• 4(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
Sure, I'll help you out. This solution is also unique since I could find no reference to this behavior anywhere and it's not elegant. I've been using it for about a month now. My PC is an 'All In One' box and there are no side affects for other computing uses. Windows 10 behavior with Nvidia wants stereoscopic to always be enabled and after booting into windows they do exactly that. This presents multiple problems developers did not consider for some users under certain circumstances. Unfortunately, toggling stereoscopic on and off in a .bat command no longer works properly with the switch using W10 so this is how to fix that bug. This new task will now toggle nvstlink to disable when user starts or logs on to windows. When 3D is needed, the code will enable and disable when it's no longer needed so everything functions normally during a session. Upon the next start or logon, this task will ensure another smooth transition. This is important because a session may consist of various 2D and 3D viewings.
I'm going to assume you and others can read the directions without pics. There are many ways to do this but I suggest you do it exactly like this:

Open Task Scheduler.
In the left pane, highlight Task Scheduler Library.
In the right pane, select New Folder and name it Stereoscopic.
In the left pane, expand Task Scheduler Library.
Right click Stereoscopic folder and select Create Task.

General tab/Name/ type Stereoscopic.
Check Run only when user is logged on and Run with highest privileges.
Configure for: Windows 10 or whatever your O/S is.

Triggers tab/New
Begin the task: At startup.
Enabled is the only thing checked.
Select Ok.
Select New again.
Begin the task: At logon.
Check Any user and Enabled then click Ok.

Actions tab/New
Start a program.
Browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe".
Add arguments (Optional): Type /disable.
Click Ok.
Click Ok again.

When windows boots to the desktop, your panel will flash to black for a moment. This is stereoscopic being disabled via your new task and allows the codes to function as they did using older O/S's and drivers.

Please rate this thread as you see fit and let me know if this works as well for you as it does for me.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Thanks for your detailed hint! Unfortunately it doesn't help to initialize the stereoscopic mode via the nvidia Control panel and toggle with nvstlink.exe afterwards. In my case the stereoscopic mode never works when I toggle it on via nvstlink.exe even though I switched it on before in the nvidia Control panel. Though, when I use the nvidia Control panel only 3D mode works.
Unfortunately it doesn't help to initialize the stereoscopic mode via the nvidia Control panel and toggle with nvstlink.exe afterwards.

It's not supposed to. The 2 .bat files do and only when the proper rule is called via the playercorefactory.xml. This fix does exactly the opposite and forces windows and NVidia to disable 3D on boot so that when a 2D file is played, it isn't trying to play while everything is in 3D. When a 3D title is played, playercorefactory looks at the rules and hands it off to the 3D.bat. In turn the bat triggers nvstlink to enable during playback and disable when finished. This way you can play a 2D title right after you play a 3D because 3D has been disabled. After a reboot, the nvstlink is not going to function 100%. I know it used to prior to W10 and Nvidia driver upgrades. It simply does not work correctly anymore. You may think it's working, and there are a few indicators that also think it's working, but it isn't.

In my case the stereoscopic mode never works when I toggle it on via nvstlink.exe even though I switched it on before in the nvidia Control panel.
Though, when I use the nvidia Control panel only 3D mode works.

Yep. That's the problem. I ran into the same thing. That's why I diagnosed and provided the fix. Why are you toggling and switching manually for anything? You DO NOT want to enable 3D manually no matter what you are used to, what you have read, what you've been told, or what your common sense says. Let the code do it. I suggest you follow the guide slowly and precisely and 2nd guess nothing. 1 little mistake is all it takes for things to malfunction, otherwise it's working pretty decent here. If you're certain you have done everything correctly, I have no answer for you without more precise details that would help me understand what is malfunctioning for you. Start at the beginning. Reboot. Open Nvidia control panel stereoscopic tab. Is it unchecked? It should be. Play a 3D title and minimize your external player and Kodi. Is stereoscopic checked now? It should be. Etc. Please don't forget to rate the thread. Thanks.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
what do you guy's use for remote under kodi/external player?
I bought a beautiful Harmony ultimate home remote, and Flirc dongle...but I'haven't time much to experiment with it yet, so far the logitech remote work really well with kodi because they have kodi keymap compatibility ready under harmony software...it's easy
however when I use an external player, 3d.iso bluray load with power dvdv 15 fine but I lose the ability to command with the same activity Sad I need to switch to a different device like ( microsof MCE) to have the keymap of a keyboard to be able to exit (ALT +F4) and return to kodi and I haven't yet fund a keymap to navigate to munu/pause ect with power dvd with my harmony remote

also I have the official Kodi remote app for my ipad and I really love it!!! however it work only with kodi.
I just want to make it simple with one remote as much possible thanks
Hi, I need your help.
I installed Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC2, it works all right.
Now I would like to use, for viewing the ISO3D, powerdvd.

I have this setting:

<playercorefactory>
<rules action = "prepend">
<rule protocols = "daap | rtv | rtmp | rtmpe | mms | rtp" player = "DVDPlayer" />
<rule name = "PVR Radio" filename = "pvr: //channels/radio.*" filetypes = "pvr" player = "DVDPlayer" />
<rule name = "All Other" player = "DSPlayer" />
</ rules>
</ playercorefactory>

What should I add?

Thanks
How to map a remote button to Alt+F4?

I followed the following for MCE remotes:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:MCERemote

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=88262

MAKE SURE YOU RUN KODI IN ADMINISTRATOR MODE AND SAVE YOUR CONFIGURATION
I use a Harmony 900, an HP usb transceiver and an IR543 to control Kodi and PDVD.
Every component is hidden and out of line of sight.
I also use X-10 devices with an add-on to control lighting, bass shakers, hardware demand on/off, etc.
I don't use Flirc, event ghost or anything else because there is no need.
Every function imaginable is done from the couch with this one remote including cable tv, antenna tv, and of course, Kodi.
All activities fire up and are ready for use with one button press.
I can't help you with different remotes but I can tell you, a good remote control is a huge part of a fully automated system experience and worth as much investment as the rest of the hardware. A system is only as good as it's weakest link.
I don't run Kodi in admin mode because that brought on issues in the past. Don't recall what those issues were at the moment?
Been a long time since I set up this Harmony but to control Kodi and PDVD I use a blend of these 3 devices:

Manufacturer : Microsoft, Model : XBMC

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Re...m-p/374844

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Re...m-p/346517

Brazen1 ! many thanks for thei wonderful thread.I setup my windows 10 with Kodi 15.2 & madnox.using your code & batch files things are working well. Only a few minor niggles.
1- PDVD dosen't start for bluray iso's with cinema mode , Shall I just change to Standard but fullscreen mode in settings ?
2-I use a Harmony One and have managed to find Cyberlink PDVD 7.3 remote Mappings in the Harmony software. It is controlling everything EXcept a- cannot STOP ( its mapped to S on keyboard ) and b- does not automatically closed PDVD so as to return to Kodi.
3- also if i sometimes play a .STRM file it also opens PDVD/ external player.
I am very happy with using native Kodi player for ALL except the Bluray ISO.
heres my Playercorefactory which i have tried to mod with some success.
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="3D" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PlayISO3D.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
</player>
<player name="2D" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PlayISO2D.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi" player="dvdplayer"/>
rule filename=".*.3D.SBS.*|.*.3D.TAB.*|3D.OU.*" player="2D"/>
<rule filename=".*.3D.*|.*.3D.iso|3D.*" player="3D"/>
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts" player="2D"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
You do not want to open an iso in cinema mode.
Code is designed to recognize iso and open in classic mode.
Option to open in cinema mode is ONLY for file structure that is not in a container such as an iso.
Cinema mode is the only way to navigate titles that are file structure but it has it's downfalls.
Cinema mode introduces a .2 ms lag in audio that is awful during playback.
Cinema mode has no audio delay adjustment but classic does.
If you adjust the audio delay in your avr, then there will be .2 ms ahead audio that is awful for all other inputs like non-Blu-ray and TV.
Rip to iso to avoid all problems and use classic mode unless all your rips are file structure and avr settings are exclusive otherwise there will be audio delay conflicts among input devices and file types.
You can manually set the audio delay in your avr or ignore the offset every time you change inputs or file types but the point is to have everything automated and as simple as possible once everything is setup correctly.

I tried using the PDVD device as part of the blend in my Harmony setup. I deleted it and used a blend of the 3 devices I posted earlier. This blend works for Kodi and PDVD simultaneously and perfectly. I don't believe there is any navigation or playback control it fails to do including opening the PDVD config menu and navigating all the options during playback so one can choose audio, subs, etc. from the couch. If there are enough requests, I will post pics of the button assignments and devices used. I have been reluctant to do this because I'm using an outdated Harmony 900 and the current model is the Harmony One. I have no idea if the 2 are similar enough to use the same config? Fwiw, the "Stop" button indeed works and when pressed returns to PDVD Main menu. Mapping Alt + F4 closes PDVD and returns to Kodi in focus.

The only niggle I have at this time is .flv file types SOMETIMES like to open in PDVD instead of Kodi internal player. This is noticeable when selecting Play Trailer. PDVD does not play it and I wouldn't want it to anyway. .flv is not associated with PDVD. So I close PVDV, select Play Trailer again and it opens in Kodi as it should. I will test adding flv to dvdplayer code soon and maybe it will assign it and avoid PDVD. Same with .mov and .strm as you have pointed out.

You can try editing this line and report back. If it works for you, I will update the guide since I have no .strm or .mov files to test.

From this:
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi" player="dvdplayer"/>

To this:
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|strm|mov|flv" player="dvdplayer"/>

Fwiw, code updated recently changing lines with xbmc to kodi. Not mandatory to update.
Please star rate thread as you see fit.

Hi Brazen,
Thanks for the reply, just checking now with amended code.
It would be a great help if you could post the pics of button assignments.
How to map ALT+F4 for harmony ( ? just add as button )
Also I very frequently get "another PDVD is currently running "which prevents seamless execution?
Thanks
Update : I have managed to successfully use the MCE keyboard profiles & mapped proper stop & ALT+F4 keys to harmony one and is indeed working without any problems.
Ocassinally with .STRM & MOV files it still loads ( even with the further medded code ) on the first instance with PDVD, the next time it does use the dvdplayer. So a bit hit & miss but nothing too problematic.
In all for my Bluray ISO & external playback.. I am happy & thankful to you for this wonderful post.
Cheers M8
There's no 'argument'... I understand your point about 'other' cards. So the Sapphire arrived, but I still see 3D Full Blu-Ray 1:1 ISOs in 2D..
@Concestly

I think you posted in the wrong forum?

Google shows me your entire copy and paste was originally in avsforum a year ago.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...ed-2d.html

Is there something you need help with here?

brazen1,
Thank you for the nice instructions. I have couple of questions for you before I start testing this out:
1) what Windows OS do you recommend? I am planning to install Kodi on Intel NUC i5 and wondering if there are benefits to stay on W7 or installed W8,1 or even W10
2) Which software has better integration with your script? TMT5. TMT6 or PowerDVD 15?

Thank you again,
Tal.
This guide will work on any Windows version past or present.
Arcsoft has retired the TMT product.
I suggest W10 and PDVD.
These are problem free and current.

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39