• 122(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-10-28, 04:16)Jdiesel Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 03:35)tate1293 Wrote: I have recently set up my RPI2 and installed OpenELEC and have gotten everything working except Dolby TrueHD. It was my understanding that the newer builds can decode TrueHD and output as PCM, however, no matter what settings I try, I cannot get the center channel working. The only way I can hear voices is if I change the speaker setting to 2.1 or 4.1, but any higher and the center channel goes missing. What can I do to fix this? Thanks.

What does the first line of the codec info show when playing the video?

Do you mean where it says "English -7.1-Dolby True HD 7.1"?
(2015-10-28, 05:26)tate1293 Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 04:16)Jdiesel Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 03:35)tate1293 Wrote: I have recently set up my RPI2 and installed OpenELEC and have gotten everything working except Dolby TrueHD. It was my understanding that the newer builds can decode TrueHD and output as PCM, however, no matter what settings I try, I cannot get the center channel working. The only way I can hear voices is if I change the speaker setting to 2.1 or 4.1, but any higher and the center channel goes missing. What can I do to fix this? Thanks.

What does the first line of the codec info show when playing the video?

If you hit the "o" key on your keyboard while the video is playing it will bring up the codec info.
(2015-10-28, 05:33)Jdiesel Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 05:26)tate1293 Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 04:16)Jdiesel Wrote: What does the first line of the codec info show when playing the video?

If you hit the "o" key on your keyboard while the video is playing it will bring up the codec info.

I don't have a keyboard hooked up to the raspberry pi...just a cec remote...is there any way to show the info in the gui or should I scrounge up a keyboard to connect?
You could try long pressing the info button, hold it down for two seconds, on your cec remote during playback. If that doesn't work you could always use one the the mobile remote apps. I know that long pressing the info button on the official Kodi remote app works.
(2015-10-28, 05:37)tate1293 Wrote: I don't have a keyboard hooked up to the raspberry pi...just a cec remote...is there any way to show the info in the gui or should I scrounge up a keyboard to connect?

If you have no keyboard connected, you can ssh to the Pi and execute:
Code:
texturecache.py input showcodec
to toggle the codec display on or off.

However uploading a debug log (wiki) after playing the file would also show the media info.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I realize that these builds are "bleeding edge" as far as stability. That being said, I've noticed a trend in the last few days that I've not seen anybody reporting. Namely, a bunch of streaming addon's have suddenly stopped working for me. I get the whole "Streaming URL's go down all the time" stuff. However, I've been getting a lot of "Failed to load file, check error log for details" on many streams that work fine if I downgrade to an official build. I've had this happen with streams that may not be supported by the Kodi team, I'm not sure what are and what aren't, so I won't mention who. But I'll leave it simply as Video and Radio streams. Most notably was a local radio station that has been streaming the local weather for like the past 15 years, and I can access directly with a web browser. When I enable a full DEBUG log, and read through it, there are actually a bunch of indications that certain files aren't existing that the python scripts require. For instance, it will show that it is trying to render the audio stream then say the codec required was either missing, or not working correctly. Then Python would throw up errors about script line # xxxx stopping prematurely or whatever. It does this on a BUNCH of different streams and types. I've not been able to narrow down a specific file format or codec. It seems hit or miss. Using one addon for radio, I can play other local stations just fine, then others completely bomb out. The same is true with Video.. where others will play fine, and others won't start at all. Usually the streams are playable through alternative means (downgrading the OS build, playing on a computer, etc), so it's not like the url address's are down. I've attempted to distinguish if the problems are related to specific addons (where the authors would need to update for the new builds) but it seems more and more like the problem is with the build itself not having certain requirements that the addons rely on for use.

It's like 1am here right now, and I'm half asleep. But I wanted to report this in the hopes that maybe somebody else can provide a little light on it and come to a solution. I'll try replicating some of the errors tomorrow and try to save a log to a Dropbox for you guys to look at.
The reason there are daily builds is so that when a regression occurs the build that introduced the regression can be identified relatively quickly.

Try testing with the YouTube addon. You might also want to try testing without the "questionable" add-ons - rename .kodi to .kodi.bak and then test with a "clean" system.

Please don't use dropbox for logs (unless the log is excessively large), use a pastebin-type site. OpenELEC can upload most logs directly with the ssh command "paste /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log", then paste the link into this thread.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Is there any way to change the chapter behaviour in KODI? When I set the option "play next video automatically" KODI creates an internal playlist if a folder contains more than one file, which is a great feature. But while pressing the next button KODI jumps to next next file, not to the chapter (if this is available). I guess this is not a bug and works as designed, but trying to change behaviour with a custom keymap.xml (chapterorbigstepforward option) does not work, too.
@ztarbugz: nothing to do with these builds, please ask in a separate thread (and as it's not even RPi specific you would be better off asking in the OS Independent forum)
Yes behavior started recently, last working addon was 4.1-433 I think.
Also interesting if I deactivate and reactivate the addon it's working. If I do a restart then, the addon is still working without deactivation.
Only cold start (pi and tv card were switched off) is a problem.

(2015-10-27, 23:37)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-10-27, 20:42)polo_joe Wrote: When I start kodi the tvheadend addon isn't working. If I deactivate and reactivate the addon all working good.

dmesg http://sprunge.us/ICQQ
kodi.log http://sprunge.us/AccA
journalctl http://sprunge.us/cJKI

Did this behaviour start recently? Which OpenELEC build does it start with?

Although to be honest I really don't know anything about tvheadend. Make sure you are using the latest tvheadend addon that is uploaded after each build (or maybe that's part of the problem - did an older tvheadend work better?), or run it past the tvheadend developers as it's their addon/server etc.
This is a tvheadend support issue, please notify the tvheadend developers.
(2015-10-28, 07:08)hansolo77 Wrote: I realize that these builds are "bleeding edge" as far as stability. That being said, I've noticed a trend in the last few days that I've not seen anybody reporting. Namely, a bunch of streaming addon's have suddenly stopped working for me.

If this occurred recently can you identify the first Milhouse build with the problem? Then we can go through the changelist and identify what is responsible.
A sample URL that works with stable and fails with latest Milhouse builds would also be useful (Search log for "Opening:" and you should see the URL used). Ideally this URL should come from a non-banned add-on.
Just a heads up to anyone using VDR for live TV and who is suffering from the frozen Pi problem after a while:
Switch to TVHeadend and it no longer happens. Although I still get these messages in the logs every 1-5 minutes

Code:
Oct 28 12:39:53 RPI2 tvheadend[740]: TS: Kabel Deutschland/538MHz/DELUXE MUSIC: MPEG2VIDEO @ #2351 Continuity counter error (total 237)

the RPi2 I set up over night is still running and playing TV. The age of VDR shows here, it was written one and
a half decades ago, for a whole different setup.
Katastrophentourist
Hi i'm running build 1026 on rpi2 everytime after reboot i loose my skinsettings.

The settings.xml in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.aeon.nox.silvo is also empty.

Is this a bug on jarvis on rpi2?

Thanks!
(2015-10-28, 21:31)Pienoet Wrote: Hi i'm running build 1026 on rpi2 everytime after reboot i loose my skinsettings.

The settings.xml in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.aeon.nox.silvo is also empty.

Is this a bug on jarvis on rpi2?

Thanks!

I experienced this same issue a few weeks back. I never did take any logs or troubleshoot it but I can confirm that doing a clean install starting with the OE 5.95.5 disk image solved my problems.
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10