• 35(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
Your playercorefactory looks spot on.  So does your MPC-BE.  I've started using MPC-HC lately along with MPC-BE comparing 'bugs'.  
Are you certain this path is correct?  <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Player 5\DVDFab Player 5.exe</filename>
Your PDVD.iso is incorrect.  I checked the guide code and it is correct.  Use this or copy and paste from the guide and change the drive letter you assigned for your mount as 'P':

Code:
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\PowerDVD.exe" %pth% exit
exit

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\PowerDVD.exe" P:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
exit
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Cheers for checking brezen1, just tried again with your PDVD.bat and it's still the same no external players will launch just checked the path to DVDfab seems right see screenshot, thanks

9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

I just installed new drivers today and I've been putting this setup through its paces.  I've played many titles letting them default to the various players assigned to them.  I've also manually bypassed the defaults and played assorted titles using other players from the 'play using' tab.  I've had exactly zero problems.  Why nothing plays for you at all, I have no idea?  Are you able to play anything from Explorer?  What exactly does happen when you attempt to play something and it doesn't?  Are you at least able to select videoplayer in the 'play using' tab to use KODI internal player or any other player?  I'm using 5 players here.  Everything is up to par.  All I can suggest is revert to how it was working for you although the difference between then and now is slight.

EDIT.  I just noticed this:

MPBCE.bat looks like this

It should be MPCBE.bat.

Look for more errors like this.....
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-03-22, 00:09)brazen1 Wrote: I just installed new drivers today and I've been putting this setup through its paces.  I've played many titles letting them default to the various players assigned to them.  I've also manually bypassed the defaults and played assorted titles using other players from the 'play using' tab.  I've had exactly zero problems.  Why nothing plays for you at all, I have no idea?  Are you able to play anything from Explorer?  What exactly does happen when you attempt to play something and it doesn't?  Are you at least able to select videoplayer in the 'play using' tab to use KODI internal player or any other player?  I'm using 5 players here.  Everything is up to par.  All I can suggest is revert to how it was working for you although the difference between then and now is slight.

EDIT.  I just noticed this:

MPBCE.bat looks like this

It should be MPCBE.bat.

Look for more errors like this.....
Hi brezen1, thanks for getting back to me the MPBCE.bat might just have been a typo when posting but I'll check tonight when I get home, as for playback my .mkv play fine as they just use kodi default player, it's mainly my .iso and .m2ts files that will not play back through kodi, everything plays fine in Explorer, I have tried 'play using' tab and the only player that shows up in the list is videoplayer and that wont play back the .iso or m2ts files. I hope that how I'm trying to explain this makes sense. Thanks again
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

If the only player that shows up in your 'play using' tab is videoplayer, then KODI is not recognizing your playercorefactory.xml.  The file itself looks fine.  Either it is not in the proper directory,

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEGOESHERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playercorefactory.xml,

playercorefactory is not spelled correctly,

playercorefactory.xml.txt is what you have which is not correct, and should have an edited file extension so that it is playercorefactory.xml exactly,

you are not using an official build of KODI,

or KODI is somehow broken and will not recognize the file.

Link your C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEGOESHERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\kodi.log somewhere so I can look and see if KODI recognizes your playercorefactory.xml.  Alternatively, you can use the built-in log function for KODI.  Do not post the log here.

(2018-03-22, 17:22)brazen1 Wrote: If the only player that shows up in your 'play using' tab is videoplayer, then KODI is not recognizing your playercorefactory.xml.  The file itself looks fine.  Either it is not in the proper directory,

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEGOESHERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playercorefactory.xml,   It's in the correct directory

playercorefactory is not spelled correctly, It's spelt correctly 

playercorefactory.xml.txt is what you have which is not correct, and should have an edited file extension so that it is playercorefactory.xml exactly, This is correct

you are not using an official build of KODI, Defiantly using an Official build

or KODI is somehow broken and will not recognize the file.

Link your C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEGOESHERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\kodi.log somewhere so I can look and see if KODI recognizes your playercorefactory.xml.  Alternatively, you can use the built-in log function for KODI.  Do not post the log here.
Hi brezen1, Link to my kodi log thanks for taking the time

My bad.  Please accept a rep point.  Copy and paste this and let me know if all is well:

<playercorefactory>
< players>
< player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
< filename>C:\Users\gpwin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PDVD.bat</filename>
< playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
< /player>
< player name="MPC-BE" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
< filename>C:\Users\gpwin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\MPCBE.bat</filename>
< /player>
< player name="DVDFab" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
< filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Player 5\DVDFab Player 5.exe</filename>
< /player>
< /players>
< rules action="prepend">
< rule filename=".*HDR10.*|.*HDR.*|.*hdr.*" player="DVDFab"/>
< rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts|.*3D.*|.*.3D.iso|3D.*" player="PowerDVD"/>
< /rules>
< /playercorefactory>

ok cheers brezen1 I'll try it out later when I get home from work

ok after a lot of trail and error of un-installing and re-installing everything seems to be working again, no idea really what's sorted it but it's working and that's all that matters lol, so thanks for helping me through all this brezen1 your help and efforts are much appreciated Smile

Guys, I'm lost Sad
Currently I'm using afedchin build for 3D MVC on my Asrock BeeBox HDMI 1.3 port. It works perfect. I woud like to test 4K HDR and I know I should use HDMI 2.0. But I don't understand if Kodi afedchin (default player) is able to handle the HDR feature. May I have to use other player? Or just switch to HDMI 2.0? Currently it doesn't work, maybe I miss something Huh
I've updated the guide at post #205 for detailed pictures of madVR settings and profiles I use.  I also provided profile codes you can copy and paste to simplify.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2616287

http://imgur.com/a/4h7U0

Lucas Rey.  We are doing something completely different here.  We use the official builds of KODI.  If you are having problems with unofficial builds, you should ask in that forum.  We tend to steer clear of boxes and devices limited to the GPU's dedicated in them which most of the grunt work is often replaced by CPU's which at this time are simply inefficient.  Often they are limited in their abilities so instead we prefer HTPC's with capable video cards being the single important piece of hardware providing unlimited audio and video with no caveats all hardware decoded by the GPU rather than software decoded via the CPU.

Brazen have you tried with Leia yet ? Any news with 3D playback issues?
3D external playback seems to be a slight issue. cannot get it to work.
I try it once a week or so.  The same playercorefactory.xml used with 17.6 or earlier does not work yet with v.18 alpha x32 or x64 latest nightlies.

Thank you @brazen1.
I apologise for asking again:
Which version of Nvidia drivers are you using?
Please can you post their configuration as you have done for madvr? (excellent help, than you).
Many thanks.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39