• 78(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-09-15, 17:22)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 16:59)bagofcrap24 Wrote: Thought i had noticed it a couple of times but didn't think anything of it.
At start of playback sometimes I'm just presented with a black video screen.
Sometimes it stays as a black screen for a second or two, audio starts but video does not, then a few seconds later the video resumes from the correct point.
Sometimes it just stays on a black screen indefinetly.

Any idea when you first saw this? I'd be intested if it coincided with switch to VideoPlayer.
It was some time within the last week or 2 that I noticed irregularities at the start of playback.
But it was only then when I had switched back to using OMX acceleration instead of mmal so the problem could be a lot older than that.
I'll try going back through some builds and see if I can narrow it down

[EDIT]
Gone back to build 819 (I know a long way back)
The first attempt at loading this file - behaved similarly to the reported issue. sat on a black screen for a couple of seconds, audio started, then a couple of seconds later the video appeared at the correct point.
All subsequent attempts to load this video resulted in Normal playback from the beginning of the file (no indefinite black screen)

Build 529
No Playback Issues At All

Back to Build 819
same issue as 1st time around.
1st attempt to load the file will result in black screen for 2 seconds, audio start, then 2-3 seconds later video starts.
During this time of black screenness If i pull up the menu the video seek timer is stuck at 15seconds until both audio and video catch up to this point.
Code:
systemctl restart kodi
then attempting to play the file again will result in the 1st attempt having the black screen issue. All subsequent attempts play properly

Somewhere between 712 & 717 (I'll narrow further) for the initial startup delay
Still need to check which build introduces the issue where playback doesnt start at all (just sits on black screen)
(2015-09-15, 16:59)bagofcrap24 Wrote: Thought i had noticed it a couple of times but didn't think anything of it.
At start of playback sometimes I'm just presented with a black video screen.
Sometimes it stays as a black screen for a second or two, audio starts but video does not, then a few seconds later the video resumes from the correct point.
Sometimes it just stays on a black screen indefinetly.

Here is a log.
http://pastebin.com/rNdj8XdZ

Can you clarify exactly what occurred in the log. There are 11 different files in log, although the last one (S01E35) was opened 7 times.
Were you launching the file, or do you have a playlist or are automatically playing the next file?
Was it just the last one with the problem, or did earlier ones behave badly?

Are the files interlaced? I see this in log that suggests they are:
Code:
15:49:35 19567.230469 T:1502405632  NOTICE: OMXDoProcessing - Reopen stream due to interlace change (1,1,25,27)

but want to check that is not a false detection.
apologies. I was watching episodes previous to this one. It was S01E35 that had given me the problems. (though I have seen one of the 2 issues on other files aswell)
I watch 1 episode
move to the next in the library then watch that
there are no playlists or automation of moving onto the next files

The video in question is not interlaced

Code:
General
Unique ID                                : 0 (0x0)
Complete name                            : W:\Test Videos\in.mkv
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 2
File size                                : 284 MiB
Duration                                 : 24mn 30s
Overall bit rate                         : 1 622 Kbps
Encoded date                             : UTC 2010-02-22 21:41:29
Writing application                      : no_variable_data
Writing library                          : no_variable_data
Attachment                               : Yes

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 8 frames
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Nominal bit rate                         : 1 500 Kbps
Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
Height                                   : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.068
Writing library                          : x264 core 98 r1629 2e81ce1
Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=8 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=6 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / weightp=0 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=1500 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=3486 / vbv_bufsize=3487 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:0.50 / nal_hrd=none
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : Yes

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : LC
Codec ID                                 : A_AAC
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 44.1 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy

Text
ID                                       : 3
Format                                   : ASS
Codec ID                                 : S_TEXT/ASS
Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Sub Station Alpha
Compression mode                         : Lossless
(2015-09-15, 20:04)bagofcrap24 Wrote: The video in question is not interlaced

How reproducible is the failure with that file? Could you upload a sample (or the whole file if a sample doesn't exhibit the problem) and PM me a link?
(2015-09-15, 20:07)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 20:04)bagofcrap24 Wrote: The video in question is not interlaced

How reproducible is the failure with that file? Could you upload a sample (or the whole file if a sample doesn't exhibit the problem) and PM me a link?

It's reproducable on 914 for one of the two things to happen everytime I have tried it with OMX acceleration enabled.
When i cut the file down it behaved differently so I'll give you a link to the full thing, just shy of 300MB
MD5: 6D7631DBD7CC918E31FF93BF53D56468
I'll PM you the link (apologies for the delay. for some reason I cant get access to my FTP server from outside my LAN so I'll have to go to mediafire)
I have noticed with VideoPlayer that videos will sometimes start windowed, ie. with the GUI menu overlaying the video which is playing in the background. It's pretty random.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-09-15, 20:32)Milhouse Wrote: I have noticed with VideoPlayer that videos will sometimes start windowed, ie. with the GUI menu overlaying the video which is playing in the background. It's pretty random.

Yes I've spotted that. Happens more often with harder videos (e.g. 1080i60). I'm in contact with FernetMenta about that.
Build #0713 introduces the delayed audio & video startup. interlace settings was set on auto. Changing these to off and restarting kodi allows this file to playback normally.
Code:
(New firmware with 1080i de-interlace; new kernel 4.1.2; bump to ffmpeg-2.7.1; BCM270x: Switch to firmware driver)
looks like you was onto something with it detecting it as interlaced

I have gone back up to build 914 done some playing.
With "Deinterlace Video" set to "Auto"
choosing any specific "Deinterlace Method" reults in normal playback
choosing "Auto Select" results in the delayed audio & video start
With "Deinterlace Video" set to "On"
choosing any specific "Deinterlace Method" reults in normal playback
choosing "Auto Select" results in playback not starting at all
I tried #907 and #908 in case the mmal fixes sorted out my problems with watching LiveTV and playing back recordings (stutter every 9s) but unfortunately they didn't help.

I just tried this, which didn't help:

(2015-09-10, 17:01)polo_joe Wrote: Tried this cmdline.txt
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0xF

unfortunately no change.

and then tried this, which didn't help either (I presume the hvs_priority line is meant to be added to config.txt?):

(2015-09-11, 15:08)popcornmix Wrote: Can you try this test firmware.
Copy start_x.elf and fixup_x.dat and replace start.elf and fixup.dat from the boot partition of OE sdcard.

and add:
Code:
hvs_priority=0x100000
(2015-09-15, 21:38)bagofcrap24 Wrote: Build #0713 introduces the delayed audio & video startup. interlace settings was set on auto. Changing these to off and restarting kodi allows this file to playback normally.
Code:
(New firmware with 1080i de-interlace; new kernel 4.1.2; bump to ffmpeg-2.7.1; BCM270x: Switch to firmware driver)

Are you saying #0712 is fine?

I've played the file about 15 times with omxplayer enabled and it always starts quickly, and I don't get the "Reopen stream due to interlace change" message in log.
I've tried with "deinterlace video" set to on/off/auto and all are working okay.

This is with debug build. I'll try again with milhouse build when I'm home.
(2015-09-15, 21:45)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 21:38)bagofcrap24 Wrote: Build #0713 introduces the delayed audio & video startup. interlace settings was set on auto. Changing these to off and restarting kodi allows this file to playback normally.
Code:

Are you saying #0712 is fine?

I've played the file about 15 times with omxplayer enabled and it always starts quickly, and I don't get the "Reopen stream due to interlace change" message in log.
I've tried with "deinterlace video" set to on/off/auto and all are working okay.

This is with debug build. I'll try again with milhouse build when I'm home.

Build 712 played this video fine with both settings on Auto
Build 713 started with the delayed start.

Here is a video of what I'm experiencing
and the accompanying Log
http://pastebin.com/rq5VbDAw

(2015-09-15, 22:19)bagofcrap24 Wrote: Build 712 played this video fine with both settings on Auto

and the accompanying Log

Thanks. I think I've got an idea.
Can you try another test. Leave "deinterlace video" on auto, but change "deinterlace method" to advanced (or anything other than "auto select").
If that works then I think I know what may be going on.
(2015-09-15, 23:22)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 22:19)bagofcrap24 Wrote: Build 712 played this video fine with both settings on Auto

and the accompanying Log

Thanks. I think I've got an idea.
Can you try another test. Leave "deinterlace video" on auto, but change "deinterlace method" to advanced (or anything other than "auto select").
If that works then I think I know what may be going on.

sorry i should have mentioned that before. The video plays normally if anything other than Auto Select is chosen
to clarify.
"deinterlace method" has to be set to auto to get any issues.
"deinterlace" OFF - normal, ON - no playback, auto - delayed start
(2015-09-15, 23:29)bagofcrap24 Wrote: sorry i should have mentioned that before. The video plays normally if anything other than Auto Select is chosen

Okay, I think the issue is understood. I've pushed a fix. Probably won't make tonight's build but should be there for tomorrow.
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0915: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.7 #1 Tue Sep 15 21:10:24 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep 14 2015 19:42:22
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version b8dac9fd087b95a97cc6b522638f8c21c119ee0a (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150915210414-#0915-ge3e0715 [Build #0915]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001736.957: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (e3e07154, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (47398259, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Bump Kodi GUI ABI - set skins before 15 as incompatible
  2. Enable RPi touchscreen and serial console
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • imx6: always start fan script and check system type inside (PR:4320, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • projects/RPi*: add serial console service (a09ae66e)
    • add EXTRA_CMDLINE option to add kernel command line arguments (e3203be0)
    • projects/RPi*: set up a serial console for devel images (f90b3963)
    • update to 0.2.5598, update link, fix licence (e3e07154)
  2. XBMC:
    • bump GUI ABI version to Kodi version 15 as minimum (PR:8055, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
    • Commits no longer in build:
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: patch: Enable RPi and some other touchscreens (similar to Raspbian)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10