• 6(current)
Mod ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)
Oh crap, sorry about the 5x plot! I didn't have a plot long enough so I just repeated it so I could see it scroll. I'll take that out tomorrow, heading for a few beers now Wink

The 21:9 comes from the resolution. Any chance the rips you have have ripped the black bars also? So instead of being 1920x800 it's 1920x1080 with the black bars included? That might cause it to see 16:9.
Actually that repeating plot issue should be fixed now. Wink
Thank you

When it comes to video my rips are exactly what was on the disc so yes, they would have the black bars. I'm plenty familiar with why these show as 16:9. Was just wondering how you got yours to be different and didn't consider a rip removing the black bars.
also a bit curious.... How did you get The Theory of Everything to display a 21:9 aspect ration? In my experience the scanners always recognize these movies as 16:9
[/quote]

The whole thing with getting kodi to display correct aspect ratio is not easy. He probably has a file encoded in 800-816 pixels height (1920 width) then kodi will display 2.35:1 or 21:9 (skin dependent).
If you have your movies ripped from bluray and not encoded, they are all 16:9, with black bars in the frame, that is how bluray works. I guess the best solution would be to somehow edit that tag manually for every movie. The next best thing is to avoid the tag.
That goes for the 5.1, 7.1 audio channel tag as well. It is somehow a part of the current ffdshow and it just doesn't work, never did, i believe. Numerous threads around on this topic. It should be fixed with kodi 15, but still not it the beta. Best would be if you could edit it manually or avoid the tag.
Yeah the black bars are cropped during ripping leaving at 1920x800 res file.
Added to version guide per request, its set as for Helix but if it works for Isengard let me know so I can change it.
Nice work Smile
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
The weather screen looks much better however there is still one minor issue:

Original Nox (with highs/lows)

Scope Nox (without highs/lows)
(2015-07-12, 15:25)AEnz Wrote: The whole thing with getting kodi to display correct aspect ratio is not easy. He probably has a file encoded in 800-816 pixels height (1920 width) then kodi will display 2.35:1 or 21:9 (skin dependent).
If you have your movies ripped from bluray and not encoded, they are all 16:9, with black bars in the frame, that is how bluray works. I guess the best solution would be to somehow edit that tag manually for every movie. The next best thing is to avoid the tag.
That goes for the 5.1, 7.1 audio channel tag as well. It is somehow a part of the current ffdshow and it just doesn't work, never did, i believe. Numerous threads around on this topic. It should be fixed with kodi 15, but still not it the beta. Best would be if you could edit it manually or avoid the tag.

I already knew what a pain the aspect ratios were with bluray rips and apps like mediainfo since the black bars are part of the video file. I was resigned to manually edit the my NFO files to have the "real" aspect ratio. What I didn't know and have gotten a crash course on is that Kodi overrides the aspect ratio from the NFO after it has played the video. It looks like people have been trying to get this addressed for a few years but it does not look to be going anywhere soon. This being the case manually editing the aspect ratio in the NFO is just a waste of time.

This got me thinking... What about using tags instead? Tags seem like a good choice (they can even be used for playlists) but this would require the skin to use the tags when displaying the aspect ratio artwork. I'm not sure how difficult this is or even if Funkd would be open to the idea.

My thoughts on how to do this:
If there is a valid aspect ratio tag (as defined by the skin) then use this rather than the aspect ratio in the db.

Update: Upon further review I don't think tags are exposed for use in skins.

This whole aspect ratio thing really blows.
Yeah unfortunately I think the skins can only access certain information. I wouldn't be able to make that change. It's is a bit of a pain.
Oh and I'll sort the weather view tomorrow. Can't believe I missed the temperatures.....
Weather views sorted, also that scrolling issue with some long titles (being cut off) should be sorted also.

Latest release zip : https://github.com/Funkd/ScopeNox/releas...ox.1.2.zip

Apologies for the versions. You might need delete the old version (again!) Gotta figure out how to properly do these updates......
Ok I have an idea of what to do with the aspect ratio issue you guys have been having. Messing around with it here and what I can do is change it to show two aspect ratios. First being the Kodi aspect ratio, based of the video dimensions. This will still show 16:9 as normal. But also another aspect ratio based on the nfo. Not that straight forward and it will involve scanning the library again. But on a smaller scale to create these aspect images. I'm not 100% on how to get it to do this when new movies are added either so its going to be some trial and error and might not even work out!

Result is something like the following :

Do you have nfos for all your movies? And do they contain the correct <aspect> tags?
Yes, I have NFO's for all my movies but I'm not a fan of this plan. First, and this is just my own $.02 , displaying two aspect rations is ugly and confusing. More critical to me though is that I don't want each NFO file read every time a movie is selected when browsing. Doing this would 1) add a delay in displaying the data and 2) cause the disks where the NFO is saved to spin up when they otherwise don't need to

I'm not having any luck finding the thread again but I seem to recall reading about an option to put the AR in the file name but that the skin has to be programmed for this too.

Here is the post:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1358653
Could probably go the route you were thinking but use this method instead of the NFO file.
(2015-07-20, 06:09)pfp-az Wrote: Yes, I have NFO's for all my movies but I'm not a fan of this plan. First, and this is just my own $.02 , displaying two aspect rations is ugly and confusing. More critical to me though is that I don't want each NFO file read every time a movie is selected when browsing. Doing this would 1) add a delay in displaying the data and 2) cause the disks where the NFO is saved to spin up when they otherwise don't need to

I'm not having any luck finding the thread again but I seem to recall reading about an option to put the AR in the file name but that the skin has to be programmed for this too.

Here is the post:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1358653
Could probably go the route you were thinking but use this method instead of the NFO file.

Yeah I had thought on adding it to the title of the movie but there a few things that put me off it. Some people use different skins, I know in this case some might stick to this one as its in 2.35 format but some might still change. If they change then all of their folders/titles are going to have the aspect ratio in the name which would be messy and require the script to undo it. I get the point on the accessing the drives, it is something I had thought on also, the ar images (very small) would be local to Kodi. I can do the title rename, but as mentioned if you change skins you are going to have this displayed as part of the title. Need to check out some Kodi functions for stripping this info then. I could write a script to undo the changes too. Hard to believe this hasnt been fixed in some sort of way yet. Seems like it would be a simple change to the db or simply add a new entry.
Actually scratch that.... I have a few things to check out on what way title/paths are done... I'll get back to you. Foldername might be the way to go after all.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)3