• 2(current)
TMDB Movie Scraper not working
Hopefully they will fix this , isn't working for me too
Well, glad I bumped to this thread.
I've tried connecting to themoviedb using wifi and cellular network and I still can't scrape newly added movies
Looks like we'll have to wait
(2015-05-29, 09:11)alucard89 Wrote: Well, glad I bumped to this thread.
I've tried connecting to themoviedb using wifi and cellular network and I still can't scrape newly added movies
wait? does post 12 not fix it?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Wew, at least I'm not the only one. I already reinstalled the whole thing on a new SD for my PI2 ... thought I broke it somehow.

So it's time to wait for a fix Blush
(2015-05-29, 10:05)nickr Wrote:
(2015-05-29, 09:11)alucard89 Wrote: Well, glad I bumped to this thread.
wait? does post 12 not fix it?

this happens when google leads you directly to page 2 of a thread ... just gone back to post 12 and will test it later
(2015-05-29, 04:03)exobuzz Wrote: Seems to have an original_language and overview field in the search results json.

these changes sort it for me - I'm somewhat rusty/unfamiliar with the tmdb scraper, so I may have missed something.

http://pastebin.com/gphuuUGt

Had some difficulties finding out what this post means. So here's a slightly more extended explaination.

WARNING: This worked for me on 1 of 2 OpenElec installations. So if you try this make sure you make a backup before
Was just the usual Windows vs. Linux EOL character issue. At the first test I just pasted the lines to replace leaving the LF line endings intact. At the 2nd installation i copied the whole block including CRLF linefeed characters. While scanning that files got somehow overwritten by kodi. So if you take care of the linefeeds this fix works well.

You've got to edit .kodi\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org\tmdb.xml of your Kodi Installation.
In my case it's OpenELEC for Paspberry PI 2, so I've plugged the SD-Card into my Laptop and edited the file using Notepad++ (Paragon ExtFS Drivers allow me to read Linux file systems on Windows).
The past from the previous post shows that you got to alter 3 lines.

This is the original block:
Code:
    <GetSearchResults dest="8">
        <RegExp input="$$3" output="&lt;results&gt;\1&lt;/results&gt;" dest="8">
            <RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;entity&gt;&lt;title&gt;\4&lt;/title&gt;&lt;id&gt;\1&lt;/id&gt;&lt;year&gt;\3&lt;/year&gt;&lt;url cache=&quot;tmdb-$INFO[language]-\1.json&quot;&gt;http://api.tmdb.org/3/movie/\1?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&amp;amp;language=$INFO[language]&lt;/url&gt;&lt;/entity&gt;" dest="3">
                <expression repeat="yes">&quot;id&quot;:([0-9]*),&quot;original_title&quot;:&quot;([^&quot;]*)&quot;,&quot;release_date&quot;:&quot;([0-9]+)-.*?&quot;title&quot;:&quot;([^&quot;]*)</expression>
            </RegExp>
            <RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;entity&gt;&lt;title&gt;\2&lt;/title&gt;&lt;id&gt;\1&lt;/id&gt;&lt;year&gt;\3&lt;/year&gt;&lt;url cache=&quot;tmdb-$INFO[language]-\1.json&quot;&gt;http://api.tmdb.org/3/movie/\1?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&amp;amp;language=$INFO[language]&lt;/url&gt;&lt;/entity&gt;" dest="3+">
                <expression repeat="yes">&quot;id&quot;:([0-9]*),&quot;original_title&quot;:&quot;([^&quot;]*)&quot;,&quot;release_date&quot;:&quot;([0-9]+)-</expression>
            </RegExp>
            <RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;entity&gt;&lt;title&gt;\2&lt;/title&gt;&lt;id&gt;\1&lt;/id&gt;&lt;url cache=&quot;tmdb-$INFO[language]-\1.json&quot;&gt;http://api.tmdb.org/3/movie/\1?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&amp;amp;language=$INFO[language]&lt;/url&gt;&lt;/entity&gt;" dest="3+">
                <expression repeat="yes">&quot;id&quot;:([0-9]*),&quot;original_title&quot;:&quot;([^&quot;]*)&quot;,&quot;release_date&quot;:null</expression>
            </RegExp>
            <expression noclean="1" />
        </RegExp>
    </GetSearchResults>

And this is the altered one:

Code:
    <GetSearchResults dest="8">
        <RegExp input="$$3" output="&lt;results&gt;\1&lt;/results&gt;" dest="8">
            <RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;entity&gt;&lt;title&gt;\4&lt;/title&gt;&lt;id&gt;\1&lt;/id&gt;&lt;year&gt;\3&lt;/year&gt;&lt;url cache=&quot;tmdb-$INFO[language]-\1.json&quot;&gt;http://api.tmdb.org/3/movie/\1?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&amp;amp;language=$INFO[language]&lt;/url&gt;&lt;/entity&gt;" dest="3">
                <expression repeat="yes">&quot;id&quot;:([0-9]*),&quot;original_language&quot;:&quot;[^&quot;]*&quot;,&quot;original_title&quot;:&quot;([^&quot;]*)&quot;,&quot;overview&quot;:&quot;[^&quot;]*&quot;,&quot;release_date&quot;:&quot;([0-9]+)-.*?&quot;title&quot;:&quot;([^&quot;]*)</expression>
            </RegExp>
            <RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;entity&gt;&lt;title&gt;\2&lt;/title&gt;&lt;id&gt;\1&lt;/id&gt;&lt;year&gt;\3&lt;/year&gt;&lt;url cache=&quot;tmdb-$INFO[language]-\1.json&quot;&gt;http://api.tmdb.org/3/movie/\1?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&amp;amp;language=$INFO[language]&lt;/url&gt;&lt;/entity&gt;" dest="3+">
                <expression repeat="yes">&quot;id&quot;:([0-9]*),&quot;original_language&quot;:&quot;[^&quot;]*&quot;,&quot;original_title&quot;:&quot;([^&quot;]*)&quot;,&quot;overview&quot;:&quot;([^&quot;]*)&quot;,&quot;release_date&quot;:&quot;([0-9]+)-</expression>
            </RegExp>
            <RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;entity&gt;&lt;title&gt;\2&lt;/title&gt;&lt;id&gt;\1&lt;/id&gt;&lt;url cache=&quot;tmdb-$INFO[language]-\1.json&quot;&gt;http://api.tmdb.org/3/movie/\1?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&amp;amp;language=$INFO[language]&lt;/url&gt;&lt;/entity&gt;" dest="3+">
                <expression repeat="yes">&quot;id&quot;:([0-9]*),&quot;original_language&quot;:&quot;[^&quot;]*&quot;,&quot;original_title&quot;:&quot;([^&quot;]*)&quot;,&quot;overview&quot;:&quot;[^&quot;]*&quot;,&quot;release_date&quot;:null</expression>
            </RegExp>
            <expression noclean="1" />
        </RegExp>
    </GetSearchResults>

As you can see 3 of the <expression repeat="yes"> tags have changed.

The previous post mentioned it includes the new "original language" and "overview" fields of the TMDB API. So the 3rd new "genre_ids" field is not considered here yet. But since it works for now I'll use this fix until the official updates comes.
Fixed in scraper version 3.8.1
any idea when and where this update is available nothing out there just yet?thanks for sorting by the way...
Kodi will auto-update the scraper eventually. Should be soon enough, couple of hours max.
(2015-05-29, 12:04)olympia Wrote: Kodi will auto-update the scraper eventually. Should be soon enough, couple of hours max.

Depending on when our scripts run, servers syncs and the last time your Kodi install has asked for new updates it could be up to 24 hours or so at max for auto update
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-05-29, 11:56)olympia Wrote: Fixed in scraper version 3.8.1

Thank you.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-29, 06:53)muncrief Wrote: It really is a problem. I opened the ticket at TMDB and when I found out it was a known problem I had to switch to using the Universal Movie scraper with iMDB. Unfortunately the iMDB is nowhere near as complete or intelligent as TMDB and I now have numerous unknown movies (mostly shorts for the kids, for example Toy Story shorts). I also had to change about 30 movie titles so the iMDB would recognize them. It doesn't like things like "Tremors 2", it wants the entire title like "Tremors 2 Back to Perfection". I hope the extra data fields can be added to the TMDB scraper as soon as possible. It is unfortunate that the developers at TMDB didn't give the Kodi developers any notice of the changes.

I wouldn't have gone that far. They have to fix it soon regardless. Using REGEX on JSON (Basically a web type of hash return) probably wasn't the best way to handle it which is why other tools weren't affected using that site, but it's also easy to fix. I suspect the fix to be extremely quick and possibly a more robust solution in the future. I also preferred the data from IMDB initially but it's incomplete and the consumer driven data at TMDB is just more there, although there can be some arguments on which dates to use but that's another issue.

OR, you can try to take it upon yourself with the above REGEX change. Make a backup if you do... Or wait for the above fix to propogate. It hasn't thus far on either windows or Ubuntu platforms forcing an update. May not likely apply to otherwise smart devices though without direct access to files through a conventional computer type setting.
I think we should contact the guy/guys that made the themoviedatabase add-on.

Any ideas of who they are? I check http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_Movie_Database but I can't see any info about they...
Maybe you should actually look couple posts up.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Same issue on RPi running OpenElec, if the update hasn't been pushed yet like mine didn't you can manually update it by downloading the package and installing it that way. (I.E. Settings -> Add-ons -> Install from ZIP package/Then Select the ZIP). Found this as went to the the Kodi addons page to try this but found that the latest version was still 3.8.0 so just change the link to 3.8.1 and what do you know it worked. Wink

LINK (Latest Version 3.8.1):
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham/me...-3.8.1.zip
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB Movie Scraper not working5