• 5(current)
Solved can not send private message? who knows?
Ok, will check later if it works. The thing is that someone 'PMed' me and it's probably someone who might know the answer about this addon and i can't even answer yet - little frustrating.
And you @DarrenHill  probably know about this case because you've tried to help me in official thread. But ok i will try to answer some questions (familiar to me) and see if it works. Thanks.
We prefer questions and solutions in public, that way other people with them can give inputs and gain benefits too, as can future members as well. It saves repetition and duplication.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok, i will remember but first i need solution...(and still can't find a way to contact addon's author).
(2017-07-08, 09:12)Karellen Wrote:
(2017-07-08, 08:46)tommyhtc Wrote: I'm also getting the same problem. Does anyone how long the wait time will be/other requirements needed for us to PMs?

You just signed up. Your one and only post is to ask "how can I send a PM?"

What could possibly be so important... or secretive? 
Apologies for bumping a dead thread. But I just saw this, and I think I owe you guys an explanation.
I read the rest of the thread and I completely agree with the staff members' reasoning behind wanting more public posts. However, I wanted to contact the programmer behind a kodi plugin , and the questions that I was hoping to ask wasn't directly relevant to kodi/is probably also better to kept in private.
If that's something that you don't want users of the forum to do, that's fair too. Regardless, I was able to find him via something else and I appreciate your responses .
is it still ten posts?
Why the hell does a new user need PMs there is also a time limit on pms

Don’t spam post just to get pm status
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
Hello. Someone sent me a private message.
Upon clicking on the notification i get an error and it does not open the private message.
This is what i see when i click on the private message.

Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.
None of the items listed in the error seem to apply to me.
I have not had my account suspended nor banned
I should be able to open my private messages, thus i am not trying to access anything i should not be able to.
My account is listed as having been activated.
I used the link in the notifications and within my user panel.

Please advise on how i can read my private messages. 

Thank You.
Your account is too new (not enough valid posts made yet nor enough established time yet) and so PM privs are not enabled for it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
That note needs an update to include the new condition.

You are still a Junior Member, so you have privileges still unavailable to you. PM's is one of those. You still have a bit to go to obtain the standard privileges.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-12-27, 23:10)Karellen Wrote: That note needs an update to include the new condition.

You are still a Junior Member, so you have privileges still unavailable to you. PM's is one of those. You still have a bit to go to obtain the standard privileges.
 What must i do in order to receive the privilege of reading the private message that one of your major developers sent me.

I would like to read the message as it pertains to a question i asked in one of the developers threads and it may contain a solution to my issue.

It appears i can't even send the developer a message letting him know that i was unable to read his private message.

Thanks for your help.
(2018-12-27, 23:09)DarrenHill Wrote: Your account is too new (not enough valid posts made yet nor enough established time yet) and so PM privs are not enabled for it.

(2018-12-27, 23:10)Karellen Wrote: That note needs an update to include the new condition.

What must i do in order to receive the privilege of reading the private message that one of your major developers sent me.

I would like to read the message as it pertains to a question i asked in one of the developers threads and it may contain a solution to my issue.

It appears i can't even send the developer a message letting him know that i was unable to read his private message.

Thanks for your help.
We've spoken to the dev and clarified things.

In this case you should now be able to read the message.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-12-27, 23:46)DarrenHill Wrote: We've spoken to the dev and clarified things.

In this case you should now be able to read the message.

Thank you for fixing this.

I was now able to open this private message.

Hope you have a happy new year.
No problem. It's a generic anti-spam measure. But your case seems genuine so it's not required.

Kodi Blog Posts
I too am having an issue with private messages.  @micahg is attempting to help me debug an app and they asked me to turn on PM'ing to help the process.  Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere to activate this feature and suspect it's because my profile is too new or has too low a reputation.  Can this be bypassed in some way?

Thank you.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can not send private message? who knows?1