• 11(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
(2016-11-20, 11:48)Lucas Rey Wrote:
Quote:Although PDVD opens via Kodi script(s), it will not close automatically upon title completion. I mapped alt + 4 to my remote. This kills it and returns you to Kodi still in focus and in fullscreen as you left it.
Is there any other way to kill powerdvd after pressing stop on remote?
I tried to add to PlayISO.bat the following command: taskkill /f /im PowerDVD.exe

So now the script looks like:
Code:
"C:\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\PowerDVD16\PowerDVD.exe" E:
"C:\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
taskkill /f /im PowerDVD.exe
exit
But is doesn't work. It just stops to unmount BD.

Hi to you Lucas. Here's how I solved this problem. Enjoy :-)

Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO startpdvd) ELSE (goto retry)

:retry
timeout 3
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO startpdvd) ELSE (goto end)

Confusedtartpdvd
REM "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" /LaunchProgram PowerDVDCinema
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\PDVDLP.exe" /LaunchProgram PowerDVDCinema
timeout 2

:mountiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
IF EXIST E:\BDMV\. GOTO playingiso
IF EXIST E:\VIDEO_TS\. GOTO playingiso
timeout 1
timeout 2
timeout 3
GOTO ejected

:playingiso
timeout 2
IF EXIST E:\BDMV\. GOTO wait
IF EXIST E:\VIDEO_TS\. GOTO wait
GOTO ejected

:wait
timeout 3
GOTO playingiso

:ejected
REM taskkill.exe /IM PowerDVDCinema11.exe
taskkill.exe /IM PowerDVDCinema.exe
timeout 3
taskkill.exe /IM Activate.exe
GOTO end

:end
Thank you Roger79, I solved for now mapping alt+f4 on my harmony remote. However I'll keep your script just in case! Wink
Can i do a stupid question?
ok here we go.
i have a lot of 3d mkv´s movies (ALL SBS) . My tv it´s a LG 47 smart 3d connected to my htpc ( gt710) via hdmi conector.

when i play 3d mkv files in kodi, i press 3d button of my TV remote control, then tv ask me for image format (select side by side format) and only remaind to put my glasees to see a perfect 3d movie.

so i can´t understand the functionaly in kodi setup (setting/system/display) of stereoscopic section. can you explain me ?
The Stereoscopic (current) mode has choices that can be made DURING playback in case it has not switched automatically and to show you what mode it is currently in. When you are not playing 3D, it should show DISABLED. When you are playing your SBS, it would show SBS. In the event you want the Kodi GUI to show in 3D, you would select the mode you prefer. Most people don't but if you want to see the GUI in 3D, select your preferred mode.

Preferred mode:
That adjustment in Kodi is for choosing how you want the Kodi player to respond when you start a 3D title. Some users have a mix of 3D formats like SBS, TAB, etc. Normally, you would want Kodi to choose the mode automatically and make use of the feature. So, you would select Same as Movie and let Kodi do the selecting. For some reason, like a conflict in proper mode switching, you might want to intervene and have the Kodi player select only the mode you prefer, such as SBS in your case. In the event you played another format like TAB, you would be locked in SBS and TAB would not display.

The common settings most use are Disabled and Same as Movie.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
So hope PD 17 comes out in April like most other versions. Pre Ordered a 7th Gen NUC and want 3D via the HDMI 2.0 port.
I think the perfect storm is coming in April too.
W10 creators update for native HDR video, at least 2 UHD internal and external ROMS (Pioneer and LG), and PDVD 17 HDR 10 @60fps.

HDMI 2.0 3D MVC using Nvidia at 4k is functioning and has been for some time. Intel graphics is not. Either purposely or by design. Down converting via an HDMI cable adapter appears problematic as well. Did you try PDVD through the Intel 2.0 port on your prior NUC's? Everything should be able to use 4k settings and not be limited to 1080 for a decent setup imo.

https://hdguru.com/pioneer-cyberlink-rev...er-bundle/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerDVD

https://wccftech.com/windows-10-creators...-april-11/
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2017-03-13, 21:03)brazen1 Wrote: I think the perfect storm is coming in April too.
W10 creators update for native HDR video, at least 2 UHD internal and external ROMS (Pioneer and LG), and PDVD 17 HDR 10 @60fps.

HDMI 2.0 3D MVC using Nvidia at 4k is functioning and has been for some time. Intel graphics is not. Either purposely or by design. Down converting via an HDMI cable adapter appears problematic as well. Did you try PDVD through the Intel 2.0 port on your prior NUC's? Everything should be able to use 4k settings and not be limited to 1080 for a decent setup imo.

https://hdguru.com/pioneer-cyberlink-rev...er-bundle/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerDVD

https://wccftech.com/windows-10-creators...-april-11/

I did not get chance to try it. I should have.
Hi ther!! thanx for first answer; now go to second:

Just to put it clear..

i have nvidia Gt710

I use external player just to play Bluray´s (2d and 3d) in PDVD

I follow your guide (post nº1) but differ from your that i mount my iso´s with internal PDVD drive

so the question is.. the only way to activate 3d stereoscopic in nvidia panel before play 3d bluray it´s via contextual menu creating your 3D ENABLE.bat?

there is a way to automate via playercorefactory?

thanx
(2017-03-14, 15:57)defleppard Wrote: Hi ther!! thanx for first answer; now go to second:

Just to put it clear..

i have nvidia Gt710

I follow your guide (post nº1) but differ from your that i mount my iso´s with internal PDVD drive

so the question is.. the only way to activate 3d stereoscopic in nvidia panel before play 3d bluray it´s via contextual menu creating your 3D ENABLE.bat?

thanx

Set Nvidia stereoscopic and Windows stereoscopic to ON and always leave them enabled.
You won't need an ISO.bat or any virtual rom installed.
When you select a Blu-ray .iso 2D or 3D, it will default to open with PDVD. When you select anything else, it will default to open with the Kodi player. You won't have to choose from the context menu and will automatically open to the correct player.

Just use this playercorefactory.xml. You may need to change the version 16 of PDVD to match yours in this line:
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PowerDVD.exe</filename>

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
   <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidekodi>false</hidekodi>
     <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts" player="PowerDVD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

(2017-03-14, 17:25)brazen1 Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 15:57)defleppard Wrote: Hi ther!! thanx for first answer; now go to second:

Just to put it clear..

i have nvidia Gt710

thanx

Set Nvidia stereoscopic and Windows stereoscopic to ON and always leave them enabled.
You won't need an ISO.bat or any virtual rom installed.
When you select a Blu-ray .iso 2D or 3D, it will default to open with PDVD. When you select anything else, it will default to open with the Kodi player. You won't have to choose from the context menu and will automatically open to the correct player.

Just use this playercorefactory.xml. You may need to change the version 16 of PDVD to match yours in this line:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
   <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidekodi>false</hidekodi>
     <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts" player="PowerDVD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

ok; but my problenm is; if i leave always on stereoscopic 3d on in nviadia control panel ; my 3d tv recognize a 3d patron even if i play a 2d movie,
What are your specs? O/S, 4k or 1080? I only have test bed for Windows 10 4k now. I abandoned older O/S and 1080 and cannot test new scripts for you. I would have to guess and you would have to try.

Did you use the .js script from post #112? That is usually needed when 2D switches to 3D incorrectly.

Before this gets too complicated, I highly suggest you use the original working setup and forget about using PDVD internal mounting. Use the virtual mounting I supplied. It is MUCH quicker than PDVD mounting. You will also have automatic selection of player and you DO NOT have to choose from context menu. It will default perfectly. Why do you prefer to mount using PDVD instead of Virtual Clone Drive?

(2017-03-14, 19:02)brazen1 Wrote: What are your specs? O/S, 4k or 1080? I only have test bed for Windows 10 4k now. I abandoned older O/S and 1080 and cannot test new scripts for you. I would have to guess and you would have to try.

Did you use the .js script from post #112? That is usually needed when 2D switches to 3D incorrectly.

Before this gets too complicated, I highly suggest you use the original working setup and forget about using PDVD internal mounting. Use the virtual mounting I supplied. It is MUCH quicker than PDVD mounting. You will also have automatic selection of player and you DO NOT have to choose from context menu. It will default perfectly. Why do you prefer to mount using PDVD instead of Virtual Clone Drive?

My Specs.

W 10 anniversary; LG smartv 3d 1080p (PASIVE 3D), Geforce GT 710 with lastyest drivers ( downloaded yesterday)

Did you use the .js script from post #112? i thought this was just for 4k....

Why do you prefer to mount using PDVD instead of Virtual Clone Drive? becouse i read your post; may be my poor english fooled me ( http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2434640)
Translation can definitely be tricky. Here is a copy and paste from the original post #112 for you to review again.

4k & 1080 users may need to use an additional JScript code to switch refresh rates appropriately if needed. (2D renders as 3D problem) I don't but you might. Here's how to do it:
google qres.exe or just get it from http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/qres.html
Create a folder in your User/Documents folder and name it RefreshRateChanger. Put QRes.exe inside it. Create .txt file and rename to switch.js in the same RefreshRateChanger folder. Edit in this code:

Code:

(function() {
var refreshRate = 0;

// Get current refresh rate

var wmiService = GetObject('WinMgmts://./root/cimv2');
refreshRate = new Enumerator(
wmiService.ExecQuery('SELECT * FROM Win32_VideoController WHERE Availability <> 8')
).item(0).CurrentRefreshRate;

if (typeof refreshRate != 'number' || refreshRate === 0) {
WScript.Echo('Duh. Cannot determine current refresh rate.');
} else {

// Run QRes.exe to change refresh rate

var fs = new ActiveXObject('Scripting.FileSystemObject');
var shell = new ActiveXObject('WScript.Shell');
shell.Run(fs.GetAbsolutePathName(fs.BuildPath(
fs.GetParentFolderName(WScript.ScriptFullName), 'QRes.exe')
) + ' /x 3840 /y 2160 /r:' + (refreshRate >= 59 ? 24 : 60), 0, true);
}
})();

1080 users can edit this line of code from

) + ' /x 3840 /y 2160 /r:' + (refreshRate >= 59 ? 24 : 60), 0, true);

to

) + ' /x 1920 /y 1080 /r:' + (refreshRate >= 59 ? 24 : 60), 0, true);

At first, thanks for the script. This is what i have been looking for and i couldnt figure it out myself.

I want to play my 3D bluray movies through powerdvd but i have two problems with the script.

1. When the movie starts playing in Powerdvd, my tv recognizes the 3D and auto switches to 3d mode. But the problem is that i have 1 3D TV, and 2 other monitors connected to my PC. So 3D get's activated and disactivated in a loop.
I can fix this by manually disabling the 2 other non 3D screens in Windows. How can i manage to start playing my 3D movie without manually disabling them?

2. I cannot return to Kodi after I'm done with watching a movie in PowerDVD. Everything freezes up and I cannot use Kodi after that.
So I start an .ISO file through KODI with the external player script, this works perfectly. But I cannot get back to Kodi after watching. How is this possible?

And sometimes Powerdvd refuses to switch back to 60hz after playing the movie in 24Hz but the other 2 problems are priority for now.
(2017-03-14, 20:04)WppNL Wrote: At first, thanks for the script. This is what i have been looking for and i couldnt figure it out myself.

I want to play my 3D bluray movies through powerdvd but i have two problems with the script.

1. When the movie starts playing in Powerdvd, my tv recognizes the 3D and auto switches to 3d mode. But the problem is that i have 1 3D TV, and 2 other monitors connected to my PC. So 3D get's activated and disactivated in a loop.
I can fix this by manually disabling the 2 other non 3D screens in Windows. How can i manage to start playing my 3D movie without manually disabling them?

2. I cannot return to Kodi after I'm done with watching a movie in PowerDVD. Everything freezes up and I cannot use Kodi after that.
So I start an .ISO file through KODI with the external player script, this works perfectly. But I cannot get back to Kodi after watching. How is this possible?

And sometimes Powerdvd refuses to switch back to 60hz after playing the movie in 24Hz but the other 2 problems are priority for now.

Copy and paste from post #1

In Windows Screen Resolution, check Enable Stereoscopic 3D for all supported displays for single panel users . If you are running dual monitors of different resolution enable stereoscopic settings for all 3D displays' in windows screen resolution settings. You won't see this setting unless you make your secondary monitor (TV panel for playback) the primary monitor and turn off monitor 1 by selecting 'show desktop on monitor 2 only' since this is the 3D display. This becomes a problem for ease of use though. The fix is win+p and 'select pc screen only'. Next, right click your taskbar and select properties. There should be a setting to show taskbar on all displays or only the main display. You don't want a taskbar on your Kodi display. The setting is at the bottom in the Multiple Displays section. You only set this 1 time so it's set and forget. Once you set select pc screen only, windows will automatically switch between the two and turn off the one not in use, turn it back on when it is. So, you can be using monitor 1 for pc stuff and when you want to watch a movie on your TV panel (monitor 2), when you turn on monitor 2, monitor 1 turns off. This means windows has now auto set monitor 2 as primary and the windows resolution setting 'enable stereoscopic settings for all 3D displays' is present and enabled. When you turn off monitor 2, monitor 1 automatically turns back on. Once this is set up, Uncheck 'Enable Stereoscopic 3D for all Supported Displays, save and exit.

[Image: 4qS70Yq.png]

[Image: qkCaC4w.png]

If everything is still freezing up after doing the above when exiting PDVD, try temporarily physically disconnecting all your extra monitors and just leave your 3D display in the loop. If it works, it's because of your extra monitors and I don't think I can help you with them.

If Powerdvd refuses to switch back to 60hz after playing the movie in 24Hz, it is not a problem with PDVD. Your display is what switches depending on what it's being fed. Your display is probably not switching back to 60Hz after a 24Hz session because it is confused by the other monitors in the system.

• 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39