Nvidia Shield Android TV test builds
(2015-06-04, 14:36)drhill Wrote: What settings do we have to use to make sure the HD audio streams decode to PCM? Or does Koying's "* (not working HD audio)" note mean it isn't possible yet.

No, HD audio in any form (pass-through or PCM) is not working at this time.

(2015-06-04, 16:55)TitoXx Wrote:
(2015-06-04, 08:44)Kris404 Wrote:
(2015-06-04, 00:10)TitoXx Wrote: Distorted sound with pass-through on Vizio 5.1 soundbar.

Try changing to 'Fixed output' in 'Settings > System > Volume mode' and turning the volume all the way up in Kodi (right joystick).
Tried it, same results. Same thing happened on my RK3288 Beelink r89 device. The fix was I had to use optical out to the soundbar, the shield only has hdmi. The Netflix app doesn't play any videos with 5.1 either. Strange my PS3 hdmi bitstream works just fine.

Shield HDMI -> TCL TV -> COAX SPDIF -> VIZIO 5.1

According to posts in the Nvidia forum there may be a bug in relation to your setup. There are many people complaining about HDMI to TV, then SPDIF to whatever is not passing through 5.1 audio with Netflix.

However, several have said that pass-through is working in Kodi. But that may be a case by case basis. You'll probably have to wait for an update from Nvidia before this will be fixed.

(2015-06-04, 23:15)drhill Wrote: Ok thanks. Is this build not using the DTS Ma decoder that the RPi2 is?

No.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks.

I haven't found a pattern yet, but sometimes 24p mode isn't engaged when I start a video. If I keep backing out to the main screen (while playing) and then hit back one more time the 24p mode is engaged. Anyone else see this?
Is it possible to integrate the Kodi app with the home screen of the Nvidia Shield system? Would be awesome if recently watch and recommended movies showed up there. It would also be mind blowing if you could use voice search to find your movies.
(2015-06-05, 14:14)Magnus_Enarsson Wrote: Is it possible to integrate the Kodi app with the home screen of the Nvidia Shield system? Would be awesome if recently watch and recommended movies showed up there. It would also be mind blowing if you could use voice search to find your movies.
I have a POC for Kodi "recommendations", so it's technically working, although a bit awkward as those are only refreshed when Kodi is actually running (but they stick even if Kodi is closed).
The big question is: What to put there, considering we can have like 3 entries per app?
Hey Koying, just wanted to say thanks for your work.

Got my shield today, and its working great with kodi, no issues so far, 24p works great, its fast and fluid, and everything is just awesome.
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
3 entries? Hah. I posted this on the Plex forum for what is in my Recommended bar:

Quote:Plex Episode I am currently watching, you tube, youtube, Show #1 S03E12, #1S03E10, #1 S03 E09, #1 S03 E11, Show #2 S03E05, Show #3 S05E09 Show #1 S03 E17, a documentary I just watched, Plex Epsidoe I am currently watching... again, Google Play Movie, You tube, you tube, Show #1 S03 E07, Googel Play movies, Live Channel, Shield Hub game, shield hub info video, youtube, Show #1 S03 E05, Google Play Moves, youtube, Google play movies, youtube

Out of 26 entries the same show is on there 7 times and a show I am currently watching is there twice. Also, show #1 has never actually been watched but was downloaded over a year ago. Show #2 hasn't been watched in 2 years and Show #3 around that time too.

11 out of 26 entries were for Plex.

I would say recently added Movies/TV shows and whatever Kodi's equivalent to "On Deck" is. Is the reason it only refreshes with the app because you don't have a Kodi service running? If you did would you also be able to update the library every now and then too?
I just tested popcorn time, to see how it runs (not that great), all though i never use it, but just wanted to try it out.

I see now on the home menu, that the 6 items infront is from popcorn time, and its displaying the most popular movies that are out right now.

maybe not related to this, but saw your were talking about maybe adding things there from kodi
(2015-06-05, 14:28)Koying Wrote:
(2015-06-05, 14:14)Magnus_Enarsson Wrote: Is it possible to integrate the Kodi app with the home screen of the Nvidia Shield system? Would be awesome if recently watch and recommended movies showed up there. It would also be mind blowing if you could use voice search to find your movies.
I have a POC for Kodi "recommendations", so it's technically working, although a bit awkward as those are only refreshed when Kodi is actually running (but they stick even if Kodi is closed).
The big question is: What to put there, considering we can have like 3 entries per app?

For me personally i would like to have recently watch, just because my daughter have a couple of movies she allways returns to. It would be simple to rewatch these if they were avaible from the home screen. But recommendations and newly added seems like more logical choice for everyone.

When you say it's technically working, do you mean it is allready implemented in your latest build?

And THANK YOU for doing this! You are the man!
Dont know if this is a bug in the shield tv itself or the kodi build.

If i select passthrough ac3 and dts (my soundbar has support for those formats). If i try to change the volume on the remote, that controls the volume on the shield, i get high static noise, if i select the highest volume, the static goes away.

However this only happens if i have dts passthrough enabled. if i just leave ac3 i can use the shield tv remote to change the volume without static.

I could fix this by using fixed volume inside the settings on the nvidia shield tv, but then i need two remotes, one to change the volume then one to stop/pause/navigate xbmc.

Or isn't passtrough available? I mean it works when i passtrough dts and ac3, its just gives static if i try to change the volume with the optional remote. Which i guess controls the volume on the entire system, not just xbmc
(2015-06-05, 17:28)henrikyo Wrote: Dont know if this is a bug in the shield tv itself or the kodi build.

If i select passthrough ac3 and dts (my soundbar has support for those formats). If i try to change the volume on the remote, that controls the volume on the shield, i get high static noise, if i select the highest volume, the static goes away.

However this only happens if i have dts passthrough enabled. if i just leave ac3 i can use the shield tv remote to change the volume without static.

I could fix this by using fixed volume inside the settings on the nvidia shield tv, but then i need two remotes, one to change the volume then one to stop/pause/navigate xbmc.

Or isn't passtrough available? I mean it works when i passtrough dts and ac3, its just gives static if i try to change the volume with the optional remote. Which i guess controls the volume on the entire system, not just xbmc

The sonos playbar doesn't support DTS, only Dolby Digital and 5.1. That is most likely your issue.

See the thread below

https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/pleas...os_playbar
https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/playb...re_upgrade
So i just got my Shield yesterday

Sideloaded Kodi 15.0 latest beta
configured hdhomerun

not having too many issues, every once in a while it drops me back to the android tv desktop and i have to restart kodi. Normally that's when i kick off a random video file from my nas. If i go back in and restart it, it plays fine.
Also, i had seen some people having issues playing mkv files? I have had no problems whatsoever, Mine is working perfectly with those.

I will say, I am not doing 4k video, my tv is 1080P only. aside from that, kodi is running pretty damn good and i look forward to you guys ironing the finals bugs out for a truly stable release.

I will also say that HDHomerun is working pretty well, aside from a slight delay in changing channels, and hd streams sometimes take a couple seconds to buffer but otherwise play great. Oh and I am connected over wifi, 802.11n 5ghz. I realize if I go hardwired that it will most likely solve the delays, but I wanted to see how far i could get with it.
(2015-06-05, 14:28)Koying Wrote:

Personally, if possible I would say Favorites, that way someone could chose what appears instead of it being more random.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2015-06-07, 02:28)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2015-06-05, 14:28)Koying Wrote: I have a POC for Kodi "recommendations", so it's technically working, although a bit awkward as those are only refreshed when Kodi is actually running (but they stick even if Kodi is closed).

Personally, if possible I would say Favorites, that way someone could chose what appears instead of it being more random.

Half-a-dozen opinions, basically all different.
You see the issue Wink

I'll probably make it smart playlist based, overridable via advanced settings.
(2015-06-07, 11:44)Koying Wrote:
(2015-06-07, 02:28)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2015-06-05, 14:28)Koying Wrote: I have a POC for Kodi "recommendations", so it's technically working, although a bit awkward as those are only refreshed when Kodi is actually running (but they stick even if Kodi is closed).

Half-a-dozen opinions, basically all different.
You see the issue Wink

I'll probably make it smart playlist based, overridable via advanced settings.

Thanks Koying. One other feature missing from Kodi is that if you hit the home key Kodi closes while other apps will continue to play behind the launcher GUI. Is this intended or a limitation of the implementation? I can't really say that it matters one way or the other but did notice it.
Home = Kodi in background = video playback pause, by design, due to Kodi being designed differently than a standard android playback app.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV test builds1