• 22(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
Both test builds from today are crashing for me when I start live tv playback. Rolling back to 0727 works fine with the same settings. Nothing of interest in the log file.
(2015-07-30, 03:26)zaphod24 Wrote: Both test builds from today are crashing for me when I start live tv playback. Rolling back to 0727 works fine with the same settings. Nothing of interest in the log file.

If they're crashing, you should have a crashlog.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0729c: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.3 #1 Thu Jul 30 04:00:47 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul 28 2015 17:13:53
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version a462328b22d0395dbcef1dd8d7114c63812caf45 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150730035955-#0729c-gc37b5a7 [Build #0729c]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001572.281: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (c37b5a7e, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (dcce393e, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. All updates since #0727
  2. New firmware
  3. Various playback updates: pts/dts, vsync, 3D, omx/mmal switching, passthrough audio
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Jul 28):
    • firmware: arm_loader: Make turbo request reference counted rather than boolean
    • firmware: di_adv: Request turbo mode when doing qpu deinterlace
    • firmware:
      • video_decode: fixes to timestamp handling
      • video_decode: Don't use fifo for unknown timestamps
      • video_decode: Increase size of ts fifo
      • video_decode: sanity check fifo timestamp
      • video_decode: Only reference valid next frame times
      • video_decode: Set has_dts_timestamps before decode rather than afterwards
      • video_decode: Move the ts fifo reading to after the packed avi handling
      • video_decode: generalise the vfw/avi hack to work with sample files
      • video_decode: Add sanity check assert on timestamp consistency
  2. XBMC:
    • [osx] - reimplement Cocoa_GetVolumeNameFromMountPoint with a more cur… (PR:7642, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [guilib] wrapmultline for toggle button controls (PR:7631, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [guilib] auto-width button needs resizing on label change (PR:7632, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Change some Lirc mappings from 'mytv' to 'livetv' (PR:7616, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • [dialog] fix indentation (PR:7645, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fixes for ff/rw (PR:7627, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • fix TestDatabaseUtils.GetField_MediaTypeSong unit test (PR:7640, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [xbmc][filemanager] Fixes a crash when trying do delete a file in filemanager (PR:7634, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [unittests] - fixed duplicate main function during linkage of unit tests (PR:7654, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • dvdplayer - dispose ffmpeg hw decoder prior to opening a new one (PR:7623, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • dvdplayer - consider clock not last frame on screen when going rewind (PR:7655, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [EPG] Jump to 'now' on init of EPG timeline view (PR:7656, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [guilib] revert fix label overlap in radiobutton control (PR:7662, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  3. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [mmalcodec] Use both dts and pts for determining amount of queued data (d02d6295)
      • [rbp] Refactor the vsync handle to support multiple callers (6bb391e1)
      • [mmalrenderer] Wait for vsync before submitting to mmal when display sync is disabled (13bade65)
      • [omxplayer] Support per refresh rate display latency settings (ebbb0185)
      • [rbp] Leave 3D framepacking output disabled by default (0635ffd5)
      • [omxplayer] Allow automatic switching back to omxplayer after it has been disabled (33cd6884)
      • [omxplayer] Set audio properties for passthrough (f6ca9188)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • dvdplayer: improve rw (6f084b1c)
      • renderer: reset timestamp of current frame on flush (312f17ce)
      • dvdplayer: fix waiting time for buffer when ff (e3c48504)
      • squash me (ce5943a6)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Almost instant crash when opening livetv on #0729c. After few seconds it crashes. Not even network is working anymore.
http://pastebin.com/vAu46us9
(2015-07-28, 20:21)illiac4 Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 18:13)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 18:05)illiac4 Wrote: Same freeze as reported few days ago.
http://pastebin.com/mHWJKG0u

Do you have poor signal from aerial? (i.e. visible errors in video?)
Can you capture the hang from a TV recording? If so a sample file would be useful.

Ok i have recorded the video but nothing can be seen on video. In the rar file is the last segment of non encoded video and full debug log. It seems that only kodi freezes but not the backend (tvheadend) or. system, because i can access it over network when it is freezed.

Here is the link and hope that it will give any clue:
http://bite-in.com/siol/Video_debug.rar

With latest build #0729c this video sample crashes pi2 in few seconds.
(2015-07-30, 07:39)illiac4 Wrote: Almost instant crash when opening livetv on #0729c. After few seconds it crashes. Not even network is working anymore.
http://pastebin.com/vAu46us9

You should have a crashlog if it's crashing:
Code:
paste $(ls -1art /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog* | tail -1)
should upload the most recent crashlog.
I assume that crash is so instant that no chrashlog can be produced. Did you try the video sample?
(2015-07-30, 07:59)illiac4 Wrote: I assume that crash is so instant that no chrashlog can be produced.

Based on the log from post #319 I'd expect there to be a crashlog - it looks like Kodi was up for 152 seconds before it crashed.

(2015-07-30, 07:59)illiac4 Wrote: Did you try the video sample?

I'm just trying it with #0729c.

My deinterlace settings were Auto/Auto, so while playing this video I fiddled about with the deinterlace settings and selected Auto/MMAL-Advanced. The video eventually froze at 27 seconds but audio continued playing. I pressed stop, and the GUI froze. I restarted Kodi (not the Pi2) but then it wouldn't play this video at all, so it looks like the GPU (or something along those lines) had been hosed.

After rebooting the Pi2, I played this video through to completion without any problems.

I then tried to play it a second time, and shortly afterwards video froze at 40 seconds - again audio continues. Pressing stop => frozen GUI.

Debug log: http://sprunge.us/WaZA (playing through to completion, then second time video frozen)

It doesn't always freeze on the second play - I've also had it freeze on the third play, so it's a bit random but should freeze eventually.

No crashes yet though. I'll upload a debug build in case it helps provide a more detailed crashlog.
I am glad that you have been able to reproduce the problem. This is the problem i have been facing for some time. As i have already said it is random crash.
On livetv i have had crashes like you have described.
Today (with latest build) i have an instant crash on this file with immidietly crash of whole pi not just kodi this is I assume i have not chrashlog created.
I have these crashes with live tv (pvr.hts) as well on the latest builds (complete freeze, no crash logs). If it helps I can create a tvh test acoount in the evening so that you should be able to reproduce this. Simply let me know.
Debug enabled builds #0729x: RPi / RPi2
(2015-07-30, 08:49)illiac4 Wrote: On livetv i have had crashes like you have described.

That's the thing, I haven't had any crashes - I've only had GUI freeze/lockups (ssh is working fine, so it's just the Kodi GUI that is frozen).

(2015-07-30, 08:49)illiac4 Wrote: Today (with latest build) i have an instant crash on this file with immidietly crash of whole pi not just kodi this is I assume i have not chrashlog created.

That's rather strange, can you try with a clean .kodi?
Code:
systemctl stop kodi
mv .kodi .kodi.bak
reboot
then once you're done testing, you can restore your old setup:
Code:
systemctl stop kodi
rm -fr .kodi
mv .kodi.bak .kodi
reboot

Also try without any overclock - see if your system continues to crash.
(2015-07-30, 09:32)L-S-D Wrote: I have these crashes with live tv (pvr.hts) as well on the latest builds (complete freeze, no crash logs).

It might help if everyone uses the correct terminology - a "crash" is when Kodi exits unexpectedly and automatically restarts (you should see the splash video each time Kodi restarts). A "freeze" is not a crash (is it just the GUI that is frozen, or the whole Pi - is ssh still working etc.? This GUI/Pi distinction is usually quite important). Someone else in another thread claimed their "Pi is restarting repeatedly" when in fact it was only Kodi crashing and restarting - big difference.

Although if you are experiencing a GUI freeze, then it's most likely the same issue illiac4 has raised.

(2015-07-30, 09:32)L-S-D Wrote: If it helps I can create a tvh test acoount in the evening so that you should be able to reproduce this. Simply let me know.
If it's not crashing, your debug log (wiki) should be sufficient.
actually it's a freeze, so in my case no picture any longer (TV tells me nothing is connected) and no network connectivity/ssh/ping. I can only power cycle the Pi2
(2015-07-30, 10:43)L-S-D Wrote: actually it's a freeze, so in my case no picture any longer (TV tells me nothing is connected) and no network connectivity/ssh/ping. I can only power cycle the Pi2

In that case, are you overclocked? Remove any overclocking as a first step.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10