• 75(current)
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
(2019-04-19, 21:50)brazen1 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 03:19)bsoriano Wrote: Has anybody experienced MPC-BE not launching from Kodi lately? I am running Leia latest nightly, as well as the latest version of MPC-BE under Windows 10 1901. If I run MPC-BE from the desktop it runs fine.

I also have DVDFab 3 defined as an external player and it plays from Kodi.

All I could see in the log is that the launch of MPC-BE fails with error 2, which I have not found what it is.

Tomorrow I will try MPC-HC and see if the same thing happens.

If any of you has any info that could help, I will be most grateful.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart.

I'm curious.  Did you get this straightened out?  I haven't had any problems and I've been using KODI v.19 with W10 v.1809.  You peaked my interest because you're on v.1901 and it hasn't rolled out to me yet and I don't want to manually install early.  I doubt the Windows upgrade would affect this but could you follow up any new info when you get a chance.  TIA. 

@brazen1 , sorry for my delayed response.  I tried again, and it works fine with KODI v.19 and W10 v.1901.  There must have been something wrong in my configuration that got fixed when I reset Windows 10 and reinstalled Kodi, madVR, MPC-HC and all my other apps.

Regards,

Bart
I've installed the new nVidia driver 430.39.  It is now once again allowing madVR to switch HDR mode.  It has also rectified the long lingering audio problem - Multi channel vs stereo auto switch dependent on AVR state on and off.

As expected, nVidia no longer supports 3D.  It has been completely removed from the driver install.  So far I have installed 3D vision from an older driver.  I get a notice that 3D vision does not match the new graphics driver after installing it.  I also ran the 3D .reg file in madVR.  The 3D option no longer shows up in Windows display properties or NCP.  I did attempt to play a 3DMVC.iso in PowerDVD.  3D mode does not engage.  I also tried MPC-BE.  It displays some strange SBS and then does engage 3D mode.  This is a frame packed MVC iso.  It shouldn't go into SBS mode imo.

I don't want to spend anymore time fussing with this new driver and I will be reverting back to 416.81 video drivers.  Instead of editing those drivers and applying the 388.59 audio driver (bug free) as I've been doing in the past, I will be attempting to use the newer 430.39 audio driver which at this time appears to also be bug free.  This combo will update me to the newest working audio and video drivers that meet my demands.

Feel free to post your results and workarounds if any.

*Edit*
The audio bug still exists using the 430.39 driver.  It doesn't survive a reboot.  I will be using 388.59 audio driver with 416.81 video driver as usual.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
@brazen1 

Thanks a million for your detailed answer. 

The images are displayed correctly when I connect to VPN. It seems imgur is blocked in my country.

I will spend some time trying to configure my HTPC and Nvidia Shield, then I will get back to you in case I have further questions.
I followed the guide to enable playing ISO files on my Windows HTPC, but I am running into an issue where the ISO file isn't actually being mounted, so MPC-HC continues to error out "cannot render file" and I don't see the ISO being mounted in the Windows Explorer either. Here is the BAT file and the PCF file respectively. Please take a look and let me know where the issue is:

PCF file:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
    <player name="isoPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
      <args>"{1}"</args>
      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
      <forceontop>false</forceontop>
      <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>
    <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
      <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
      <forceontop>false</forceontop>
      <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="iso" player="isoPlayer"/>
    <rule filetypes="mkv|avi|bdmv|mpls|m2ts" player="MPC-HC"/>
    <rule internetstream="true" player="VideoPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat file:
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable
timeout /t 3
"C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe" A:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /disable
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%
"C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

Where am I going wrong? Please help.
What guide?  Your PCF.xml isn't like anything exampled here and your .bat looks to be from Windows 7 era which also isn't like anything exampled here.  What O/S and GPU are you using?  It looks like you want to use MPC-HC for everything including 3D except you want to use internet streams with the Kodi player.  It also looks like you want MPC-HC to do your mounting and forgo VCD.

These two rules conflict with each other and not only that, I've had problems using multiple rules of the same type:
<rule filetypes="iso" player="isoPlayer"/> HERE you are telling MPC-HC (via your .bat) to open iso's by mounting with MPC-HC itself instead of VCD.  Some say MPC-HC auto mounts iso's.  I've never had success.  Good luck. 
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|bdmv|mpls|m2ts" player="MPC-HC"/> HERE you are telling MPC-HC to open bdmv, m2ts and mpls (I assume are in your unmounted iso) which means it isn't mounted either and you want MPC-HC to auto mount so you can access them.  Again, good luck. 

I don't know how others get MPC players to handle mounting iso's internally perfectly but apparently it doesn't work for you either.  Maybe ask them or change your codes to how it's done here by using VCD.

You can verify if YOU are able to open an iso with MPC players by right clicking your iso in Windows Explorer and selecting 'open with' and then selecting MPC-HC or MPC-BE.  I can't but others say no problem.  Start reading here https://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-t...st57821568
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Just posting to see what folks, who're using & need to use, the latest Nvidia drivers are planning to do for 3D for PowerDVD?

My HTPC doubles as an HTPC/Gaming Rig, with RTX 2080 Ti, therefore I have to use the latest Nvidia Drivers. 3D was obviously removed. 

I have 3D ISO rips I playback in PowerDVD and only need 3D on Windows 10 for PowerDVD. 

Does anyone with similar needs as mine have any solutions or alternates they have come across? 

Thanks!
(2019-05-02, 16:44)brazen1 Wrote: What guide?  Your PCF.xml isn't like anything exampled here and your .bat looks to be from Windows 7 era which also isn't like anything exampled here.  What O/S and GPU are you using?  It looks like you want to use MPC-HC for everything including 3D except you want to use internet streams with the Kodi player.  It also looks like you want MPC-HC to do your mounting and forgo VCD.

These two rules conflict with each other and not only that, I've had problems using multiple rules of the same type:
<rule filetypes="iso" player="isoPlayer"/> HERE you are telling MPC-HC (via your .bat) to open iso's by mounting with MPC-HC itself instead of VCD.  Some say MPC-HC auto mounts iso's.  I've never had success.  Good luck. 
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|bdmv|mpls|m2ts" player="MPC-HC"/> HERE you are telling MPC-HC to open bdmv, m2ts and mpls (I assume are in your unmounted iso) which means it isn't mounted either and you want MPC-HC to auto mount so you can access them.  Again, good luck. 

I don't know how others get MPC players to handle mounting iso's internally perfectly but apparently it doesn't work for you either.  Maybe ask them or change your codes to how it's done here by using VCD.

You can verify if YOU are able to open an iso with MPC players by right clicking your iso in Windows Explorer and selecting 'open with' and then selecting MPC-HC or MPC-BE.  I can't but others say no problem.  Start reading here https://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-t...st57821568
I used the guide from page 1. I copied most of the text for the BAT file from your guide and made some minor changes. Regarding PCF.xml, I had it setup earlier to open MPC-HC for all types of files (except internet streams) and I modified the same file to now distinguish between ISO files and non-ISO files. In the BAT file (PlayISO.bat), I am calling VCD to mount drive A with the filename of the ISO. Shouldn't that mount the file? Sorry, this is new to me since I am coming from a non Windows platform where I didn't have to do any of this (mac, rpi, Android).

Like you suggested, I tried mounting an ISO file with MPC-HC, but it didn't work as expected. However, it does mount and play fine with MPC-BE.

Update: Given that MPC-BE is able to load the ISO automatically without having to use an external mounting software, I am going to try configuring madVR with MPC-BE and go down that route. Let's see where this takes me.
(2019-04-23, 20:12)brazen1 Wrote: As expected, nVidia no longer supports 3D.  It has been completely removed from the driver install.  So far I have installed 3D vision from an older driver.  I get a notice that 3D vision does not match the new graphics driver after installing it.  I also ran the 3D .reg file in madVR.  The 3D option no longer shows up in Windows display properties or NCP.  I did attempt to play a 3DMVC.iso in PowerDVD.  3D mode does not engage.  I also tried MPC-BE.  It displays some strange SBS and then does engage 3D mode.  This is a frame packed MVC iso.  It shouldn't go into SBS mode imo.
Exactly the same experience here. Tried all of the above. 

Looking for PowerDVD Frame Packed 3D ISO playback with newest nVidia drivers. Not sure if there is a way to integrate 418.19 3D Vision drivers into newer nVidia drivers.
(2019-04-21, 11:11)tabari Wrote: @brazen1 

First of all, thanks for your efforts for the guide.

Recently I have purchased a 2018 model Samsung 4K Tv. I also have a HTPC with Intel i5 4670K cpu and Nvidia Gtx 1080 ti gpu.

I used to have a 1080p projector and use MPC-HC with Madvr for upscaling + SVP for 60 fps conversion. I was quite happy with the results. 

Now that I have a 4K display and want to watch mostly 4K content (MKV rip), I'm trying to figure out which one is the best player (HTPC, Nvidia Shield, other Android boxes etc.) for the best picture quality and smooth motion. Yes, I like very much the soap opera effect, so SVP and 60 fps conversion for smooth motion is quite important for me.

Hoping that Gtx 1080 ti would be powerful enough, I tried playing 4K content (MKV rip) with the current settings of MPC-HC + Madvr + SVP. The result was awful, it wasn't watchable. VLC, however, plays 4K content enough well. But of course I'm looking for the best results and I don't think VLC player (without making any settings) can be offering the best picture quality and smooth motion.

Here below are my questions :

1. Considering that budget is not an issue, which player would give the best results ? HTPC, Nvidia Shield, other Android boxes ? For HTPC, please advise the  best hardware. For Nvidia Shield, please advise the best configuration. For other Android devices, please recommend the best device as of today.

2. I'm quite new to HDR. I don't even know if it is something that should be coded in the 4K content or if it is something like SVP's 60 fps conversion that the 4K Tv can apply to any videos without HDR. Can you please give some information or tell me which guide I should read. Unfortunately due to heavy work load, I don't have dozens of hours of free time to search on the internet.

3. About your guide for Kodi, I read the first message of this thread and other updated guides. First of all, the pictures are missing, I don't know if they are missing only for me. Also there are tons of writing, but I can't find a simple guide that tells me what to install and how to configure it. 

4. I'm playing around with the picture settings of Samsung 4K Tv. With HTPC connected, if I choose the input type as "Home Cinema", I can enable HDR+ and the colours change immediately even on Windows 10 desktop. I don't know if this is something good or bad. Because I don't even know what HDR should like when working correctly.

My feeling is that for 4K content and HDR, HTPCs are not easy to configure. If I will not be losing much in terms of picture quality and smooth motion, I can use Nvidia Shield without issues. Actually I have already ordered one from Amazon just to test.

Your inputs will be very much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

tabari
your GTX 1080 cant´handle 4k hdr..   i can´t believe it
(2019-04-23, 20:12)brazen1 Wrote: I've installed the new nVidia driver 430.39.  It is now once again allowing madVR to switch HDR mode.  It has also rectified the long lingering audio problem - Multi channel vs stereo auto switch dependent on AVR state on and off.

... ...

*Edit*
The audio bug still exists using the 430.39 driver.  It doesn't survive a reboot.  I will be using 388.59 audio driver with 416.81 video driver as usual.

Hi mate, can you please explain this audio bug to me or link to a post where it is explained? I've seen various references to this audio bug but I've never seen anyone actually describe exactly what it is and what the impact is. Thanks!
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2721301

(2018-11-09, 19:15)brazen1 Wrote: I upgraded nVidia driver to 416.81.  Windows audio properties depending on AVR on/off state is now auto switching properly.  I tested HDR, SDR, 3D MVC, iso's and mkv's and found no problems.  Hoping nVidia adds a 10bit RGB mode that survives a reboot and perhaps addresses audio/video sync custom resolution for 23.976 leading to a dropped frame every 4.5 minutes at 1080p 3D and 2160p 2D 24Hz.  Imo, this would perfect their driver for audio/video enthusiasts and probably gamers alike.  Afaik, nothing else would need immediate attention.

*Edit*  After using new audio driver for a couple days, although improved, it STILL has issues auto switching.  I've modified the installer to replace HD Audio with the older version that works as it should.

Hi, thanks for the great thread.
@brazen1 I have a question how do you create a modified Nvidia setup file with the older audio driver and newer video driver ? Thanks in advance.
Download the two driver installers and unzip them.  I use WinRAR.  Swap the HDAudio folder for the one you want.  Then run the install.exe file.

(2019-05-21, 16:04)brazen1 Wrote: Download the two driver installers and unzip them.  I use WinRAR.  Swap the HDAudio folder for the one you want.  Then run the install.exe file.

@brazen1 thanks, thats what I was thinking, good to know.
I am now in the process of upgrading Windows 1809 to 1903.  Here is the link in case you're interested.  Select the 'update now' button.   https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software.../windows10

• 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39