes.com' and in the Guide Days field showed 0

I assumed this to mean that WebEPG would not be able to download anything?

I then changed the mapping to '2-www.mydigiguide.com' which shows 10 in the Guide Days field.

After that, I noticed that the guide did not update past Sunday at all (today is now Thursday, no updates for 3 days now).

I changed back to '1-xmltv.radiotimes.com', but when I select 'Grab now' the Grabber Status Report seems to have got stuck on 'Writing Channel BBC 2' - which its now been on for 15 minutes or so.

So it looks like something has gone awry - Is there anyway to reset the whole thing - say delete the database and reimport?

Thanks
Don't bother with Mediaportals TV server EPG stuff. The mappings are crap and don't list many channels.

download xmltv GUI and setup the grabber for radio times. It works much better. If your using satelitte aswell have a look at epg collector.
(2015-06-28, 19:13)neild7744 Wrote: Don't bother with Mediaportals TV server EPG stuff. The mappings are crap and don't list many channels.

I disagree with this as a blanket statement.

It depends what type of TV signal you receive, and what data it provides.

DVB-T in the UK provides EPG data. MediaPortal's TV server receives this just fine, and everything works out of the box. There is no issue with the mappings, because the DVB-T stream provides data based on the channels.

Don't put people off using this based on one usage case.
All I'm getting at is software like EPG collector and XMLTV GUI give better 'customisation' for how you want your EPG presented in Kodi.

Having played about with Mediaportal TV Server EPG section I found it easier to install the xmltv add on and create my own TV guide.xml using other software.

Particularly in my case this is useful as I receive DVB-T uk freeview & DVB-S from astra 28.2 & hotbird 13.

In fact still trying to perfect hotbird 13 EPG...!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
14 day EPG showing 70