• 46(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-14, 20:18)gandharva Wrote: This seems to fix my lockup issues. On top of that build I added the night before:
Code:
disable_auto_turbo=1
No lockups so far, but this needs some time to get sure.

Do you have any overclock settings in config.txt?
No.
(2015-08-14, 20:20)gandharva Wrote: No

Can you remove disable_auto_turbo=1 and add:
Code:
force_turbo=1
gpu_freq=300
and let me know if that also works? Need to work out if running at 300MHz is the problem you have, or if switching turbo on/off is the problem.
I will change and report back on sunday night or monday morning as I'm out of house tomorrow. Thanks so far!
(2015-08-14, 09:42)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 08:50)Patrics83 Wrote: Sorry for the delay... Smile

Here's the output: http://sprunge.us/TAaB

(build #0803)

Yes that confirms OOM, almost certainly due to the unbounded recursion consuming all memory (or maybe just heap).

Although this is obviously an issue, it could also be "by design" (albeit a design that doesn't work well/at all on low memory systems) in which case I'd suggest opening a trac ticket and hopefully a developer familiar with this area can decide if there's a better way of handling recursive slideshows that will work without using all available memory.

Thanks for the advice.
I have now opened a ticket, hopefully someone will be able to optimize the method.
(2015-08-14, 20:59)Patrics83 Wrote: Thanks for the advice.
I have now opened a ticket, hopefully someone will be able to optimize the method.

Your logs have an unwanted "/" at the end and so don't work.
Probably not the correct place, but I was after some help getting a custom openelec build to run.

I've got a patch that I want to test out for json-rpc to enable setting timers via this interface. It needs to sit on top of the pvr series recording, so I can't just add in the patch into the current build kodi patches directory as that is based on koi 15 rc1 and the par is in 16 head. Obviously Milhouse has figured this out (what patches are required and where to get them) so I was after some help/advice!

Thanks... and sorry if this is too far off-topic.
(2015-08-14, 21:43)stevegal Wrote: Probably not the correct place, but I was after some help getting a custom openelec build to run.

I've got a patch that I want to test out for json-rpc to enable setting timers via this interface. It needs to sit on top of the pvr series recording, so I can't just add in the patch into the current build kodi patches directory as that is based on koi 15 rc1 and the par is in 16 head. Obviously Milhouse has figured this out (what patches are required and where to get them) so I was after some help/advice!

Thanks... and sorry if this is too far off-topic.

All my build scripts and information (including a couple of READMEs) is inside a tar that is included inside each build tar. Have a read, then ask if you have any questions (a separate thread would probably be best for any how-to-build questions).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-14, 21:37)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 20:59)Patrics83 Wrote: Thanks for the advice.

Your logs have an unwanted "/" at the end and so don't work.
Whoops Big Grin
(2015-08-14, 15:46)keynet Wrote: I took the SD card out, resized the partitions and loaded your test build.
Here's the crashlog

That looks like a partially created crashlog, which is always a risk when Kodi is crashing repeatedly at startup... I'll try and fix that with a PR.

Would be good if you could upload an earlier (and hopefully complete) crashlog from #0813x.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
My sample finally finished uploading. It is available at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8TU_Cp...sp=sharing
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0814: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.4 #1 Fri Aug 14 23:09:44 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 13 2015 17:49:56
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 1a80d1a84ccd39da33b5d3895cd83b10c9ec09af (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150814230853-#0814-gcac5a18 [Build #0814]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001575.506: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (cac5a18a, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (0ec9e53f, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Add hang fix when seeking (see link)
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • Announce exports (PR:7788, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [mysql] Fix formatting arg that leads to segfault (PR:7804, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [mysql] Fix formatting arg that leads to segfault #2 (PR:7806, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Bypass active AudioDSP-System (PR:7557, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • filesystem: add xbt:// implementation and support loading image resources from XBT files (PR:7694, 7 commits, 35 files changed)
    • [FontTTF] Fixed a blurry font which is happening sometimes in some cases. (PR:7784, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [Confluence] - fix WindowOpen animation for Eventlog (PR:7811, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix TexturePacker (PR:7810, 5 commits, 11 files changed)
    • [Confluence] add menucontrol to eventlog window (066f0950)
    • [Confluence] epggrid - remove onback, menu key can now be used to focus the sidemenu (7a7f7734)
  2. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • squash: rbp: Remove HW mouse pointer when mouse is disabled in GUI (cd136929)
      • dvdplayer: fix dropped frame counter - it counted not all drops (34617317)
      • [mmalrenderer] Add reference counting to sw decode buffer and improve logging messages (fc8961cf)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: PR:4276: Use a temporary filename when creating new crashlog
    • Added: PR:7803: events: only log incompatible/broken add-ons that are installed
0814 still freezes when seeking and advanced deinterlacing is enabled. Popcornmix, were you able to reproduce the freeze?
(2015-08-15, 04:17)zaphod24 Wrote: 0814 still freezes when seeking and advanced deinterlacing is enabled. Popcornmix, were you able to reproduce the freeze?

Testing your file now. I've caught a hang on seek in the debugger and have an idea what the issue is.
(2015-08-15, 04:17)zaphod24 Wrote: 0814 still freezes when seeking and advanced deinterlacing is enabled. Popcornmix, were you able to reproduce the freeze?

I have a fix. If you want to test it now then try:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3669...phod24.zip

Otherwise it should be in tonight's build.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10