• 29(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-03, 16:20)J_E_F_F Wrote:
(2015-08-03, 16:10)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-03, 16:08)J_E_F_F Wrote: I am in that group. Can't boot while overclocked on one of my RPi2 units. The other RPi2 boots fine overclocked. Odd.

Could you test latest firmware update? Download:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/...tart_x.elf
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/...ixup_x.dat

rename to start.elf and fixup.dat and replace ones on boot partition of your sdcard. See if that fixes the overclock related crash on boot.

Yes, the RPi2 booted as expected while overclocked, thank you Smile

(2015-08-03, 16:43)J_E_F_F Wrote:
(2015-08-03, 16:24)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-03, 16:20)J_E_F_F Wrote: Yes, the RPi2 booted as expected while overclocked, thank you Smile

Great. That's one of the unexplained issues crossed off.

Looks like I spoke too soon. It did not survive a 2nd, 3rd, 4th reboot. Hung each time just displaying the build number.
Disabling overclock booted/rebooted consistently.

and older builds are rebooting multiple times without problems?
With the beta firmware and my overclock settings of:

arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
avoid_pwm_pll=1
dtoverlay=sdhost,overclock_50=100
over_voltage=2

I get the following crash

I disabled arm_freq = crash
I disabled core_freq = crash
I disabled dtoverlay=sdhost,overclock_50=100 = Success

I re-enabled arm_freq = Success
I re-enabled core_freq = Success

Seems this may be related to dtoverlay=sdhost,overclock_50=100
(2015-08-03, 16:43)J_E_F_F Wrote: Looks like I spoke too soon. It did not survive a 2nd, 3rd, 4th reboot. Hung each time just displaying the build number.
Disabling overclock booted/rebooted consistently.

But no panic now?
Does reducing the overclock a little avoid the hang?
Does reverting the firmware back produce the panic again?

Note: there is a bug in last night's build that can crash Kodi when displaying the splash screen.
I'm not sure if you can be hitting that (I saw it restart kodi a few times before setting, but possibly there are other ways it can fail).
Perhaps revert to preiovious build and then update firmware.
(2015-08-03, 16:58)L-S-D Wrote: and older builds are rebooting multiple times without problems?

Yes. Also just posted more info above. Seems Misa has the same issue and also has dtoverlay=sdhost,overclock_50=100
That is what appears to be causing my problem. Odd, that I have 2 RPi2s both same build, both same microSD card, one has problem, the other does not.
I went back to 712 and then updated to the latest 802
(2015-08-03, 17:04)J_E_F_F Wrote:
(2015-08-03, 16:58)L-S-D Wrote: and older builds are rebooting multiple times without problems?

Yes. Also just posted more info above. Seems Misa has the same issue and also has dtoverlay=sdhost,overclock_50=100
That is what appears to be causing my problem. Odd, that I have 2 RPi2s both same build, both same microSD card, one has problem, the other does not.

I don't have a issue with my config settings
(2015-08-03, 17:02)popcornmix Wrote: But no panic now?

We posted at the same time, so you may have missed the latest screenshot. Take a look just above.
reducing dtoverlay=sdhost,overclock_50 from 100 to 84 seems to get the Pi to reboot reliably (6x so far) with build 802 and the newer firmware
(2015-08-03, 16:49)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-03, 16:44)wchick132 Wrote: gpu_mem set to 256MB, What value should I use? Please note I didn't change my config file, I simply used the OpenELEC RPi Config add-on to change the setting.

Try 512 just to be sure. Unlikely to actually need that much, but if the problem still exists then we know it's not gpu_mem related.

The maximum gpu_mem that I could set with OpenELEC RPi Config add-on is 448MB. Set it to this value and reboot, x265/HEVC video with external subtitle file ran into freeze-pixelation-recovery sequence as before. With another x265/HEVC video file (same TV episode) but with embedded subtitle, also exhibit the same problem. However, when I turned the subtitle display off, it plays flawlessly so far (more than 15 minutes).

It seems increase the value of gpu_mem didn't help.
(2015-08-03, 17:20)wchick132 Wrote: The maximum gpu_mem that I could set with OpenELEC RPi Config add-on is 448MB. Set it to this value and reboot, x265/HEVC video with external subtitle file ran into freeze-pixelation-recovery sequence as before. With another x265/HEVC video file (same TV episode) but with embedded subtitle, also exhibit the same problem. However, when I turned the subtitle display off, it plays flawlessly so far (more than 15 minutes).

Can you provide an external subtitle file that is known to cause issues?
I did play a hevc file through a few times without issue at weekend, but there ware no subtitles.
(2015-08-03, 16:16)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-03, 16:13)Kiralina Wrote: With the latest build the image is frozen on RP2. I tried it with and without overclocking. Back to #0725.

I have these image freezing problems with all the newer builds.

More details please. Was #0725 the first build with the problem?
Does it affect omxplayer/dvdplayer?
Does it occur with sync plackback to display on/off.
Does it apply to all files? What is container/codec of a problematic file?
debug log (wiki)?

Build #0725 works fine, and I have:
-OMX player unchecked
-sync playback to display is on.
-it applies to all online content from add-ons as istream, genesis, phoenix, etc. With the latest 5 builds when I hit play video, it starts the video, but the first movie image remains frozen while I hear the dialogs in the background. If I downgrade to #0725 all works fine. Maybe 0726 or 0727 would also work. I didn't try them. I jumped from #0725 to #0729c, 0730, 0731,0801 and 0802 and had this problem with all 5 newer builds. Overclocked or not, it's all the same.
(2015-08-03, 17:41)Kiralina Wrote: Build #0725 works fine, and I have:
-OMX player unchecked
-sync playback to display is on.
-it applies to all online content from add-ons as istream, genesis, phoenix, etc. With the latest 5 builds when I hit play video, it starts the video, but the first movie image remains frozen while I hear the dialogs in the background. If I downgrade to #0725 all works fine. Maybe 0726 or 0727 would also work. I didn't try them. I jumped from #0725 to #0729c, 0730, 0731,0801 and 0802 and had this problem with all 5 newer builds.

Would be useful if you can confirm the exact build that introduced the problem.
(2015-08-03, 17:28)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-03, 17:20)wchick132 Wrote: The maximum gpu_mem that I could set with OpenELEC RPi Config add-on is 448MB. Set it to this value and reboot, x265/HEVC video with external subtitle file ran into freeze-pixelation-recovery sequence as before. With another x265/HEVC video file (same TV episode) but with embedded subtitle, also exhibit the same problem. However, when I turned the subtitle display off, it plays flawlessly so far (more than 15 minutes).

Can you provide an external subtitle file that is known to cause issues?
I did play a hevc file through a few times without issue at weekend, but there ware no subtitles.

My uplink speed is very slow and I'm not familiar so it would take some time.

It's not a specific subtitle file. I download all my subtitle files from www.addic7ed.com, rename it so that it's the same with x265/HEVC video file but with .srt extension. If you don't want to wait, you can download whatever subtitle, rename it to the name of your video and test.
(2015-08-03, 17:44)wchick132 Wrote: It's not a specific subtitle file. I download all my subtitle files from www.addic7ed.com, rename it so that it's the same with x265/HEVC video file but with .srt extension. If you don't want to wait, you can download whatever subtitle, rename it to the name of your video and test.

Can you point to the url (on addic7ed.com) of a specific file you have seen a problem with, and I'll download from there.
It looks like the new libnfs may have introduced a problem in #0802. I just had a SEGV.
http://sprunge.us/OZFJ
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10