• 16(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-07-23, 21:14)zaphod24 Wrote: It was listed as item 5 in the 0722 release, "Known issue: Splash video is not appearing (and delays appearance of Kodi GUI by about 20 seconds)"

I'm sure it will get straightened out in the next few builds.

Oepz, totally missed that. Sorry about that Blush .
Even though I saw it, when I booted the first time and saw nothing for ~20 secs it still freaked me out. Course I'd just messed with the overclock to lower it a bit since the latest firmware doesn't need as much of an overclock for 1080i60.
(2015-07-23, 16:53)michidg Wrote: I have some problems with about 10% of my dvds ( iso and video_ts folder ). With Openelec 5.0.x they played ok and
on my amazon fire tv with kodi 15 they play ok also.

They start playing about 5 seconds and then the video stops forever. I see then always the last displayed image.
The sounds stops also but comes back after filling the cache. Plays 5 seconds. stops. fill cache. play 5 secs. stop .....

heres a debug log with two dvds ( one iso, one video_ts ). the first was startet at a certain point in the middle of the video.
The second one from beginning with the dvd menu.

debug log from build 0722

edit: This is not a new bug to 0722. I started using milhouse builds with some 05xx version. Problem was already there.

using omx player hw accelerated ( without sound because of alsa ) same problem, image stops after some seconds.

disable both hwaccel options ( dvd player software decode ) video does not stop anymore ! but unwatchable because of high cpu load.
(2015-07-23, 16:53)michidg Wrote: I have some problems with about 10% of my dvds ( iso and video_ts folder ).

Does enabling "attempt to skip introduction before DVD menu" help?
Does disabling deinterlace (and then selecting "set as default for all videos") help?

Could you provide a sample file? With dvd images this is a little tricky but there are tools that allow you to delete or cut down the main feature but leave the menus intact.
(2015-07-23, 22:05)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-07-23, 16:53)michidg Wrote: I have some problems with about 10% of my dvds ( iso and video_ts folder ).

Does enabling "attempt to skip introduction before DVD menu" help?
Does disabling deinterlace (and then selecting "set as default for all videos") help?

Could you provide a sample file? With dvd images this is a little tricky but there are tools that allow you to delete or cut down the main feature but leave the menus intact.

tried it now, both does not help.

Sure i can provide it, can you tell me which tool could be used ? never used something like this.
tried it simply with the vob files directly and its the same problem.
here is the last vob file of a problem dvd:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8884...S_01_4.VOB
i searched the forum a bit and found this thread : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=226933&page=2

Seems to be the same problem ! downloaded his test file and also stops after some seconds.
Hello, i'm running these daily releases on my rpi2 and does someone know if these builds keep my hdd disks in my Nas always active ? When kodi is not in use but rpi2 is not shutdown
Mine seem to spin down
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0723: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.2 #1 Thu Jul 23 22:03:32 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul 23 2015 15:05:50
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 68536b260c332c0a03bc85d01fec446f0ab67dc6 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150723220244-#0723-g0cfb546 [Build #0723]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001575.634: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (0cfb546d, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (0bb06907, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware - fix for Kodi splash video
  2. Add a second lock fix
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Jul 23):
    • firmware: video_decode: Ensure there really is a non-unknown timestamp at start See: link
  2. XBMC:
    • [dx11] Fix AMD deinterlacing (PR:7591, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] fix stuttering indruduced by 9c3adb5a9f390ad73c52469ed79de297da… (PR:7587, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [PVR] bump addon pvr.hts (PR:7590, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [ButtonTranslator] cosmetic - cleanup ident / alignment, spaces & boilerplate (PR:7574, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • add 16.x Jarvis repo (PR:7600, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [PVR] Allow edit of timers with start/end in the past (PR:7553, 4 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [PVR] Fix gui info time format for timeshift buffer start, buffer end, playing time (PR:7599, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [ios/codesign] - unsigned apps are not working on jailbroken iOS5.1 devices (PR:7594, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [PVR] gui info: Fix 'PVR.IsTimeshift' (PVR_IS_TIMESHIFTING) (PR:7602, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. pvr.hts:
    • added initial .gitignore (PR:70, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. pvr.nextpvr:
    • Correct string #30133 to "Post-Padding (minutes)" (PR:17, 3 commits, 1 file changed)
  5. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • fix holding lock while querying backend (0cccb72e)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-07-23, 22:40)michidg Wrote: i searched the forum a bit and found this thread : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=226933&page=2

Seems to be the same problem ! downloaded his test file and also stops after some seconds.

Okay, both samples have the same issue. I've determined that firmware from about six months ago can play these files.
I've bisected it and found the commit "video codec: refactor userdata release mec hanics in categoriser".

Now, I don't know a lot about this code, and the commit is too large to make immediate sense.
I really need the author (Deborah) to help but she's not currently around.

I have determined that reverting this commit does succeed and allows the samples to play. If you want to try it then I've built a test firmware:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3669...150724.zip

However I suspect the commit was added for a reason, so it could cause issues (probably with MVC). But give it a try and report back how it works.
(2015-07-23, 19:33)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-07-23, 19:19)MONSTA Wrote: core_freq and gpu_freq - is not it the same thing? So core of what?

gpu_freq is a shorthand for specifying core_freq, v3d_freq, h264_freq and isp_freq.

So:
Code:
core_freq=500
gpu_freq=333

means
Code:
core_freq=500
v3d_freq=333
h264_freq=333
isp_freq=333

(an explicit setting like core_freq takes precedence over gpu_freq)

OK, this seems really weird

I have a RPi2 and used the following
arm_freq=1000
gpu_freq=333

I am using bcmstat.sh -c to view things.

After a reboot:
Arm is at 1000 until it finishes a library scan (good)
Core is at 333 until it finishes a library scan (good)
H264 is at 0 until it finishes a library scan (good)

Once library scan is complete
Arm reduces to 600 (good)
Core reduces to 250 (good)
H264 goes up to 250 and stays there (What the heck?)

This is all sitting at the desktop, not playing anything.
Add "force_turbo=1" otherwise the SoC will drop down to the stock minimum frequencies whenever it is idle, and only use your new higher frequencies when it is busy.

"vcgencmd measure_clock h264" is used to determine the current h264 clock frequency.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I'd prefer it drop back down when not needed. Just wondering why when it drops down, that H264 goes up?
H264 should remain at 0 unless a movie is playing.
Presumably because the H264 block was needed by something so became active, however I have noticed that when it is no longer being used there are times when it will remain "on" (in your case, at the lower idle frequency) rather than switch back down to 0MHz. Try playing an H264 movie, then stop playback, and see if the H264 block eventually goes back to 0MHz.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10