• 80(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
could PR:8008 be romeved from the test builds until PVR.GetChannels is fixed?
I just installed #0916 on an rPI2 with the official touchscreen, and can confirm that the display and touch does indeed work. Everything seems to be working pretty well, however I have encountered a bug when the Pi is using the touchscreen display:

During the playback of any videos (mkv or avi format tested) the sound drops out briefly (< 0.1 sec) every second or so, for as long as the file is played. Music files (mp3 and FLAC) with no video play back fine with no dropouts. The problem only occurs when the touchscreen is active, if I connect the Pi to a TV via HDMI the audio and video playback are fine. The dropouts happen using the built-in 3.5mm audio out as well as any USB soundcards I connect.

Thanks Milhouse for all your work, I'm very close to realising my dream of a completely standalone portable rPi media player.
(2015-09-17, 04:02)doveman2 Wrote: I haven't reported it before I don't think but sometimes when playing a video/movie, the audio pitch fluctuates for maybe 5s before settling down.

If you change sync method to "adjust pll" in video/playback settings you won't get this. You also won't get this with omxplayer.
It an artefact of how dvdplayer (now videoplayer) corrects A/V sync through resampling at start of playback.
(2015-09-17, 07:20)woronczak Wrote: I have a RPi2 connected to a Pioneer VSX-324 Amplifier and then to a BenQ w1070 projector (I think I can recall reading that there is at least one or two other people with similar setups - HDMKV? Movie78?).

I am running the latest Milhouse build (0916) although this issue still happens even with the latest 5.95 Openelec release (I think this is a bug, but thought I would ask your opinions)

I have Full HD HDMI modes for 3d and MVC (full frame 3d) enabled. Audio is set so that passthrough is off (so the Pi is outputting PCM multichannel to the amp) with 5.1 channels. Adjust display refresh rate = always; Sync Playback to display = off (although changing this doesn't seem to make any difference). The GUI resolution is set to 1080p 23.98 (this projector supports Frame Packing 3D at this resolution, but not at say 50hz, where it only supports SBS; I know that this doesn't matter for playback when it is set to be synced to display, but bear with me))

When I play a 3d MVC movie that has been ripped using MakeMKV and flagged as a 3d file (actually just figured out it can be any 1080p 3D movie inc SBS and TAB), it automatically triggers the "Frame Packing" 1080p mode of the projector and displays the file as it should, in proper 3d with sound. However when I stop playing the file, the projector does not get the message to switch back to 2D / non frame packing, so the UI is distorted (looks like SBS as if I close 1 eye, I can see half the screen and vice versa). To rectify this, I can either turn 3D mode off on the projector (which is set to auto by default) or head to the Kodi System - Video - Resolution settings and change it to something else. I have "disable stereoscopic 3d mode when playback ended" enabled (although again this makes no difference on or off).

If the GUI resolution is set to something else (say 1080 / 50) where the projector does NOT support frame packing at that resolution, then there are no issues - the video plays properly and when stopped, returns to the gui at the appropriate resolution without the projector being stuck in 3d frame packing.

I cannot see that there was anything exciting in the log, but here is the link:
http://pastebin.com/t9RJKJj5

In the meantime, I will just keep using the GUI at 1080/50hz where everything is OK.

Would be keen to see if this affects others as well.

Cheers
Yep, I have the same issue with my BenQ W1070, and also my new Epson 5025UB. 3dgeek also reported it with his W1070. In my case, I don't see the issue now with GUI set to 1080/60hz, and Adjust display refresh rate enabled (at start/stop) and Sync Playback to display disabled. At least I don't think... I'll play around with my Pi and W1070 more this weekend.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-09-17, 07:21)woronczak Wrote: Oh and another thing, how do you trigger 3d Isos? What settings do you need to have for that?

You select the ISO file. The simple blueray menu that normally pops up has an extra item saying "play as 3d".
Make sure "adjust display refresh rate to match video" is enabled and you enable "support MVC".
Enable "Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D" if your display supports frame-packing 3D modes.

Note: the "play as 3d" option may be removed in the future. I feel if you play a 3d iso and have "support MVC" enabled in settings.
(2015-09-17, 14:34)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 07:21)woronczak Wrote: Oh and another thing, how do you trigger 3d Isos? What settings do you need to have for that?

You select the ISO file. The simple blueray menu that normally pops up has an extra item saying "play as 3d".
Make sure "adjust display refresh rate to match video" is enabled and you enable "support MVC".
Enable "Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D" if your display supports frame-packing 3D modes.

Note: the "play as 3d" option may be removed in the future. I feel if you play a 3d iso and have "support MVC" enabled in settings.

Cool. I had the "Play Main Movie" selected, so I did not get the menu option. Will change it to Simple Menu and have a play with that.

Actually, I think having the option to "Play as 3d" would be good to leave - it is a bit easier to do it (trigger 3d or 2d) with a menu option before playing than to have to stop the movie, go to the 3D icon and then disable it or go back to the settings menu if you want to watch a movie in 2d instead of 3d.

HDMKV - I'm not entirely sure that's exactly the same issue. This happens 100% of the time if the GUI resolution is 1080 / 23.98 on any 3d movie and it doesn't say "no signal" - W1070 the projector stays on 1080 / 24 / Frame packing and the GUI shows up with the L half of the screen overlapping the right one (so Kodi is not sending or the Projector is not receiving the message to turn back to the GUI resolution of 1080/23.98 without frame packing).
(2015-09-17, 14:58)woronczak Wrote: HDMKV - I'm not entirely sure that's exactly the same issue. This happens 100% of the time if the GUI resolution is 1080 / 23.98 on any 3d movie and it doesn't say "no signal" - W1070 the projector stays on 1080 / 24 / Frame packing and the GUI shows up with the L half of the screen overlapping the right one (so Kodi is not sending or the Projector is not receiving the message to turn back to the GUI resolution of 1080/23.98 without frame packing).

Can you ssh in and report output of:
Code:
tvservice -s
when you have the overlapping gui.
(2015-09-17, 09:01)L-S-D Wrote: could PR:8008 be romeved from the test builds until PVR.GetChannels is fixed?

I'll revert it with the next build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-09-17, 15:18)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 09:01)L-S-D Wrote: could PR:8008 be romeved from the test builds until PVR.GetChannels is fixed?

I'll revert it with the next build.

great, thank you
Is there any chance to get Dolby Atmos working in the future?

If not, I can live with PCM!
(2015-09-17, 16:36)lolli_lutscher Wrote: Is there any chance to get Dolby Atmos working in the future?

If not, I can live with PCM!

If you have 8 speakers or less then in theory the Atmos can be decoded and mixed on the Pi and output as PCM.
But an open source Atmos decoder would need to appear for that.
HDMI PCM can't handle more than 8 output channels though.

I don't believe Atmos can be passed through for the receiver to decode as that requires HBR (8 channels of 192kHz) which the hardware doesn't support.
(2015-09-17, 12:47)popcornmix Wrote: If you change sync method to "adjust pll" in video/playback settings you won't get this. You also won't get this with omxplayer.
It an artefact of how dvdplayer (now videoplayer) corrects A/V sync through resampling at start of playback.

Ah thanks. Is there a reason why it defaults to "resample" then, if that has this problem and "adjust pll" doesn't?
(2015-09-17, 17:13)doveman2 Wrote: Ah thanks. Is there a reason why it defaults to "resample" then, if that has this problem and "adjust pll" doesn't?

Some receivers (mostly Onkyo) don't like the clock adjustment and you can get dropouts, so the resample option is safer.
(2015-09-17, 17:15)popcornmix Wrote: Some receivers (mostly Onkyo) don't like the clock adjustment and you can get dropouts, so the resample option is safer.

Makes sense, thanks.
the "play as 3D" option in the simple menu has to die. We already have a setting for the preferred playback mode of 3D movies and this one should also be used for 3D blurays. Which means that on 3D blurays the "play main movie" would automatically play the 3D stream and Kodi then decides based on the global setting how this 3D video should be played back. Or something like that.
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10