• 2(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
(2015-07-24, 03:11)frankpc Wrote:
(2015-07-24, 01:55)brazen1 Wrote: Since 'enable stereoscopic settings for all 3D displays' is a Windows switch, there should be no difference Nvidia vs. Intel. However, since the code toggles 3D on and off via the Nvidia software, it will not be coded for Intel. If you research where the 3Dtoggle.exe (this is not the actual name but what it is) location is for Intel software (if it exists) I can add it for you simply so it's automated like Nvidia. I have no Intel GPU to try for you. I assume you are able to manually put your set in 3D mode and still function ok until then.

Thanks...

Gravity BD can be purchased with Atmos or 3D, but not both. And Gravity has nice Atmos and 3D - just not at the same time. Not that I'm saying that justifies having two copies of it :-)

I have looked for 'enable stereoscopic settings for all 3D displays' while switched to the TV and switched to the PC monitor. I think I have tried every combination. But since you feel I should be able to find it, I will look again.

To be clear: When the TV detects a 3D stream, it switches automatically. All my blu rays are iso's. The problem is, I have to manually switch to "Display 1" in windows, which switches off the PC monitor. Then I use the mouse on the TV screen to confirm the settings. it is inconvenient. I'll do the research you suggest. PowerDVD is set to "Play 3D movies as 3D". So switching 3D on and off isn't an issue - switching to the TV to allow the 3D to work is the issue. And I believe you are saying that can be automated.

Thank you for your support and patience!

Evidently, 'enable stereoscopic settings for all 3D displays' is a W8 offering and was not available in W7. To be honest with you, in my humble opinion, now that W10 will become mainstream, pursuing mods for an O/S that is outdated is redundant. It's been years since I used W7. From memory, I had to macro the sequence into an activity using my Harmony 900 remote to automate panel switching. Part of that sequence involved directing an X-10 module to turn my pc monitor on and off and the Kodi add-on http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=110392 which I still use to this day for my lighting automation. Most of this was able to be abandoned after upgrading to W8 because the O/S has it built in with the addition of 'PC Screen Only' using Win+P setting. If you discover another way to automate your hurdle within W7, I'll be happy to add it to the guide for W7 users. Since W10 is a free upgrade for W7 users, this may not be a bad idea? I'm not using W10 yet and look forward to input regarding this guide from those who are.

Gave this a little more thought. I may have an answer for you but I can't test it. No W7 test bed. But you can. You have to manually select display 1 and you want to automate that, correct? W7 Win+P settings are Computer Only, Duplicate, Extend, or Projector Only. Which one are you having to manually select that you want to automate? Might be able to add this to the .bats?

%windir%\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /external
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2015-07-24, 19:50)brazen1 Wrote: Evidently, 'enable stereoscopic settings for all 3D displays' is a W8 offering and was not available in W7. To be honest with you, in my humble opinion, now that W10 will become mainstream, pursuing mods for an O/S that is outdated is redundant. It's been years since I used W7. From memory, I had to macro the sequence into an activity using my Harmony 900 remote to automate panel switching. Part of that sequence involved directing an X-10 module to turn my pc monitor on and off and the Kodi add-on http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=110392 which I still use to this day for my lighting automation. Most of this was able to be abandoned after upgrading to W8 because the O/S has it built in with the addition of 'PC Screen Only' using Win+P setting. If you discover another way to automate your hurdle within W7, I'll be happy to add it to the guide for W7 users. Since W10 is a free upgrade for W7 users, this may not be a bad idea? I'm not using W10 yet and look forward to input regarding this guide from those who are.

Thanks! That is quite a bit of effort to switch the panels.

I am in the process of installing w 8.1 on a HD. I noticed it had the 'enable..." line, but didn't pursue that since I wanted to get the updates installed.

Like you say, w10 is just around the corner. I may set up my HTPC with dual boot; w7 & w8.1 - and just put Kodi on w8 for test. I will update this when I confirm that w8, Intel HD3000, and PowerDVD 15 work with your guide. I might buy a GTX 960 card to eliminate the Intel variable and to have the HTPC set up for 4K over HDMI with HDCP 2.2.

Thanks for your help
W 8.1 installed with all updates. I do get the "enable..." line when I select the 3D TV as the display device and I am using Intel HD 3000 integrated 'GPU'
Detail a bit more what else you are encountering that needs attention. I assume now that you have the windows switch for enable 3D, everything is compatible in the code(s) but you are having to manually enable that switch when you want to view in 3D? Or, does your panel switch without any further needed input? If the latter is the case, you will need to delete a line of code.

I know you understand this guide is referenced for Nvidia and not Intel or AMD at this time. Currently it gives non-Nvidia users most of what they would require. It is the Nvidia control panel switch for 3D on and off that makes this code unique as I have included the .exe for that switch.... automating it in the code. My goal, using you as the test bed, is to update this guide to also include Intel if you'd like to participate further. I don't know what the switch .exe is for Intel? I'm hoping it's in a program file that can be directed to the bat files, if it even exists or is in the Intel config. If you ever find it, assuming Intel provided a switch in their software, let me know as I have no Intel test bed.

I think instead of using GPU specific software switching, the better solution would be to locate the actual windows 'enable stereoscopic settings for all 3D displays' switch. The panel will switch into 3D mode using the Windows switch or the Nvidia switch. I coded it for Nvidia because I know where the switch is. I will look into locating the Windows switch when I get a chance so any GPU can work and all with the exact same code. Not sure this switch is easily accessible and a quick google reveals nothing. I have a feeling it's wrapped up in some .dll. If someone else happens to know, feel free to chime in.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Yes. I will be happy to pursue this. Since I got Windows 8.1 installed, I haven't had a chance to deal with it. I haven't installed any programs on W8. But I think tomorrow is available to me. Today, I purchased a GTX 960 card so that I would have Nvidia and 4K. But I want to test with Intel HD3000 while using Windows 8 to ensure it'll yield 3D before I install the GTX 960. I bought a 120 GB SSD for w 8.1. Right now it is complicated to use the 4 TB HD (which has w 8.1) for this because the UEFI 'BIOS' needs to be set differently to work with that than it does for the smaller HD's.

I too hope we can find the Intel switch.

I'll get back here tomorrow.
I've done some research for Intel GPU users. Please try this:
Install Intel Graphics Control Panel, Select 3D and enable. I think it is part of your Driver package and might be in Windows program menu already.
Windows Screen Resolution, Check Enable Stereoscopic 3D Settings for all Supported Displays and save.
Delete "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /disable from #1 .bat file.
Follow the guide using these edits and after everything is setup, play a 3D title from Kodi.

I suspect even with 3D enabled, there will be no aspect ratio problems nor will your panel always be in 3D mode when using 2D.
I also suspect even though 3D is enabled, it will only invoke it 'ON DEMAND'.

Let me know if there are any quirks.
Thanks.

Hi @brazen.

I'm following this thread because my 3d playback in kodi 15 is not smooth anymore. I'm using ati graphcs, powerful enough system.. but not ok... don't understand..

I think I tried all the suggested settings, but I don't see improvement. I would say at some point in the past the system was smooter but honestly I'm not sure about it either.

regards
Cut and paste your entire Kodi folder from your Roaming folder to your desktop.
Uninstall Kodi 15.
Install Kodi 14.2 and do not start Kodi yet.
COPY the Kodi folder on your desktop back to where you cut it from the Roaming folder.
Start Kodi and see if your problem with 'Smooth' is gone.

If it is, something in Kodi 15 is the culprit.
If it isn't, something is wrong in your settings or hardware and you'll need to provide more details.

You can install Kodi 15 again if you wish.
Just install on top of what exists.
However, you cannot install Kodi 14.2 on top of Kodi 15 and will need to follow the instructions above again if you decide to ever flip back and forth.
The original Kodi folder on your desktop is your backup.
When you don't need it anymore for testing you can delete it.

Photo 
(2015-07-25, 17:53)brazen1 Wrote: Install Intel Graphics Control Panel, Select 3D and enable. I think it is part of your Driver package and might be in Windows program menu already.
Windows Screen Resolution, Check Enable Stereoscopic 3D Settings for all Supported Displays and save.
Delete "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /disable from #1 .bat file.
Thanks.

Hi. I didn't realize you had posted. To let you know where I am:

I "rem'd" both nvidia lines in RunISO.bat -- right? Or did you want to leave the one there.

With W8.1, I did enable stereoscopic...

I do have the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel. And there is a tab, "3D". But I am not sure what you mean by "enable". I don't see that option. Let me know. To be sure we are talking about the same panel: It gives me the option of Basic, Advanced, and Wizard. Under Basic, and Advanced are three Tabs, one of which is 3D.

I am not positive where the Control Panel came from. But in order to get 3D to work - whether in Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, I had to install the Intel HD drivers even though all my Windows updates were current. I think the panel may have been installed then. But I don't know. But I believe I have the most recent control panel.

I appreciate your work on this. I have been working on my MSI GTX 960. But at such time as Skylake comes out, I would guess many people will rely on its Intel integrated graphics for 4K and 1080p-3D. Your guide will be even more valuable.

I am going through Kodi now. The screen shot for the first set of settings is the wrong one.

Madnox and Shednox are not available.

Another Update: I just tried it !!! It works great. I started 3 different 3D movies from Kodi and they all started PowerDVD 15 and the movie played. Only problem is when the movie is stopped, you have to manually exit from PowerDVD (I clicked the 'x' in the upper right corner with a mouse). But after exiting from PowerDVD, Kodi is brought back in focus to the same screen from which you left. I then started a 2D movie and it worked just fine. It started PowerDVD and the movie played. But again, you have to manually exit from PowerDVD to be returned to Kodi.

Is there something else I should check? I am using Kodi 15 btw. My Intel i5 2500k processor uses HD3000 graphics.

Great job! It works well just as it is.
Yes, if you aren't using Nvidia, there is no need for the code to switch it although it won't hurt anything if you leave it.

I don't have Intel so I don't know the exact settings to enable 3D but a little research showed a 3D tab and I just want to make sure it's enabled however it's done.
As I wrote, I think the control panel for Intel installs with drivers just like Nvidia.

"I am going through Kodi now. The screen shot for the first set of settings is the wrong one."
What's wrong with my screenshots?

"Madnox and Shednox are not available."
No idea what you mean? Shednox is outdated now. It's been replaced by MadNox. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=230821 Other skins may work perfectly as well. MadNox is just my preference and it's a very friendly thread.

TMT or PDVD do not exit upon completion. When a Blu-ray is done playing, it always returns to it's menu so there is never really a completion for it to switch itself to close. As I wrote in the guide, you must manually exit the external player by using your mouse and closing it, your keyboard by alt+f4, or as I've done, map alt+f4 as a key on your remote. Once it's closed Kodi will take focus again.

It does sound as if there really are no quirks using Intel method above and I will update the guide to include the info.
Thank you for confirming. My concern with Intel is that aspect ratio using 3D and/or Frame interpolation is proper. Some GPU's struggle to keep aspect ratio correct. I've given you a rep point for your help. Any other points of interest or questions, feel free to post. Thanks again and glad you got it sorted. One last thing. Please rate the thread star rating as you see fit. Someone thought it a good idea to 1 star it since it competed with their vague outdated guide that doesn't include 3D or updated code.

(2015-07-30, 16:44)brazen1 Wrote: Yes, if you aren't using Nvidia, there is no need for the code to switch it although it won't hurt anything if you leave it.

I don't have Intel so I don't know the exact settings to enable 3D but a little research showed a 3D tab and I just want to make sure it's enabled however it's done.
As I wrote, I think the control panel for Intel installs with drivers just like Nvidia.

"I am going through Kodi now. The screen shot for the first set of settings is the wrong one."
What's wrong with my screenshots?

"Madnox and Shednox are not available."
No idea what you mean? Shednox is outdated now. It's been replaced by MadNox. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=230821 Other skins may work perfectly as well. MadNox is just my preference and it's a very friendly thread.

TMT or PDVD do not exit upon completion. When a Blu-ray is done playing, it always returns to it's menu so there is never really a completion for it to switch itself to close. As I wrote in the guide, you must manually exit the external player by using your mouse and closing it, your keyboard by alt+f4, or as I've done, map alt+f4 as a key on your remote. Once it's closed Kodi will take focus again.

It does sound as if there really are no quirks using Intel method above and I will update the guide to include the info.
Thank you for confirming. My concern with Intel is that aspect ratio using 3D and/or Frame interpolation is proper. Some GPU's struggle to keep aspect ratio correct. I've given you a rep point for your help. Any other points of interest or questions, feel free to post. Thanks again and glad you got it sorted. One last thing. Please rate the thread star rating as you see fit. Someone thought it a good idea to 1 star it since it competed with their vague outdated guide that doesn't include 3D or updated code.

If you look at the first screen shot of Kodi in your guide, you will see it is not the right one for your description. It is duplicated about 3 screen shots down. It is 'Video' related, but it is the 'system' video. Right?

When I chose to change the skin, neither Madnox nor Shednox were available. I will look again and install the MadNox one. I was just looking at the set up from another's point of view - as though I might not have known to look more deeply.

Another consideration to make things easier, might be to provide a little guidance insofar as setting the virtual drive letter designation to 'A'. That process takes to an area that most people never go to.

Bottom line is that there are no quirks. Aspect ratio does not change. Process works fine. I will map the PowerDVD 'exit' key as you propose.

Your guide is fine. But brace yourself for Windows 10, Skylake, and 4K.

Thanks!
Ahhhh. Corrected screenshot now. Thanks for pointing that out.
MadNox must be manually installed. It will not appear in Kodi skins as an option.
Updated how to change drive letter.
Great to know aspect ratio is good and no quirks.
Updated guide for Intel.
Slight code changes.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Glad I could help a little.

Thread rating should be higher. I don't know how your guide could be more helpful or be able to accomplish the intended purpose of the thread more than it does.

Thanks!
well... today I installed Windows 10 and... the problem dissapeared, total smooth playback, both 2D and 3D

I guess not because of win 10 but because of fresh install of everything, cos this also worked in the past...

very unstable all overall..
(2015-07-30, 23:50)VictorG Wrote: well... today I installed Windows 10 and... the problem dissapeared, total smooth playback, both 2D and 3D

I guess not because of win 10 but because of fresh install of everything, cos this also worked in the past...

very unstable all overall..

I hate to hear it is unstable. What problems are you having?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39