• 275(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
Thanks to both of you (Bob for the fix and Schimi for the cleanup).

I noticed one last thing : in the changelog of last version of skin helper service, marcel says that animated posters are now supported by the script.
As a matter of fact, animated posters did used to work, even before the update, and including on widgets. They are now natively supported by Kodi, since v.16

I also use animated gif thumbs for tv shows episodes. I create them with a giffing tool from a video and give them a 5s lengh, 640*360 resolution.
Then I select them manually from the artwork downloader interface and they do show up fine in my library but not in my widgets. Seems that instead, the first frame of the thumb is cached and displayed.

Does anyone knows why animated gifs work on widgets, but only for posters ? Is it a lengh / resolution thing ? Is it a skin helper service thing or a widget thing ?
I know Mike planned on doing something on that later, maybe RC2 but is there a temporary fix for thumbs when you select them manually ?

Thanks in advance
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
Hi Lockos,

What Marcel has done is not connected to what Kodi already does with regards to animated posters. Yes you're correct that since Jarvis you can use animated gifs in I believe all areas i.e. posters, logo, backgrounds basically Kodi now supports the use of gifs. So if you select anything gif manually then as far as I know it should work. I can't see a reason why widgets would be different as I think it uses the 'artwork' assigned to the item and if you've assigned gifs then they should be used. But Mr.V is the Widget guru and may know more??

What Marcel has done is include some calls to a db that user rshicks had created in connection this his Kyra for Kodi addon. This db is slowly being updated and will house animated posters and backgrounds for movies. There is nothing in Madnox right now that uses these new calls from Marcel, that is in dev.

Check this thread for more info on the db http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2262254

So, my idea was to ask Marcel if he could plugin the db from and make calls available to get either the poster or background and he has done that now as you've seen in the latest SH notes.

Right now, I'm trying to test it but for some reason it's not working for me. But besides that the ideas for Madnox and animated gifs is something along the lines of:

1) Users can manually assign animated gifs and Kodi will display already.
2) A new switch to use 'Skinhelper Animated Posters/Backgrounds'. Which when hopefully working would mean that if a poster or background exists in this new db then the skin would use that otherwise use what is assigned to the item in question. This would mean you would not have to have animated gifs locally.
3) A secondary switch to use local animated Posters / Backgrounds. This one would mean that you could just place a poster.gif in your folder and then if the switch is active it'll use that otherwise what is scraped to the movie / tvshow etc.

There's a lot to figure out and test and probably more to ask Marcel to do if he can and then there's controls for all the views in case users only want animated posters on this view or that view etc. etc.

This will take time to introduce into Madnox in full but it's on the list and I'll see what I can do.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Mike,

As always, thanks for the detailed explanation. I'm sure what you said represents a tremendous amount of work.
I'm not particularly in a hurry for the switch thing as I know it's a lot of work.
Great news by the way, I see you never stop creating a better Nox with the Team (included with new features, some of them exclusives to Nox) Smile
I'll see the thumbs thing later with Mr. V if he has time to answer me cause he has a lot of work too with Silvo.

See ya !
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
Hi there, just been tring out this skin and was wondering if there would be any reason as to why the music widget for artists, does not show any artist bio (please see below pic as to what I mean). I am not sure if is a bug or something I have set-up incorrectly, any help would be great.

http://snag.gy/9IsGz.jpg

Thanks
(2016-03-10, 11:15)boro boy Wrote: Hi there, just been tring out this skin and was wondering if there would be any reason as to why the music widget for artists, does not show any artist bio (please see below pic as to what I mean). I am not sure if is a bug or something I have set-up incorrectly, any help would be great.

Thanks

Hello, do you have that information scraped in your library? Can you see the artist bio in other views?
(2016-03-09, 19:40)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi Lockos,

What Marcel has done is not connected to what Kodi already does with regards to animated posters. Yes you're correct that since Jarvis you can use animated gifs in I believe all areas i.e. posters, logo, backgrounds basically Kodi now supports the use of gifs. So if you select anything gif manually then as far as I know it should work. I can't see a reason why widgets would be different as I think it uses the 'artwork' assigned to the item and if you've assigned gifs then they should be used. But Mr.V is the Widget guru and may know more??

What Marcel has done is include some calls to a db that user rshicks had created in connection this his Kyra for Kodi addon. This db is slowly being updated and will house animated posters and backgrounds for movies. There is nothing in Madnox right now that uses these new calls from Marcel, that is in dev.

Check this thread for more info on the db http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2262254

So, my idea was to ask Marcel if he could plugin the db from and make calls available to get either the poster or background and he has done that now as you've seen in the latest SH notes.

Right now, I'm trying to test it but for some reason it's not working for me. But besides that the ideas for Madnox and animated gifs is something along the lines of:

1) Users can manually assign animated gifs and Kodi will display already.
2) A new switch to use 'Skinhelper Animated Posters/Backgrounds'. Which when hopefully working would mean that if a poster or background exists in this new db then the skin would use that otherwise use what is assigned to the item in question. This would mean you would not have to have animated gifs locally.
3) A secondary switch to use local animated Posters / Backgrounds. This one would mean that you could just place a poster.gif in your folder and then if the switch is active it'll use that otherwise what is scraped to the movie / tvshow etc.

There's a lot to figure out and test and probably more to ask Marcel to do if he can and then there's controls for all the views in case users only want animated posters on this view or that view etc. etc.

This will take time to introduce into Madnox in full but it's on the list and I'll see what I can do.

Rep point just for thinking about it.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Playlist for AltMusicViz1 now on git

watch gallery

I add it to AltMusicViz2 later
(2016-03-10, 15:18)bsoriano Wrote:
(2016-03-10, 11:15)boro boy Wrote: Hi there, just been tring out this skin and was wondering if there would be any reason as to why the music widget for artists, does not show any artist bio (please see below pic as to what I mean). I am not sure if is a bug or something I have set-up incorrectly, any help would be great.

Thanks

Hello, do you have that information scraped in your library? Can you see the artist bio in other views?

Hi Bsoriano, yeah all muisc info in getting picked up from my nfo files from each relavent artist in the music library and the info box that come up in the now playing screen, just seems to be that widget on the front screenHuh
(2016-03-10, 20:25)boro boy Wrote:
(2016-03-10, 15:18)bsoriano Wrote:

Thanks

Hi Bsoriano, yeah all muisc info in getting picked up from my nfo files from each relavent artist in the music library and the info box that come up in the now playing screen, just seems to be that widget on the front screenHuh

The widget artist info is not coded. I will take a look at adding it.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2016-03-10, 21:11)Mike_Doc Wrote: @Angelinas,

do you use pathsubstition for thumbnails? I am and I can't get animated posters to work? Seems to be fetching them to the animatedgifs folder but not displaying them?
@Mike_Doc

better here...I dont want to use Marcel thread...

I use script v 1.60 and animated poster and fanart working.But only in list, for widget Marcel didnt alow windows.properties.
First you must enable animated poster (I use onload in Home.xml)
Code:
    <onload>Skin.SetBool(SkinHelper.EnableAnimatedPosters)</onload>
Script form new folder in thumbs folder,and there cashed all images that find from your library(IMDB) and have images from http://www.consiliumb.com..(I dont have much but all of them working ok)

In IncludesVariables.xml I set for value Poster in list this condition

Code:
    <variable name="value_poster">
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.PVR.Poster))">$INFO[Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.PVR.Poster)]</value>
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(poster)) + !IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.AnimatedPoster))">$INFO[Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.AnimatedPoster)]</value>
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(poster)) + IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.AnimatedPoster))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(poster)]</value>...

same I did for Fanart

Code:
    <variable name="value_defaultvideofanart">
        <value condition="![IsEmpty(skin.string(windowbg)) | Container.Content(genres)] + IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))">$INFO[skin.string(windowbg)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(movies) + !Control.IsVisible(84) + [SubString(skin.string(moviesfanart),fanart) | SubString(skin.string(moviesfanart),extra) + IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5020))]+!IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.AnimatedFanart))">$INFO[Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.AnimatedFanart)]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(movies) + !Control.IsVisible(84) + [SubString(skin.string(moviesfanart),fanart) | SubString(skin.string(moviesfanart),extra) + IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(5020))]+IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.AnimatedFanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>

resultat Smile

XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2016-03-10, 22:11)Mr. V Wrote: The widget artist info is not coded. I will take a look at adding it.

Hi Mr V, If that could be done that would be awesome as just finished getting this skin set up to how I like and that would be the last piece of the jigsaw to completing the skin off perfectly for me.

Heres hoping this can be done.

Thanks
For those of you - and I know there are several - who are experiencing textures going missing: I'm going to open a Trac ticket on Monday with all the relevant information I have, in the hope that it might give someone with the skills the information they need to actually fix the issue, assuming I'm correct in believing that its ultimately a Kodi issue.

As such, if you have any information on the bug please consider posting it on git in this issue - and please read the issue for examples of information which would be useful to add to the upcoming ticket.

Thanks in advance.
hello,
before i need to answer all PMs i though i give a small sitrep here - i have since tuesday a mean fever attack with headache, joint pain, shivering attacks, heat waves ...
so it will need some time before i can answer all PMs
sorry
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
Warmes Bier hilft da!
Gute Besserung

Warm beer helps!
Get well soon
(2016-03-11, 16:06)schimi2k Wrote: hello,
before i need to answer all PMs i though i give a small sitrep here - i have since tuesday a mean fever attack with headache, joint pain, shivering attacks, heat waves ...
so it will need some time before i can answer all PMs
sorry

Plenty of Fluids and paracetamol & Ibuprofen ( if you are ok to take it ) helps .
if fever is above 38C and continuous with shivering / rigors then you better see a- GP or b-Hospital A&E as this could be a bacterial infection requiring antibiotics.
hope you feel better soon
Take care Bud !
  • 275(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39