• 9(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
@M32134c: The PPTP change in the last build has no effect on OpenVPN so you'll need to provide more information (debug log (wiki), dmesg etc.) or debug this one yourself - there's no obvious reason why it should stop working in #0715b so please double check your network.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Is anybody else getting issues with third party themes since #710, I think the theme settings changes have broken something with old themes, testing with Arctic Zephyr and Titan, Confluence works fine.

http://sprunge.us/gYYd

This line concerns me:
09:59:06 103.315598 T:1966940160 WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings

When loading the skin kodi locks up the interface but doesn't crash (no crashlog), #709 is the last build third party skins work for me.
(2015-07-16, 09:49)Milhouse Wrote: @M32134c: The PPTP change in the last build has no effect on OpenVPN so you'll need to provide more information (debug log (wiki), dmesg etc.) or debug this one yourself - there's no obvious reason why it should stop working in #0715b so please double check your network.

Yea network is fine once i revert to 0714 they are working. I tried reinstalling plugins after upgrade and still no go. Openvpn does nothing when i open and the openelec dev update opens but when i select a build to download it just closes.
Bear with me im new to this i think this is what you want i enabled debug log and tried to run them here is results Smile

http://sprunge.us/daNP

edit

Another thing i noticed is the progression bar on the top right when copying files in file manager is missing.
(2015-07-14, 14:36)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-07-11, 19:12)MrNice Wrote: Here is the screenshot of the window with "Add music".
http://imgur.com/PbzYemL

The high CPU load in Music > Files (and Video > Files, and quite possibly elsewhere) should be fixed in the next build (PR7504). Thanks for mentioning this, @MrNice. Smile

Version #0714
When I am on the menu bar window without activity (waited 20 s) ssh/top %CPU kodi.bin is 9.5-15.7 %.
When I am on the "Music, Music add-ons, Add music" list without activity (waited 20 s) ssh/top %CPU kodi.bin is 8.3-13.6 %.
When I am on the "Media info" window not playing no activity (waited 20 s) ssh/top %CPU kodi.bin is 8.6-15.1 %.
When I am on the "Media info" window playing 2ch/16/44 (waited 20 s) ssh/top %CPU kodi.bin is 24.6-27.3 %
When I am on full screen playing 2ch/16/44 (waited 20 s) ssh/top %CPU kodi.bin is 10.0-18.9 %

So everything looks OK now, well done!

Many thanks for your commitment
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
TO Developers

Can you add the “Prefer PTS timestamps” option into playback video settings window?
(2015-07-16, 11:30)wezley98 Wrote: This line concerns me:
09:59:06 103.315598 T:1966940160 WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings

I believe this is harmless, and simply indicates that the settings from guisettings.xml have already been migrated into the addon folder settings.

(2015-07-16, 11:30)wezley98 Wrote: When loading the skin kodi locks up the interface but doesn't crash (no crashlog), #709 is the last build third party skins work for me.

You're getting a SQL error in your log - a debug log might have revealed more. I suspect your addons db may need to be deleted.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-07-16, 15:06)M32134c╘ Wrote: Another thing i noticed is the progression bar on the top right when copying files in file manager is missing.

Yes, something else broken by the ApplicationMessenger change - should be fixed in build #0716 (when I upload it).
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0716: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.2 #1 Thu Jul 16 22:59:11 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul 16 2015 19:12:56
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version bc619b5e5aa64f2b5fdd24f6b6a4e61907027a35 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150716225823-#0716-gb726891 [Build #0716]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001579.702: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (b726891e, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (106d5517, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware, fixing bright line at top of hardware deinterlaced video files
  2. Fix progress bar and JSON playback broken by ApplicationMessenger changes
  3. Remove boost from fontcache
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Jul 16):
    • firmware: di_adv: Fix up top and bottom lines. See: link
    • firmware: arm_loader: Set uart0_clkrate DT param from init_uart_clock. See: link
  2. OpenELEC:
    • linux: move CONFIG_PPP to module (b726891e)
  3. XBMC:
    • [gui] fix modality type of skin custom dialogs (PR:7515, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [guilib] auto-width for button controls (PR:7357, 3 commits, 5 files changed)
    • Fix indentation that I broke (PR:7527, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • silent warnings (PR:7497, 6 commits, 8 files changed)
    • [xbmc][fix] Fix bugs introduced in ApplicationMessenger cleanup (PR:7528, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [EPG] Misc. EPG window fixes (PR:7509, 5 commits, 4 files changed)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
Everything i mentioned all set now, thanks
I noticed but forgot to mention is there is no keyboard cursor when typing not big deal just giving heads up
So I've been experimenting with the new advanced deinterlacing for 1080i content. Last night I had gpu_freq=400 and force_turbo=1 and watched TV for ~2 hours. Everything worked great, but a few minutes after watching some recorded TV I decided to navigate around and watch something on live TV. At that point, the interface did some weird stuff where it would flash during navigation like it was going to move around but then it didn't. I tried ssh to reboot but got some weird messages that it couldn't stop kodi. I finally just cut the power.

Now I'm using core_freq=400, v3d_freq=400 and force_turbo=1 so we'll see how far that gets me. Just didn't know if anyone else had the weird navigation freeze. That is the first time I've seen that, but I've not overclocked anything until now. I've got a good power supply (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...5YB21W9092) so I don't think that is the issue and I've never see the red or rainbow square in the upper right corner.

All of my 1080i60 MPEG2 content from live TV works great with the advanced deinterlacing. I did notice that a high bitrate h264 sample I have (Georges Bizet - Carmen-007.mkv, I can't recall where I got it but it was for testing imx6 deinterlacing) was too much for advanced deinterlacing. The file is 270meg and would take a long time to upload anywhere but the mediainfo for that sample is at http://sprunge.us/gXBT
(2015-07-17, 16:13)zaphod24 Wrote: So I've been experimenting with the new advanced deinterlacing for 1080i content. Last night I had gpu_freq=400 and force_turbo=1 and watched TV for ~2 hours. Everything worked great, but a few minutes after watching some recorded TV I decided to navigate around and watch something on live TV. At that point, the interface did some weird stuff where it would flash during navigation like it was going to move around but then it didn't. I tried ssh to reboot but got some weird messages that it couldn't stop kodi. I finally just cut the power.

Possibly too high an overclock. Increasing over_voltage may help. Reducing gpu_freq may help.
We've got some ideas to improve performance (trying to improve sdram utilisation), so hopefully it will run with lower overclock in future builds.
That would be great! I try not to overclock mine since it can lead to instability and makes you wonder if you really found a software bug or if the PI just got too hot.
Same thing just happened to me ill up voltage one more notch
So far I've avoiding setting the over voltage so as not to set the warranty bit. Be interesting to see how your PI gets along after running for a bit.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10