intel 855gme-Kodi not working
Hi
I have an ancient Toshiba satellite a50-111 which I recently revived with a new hdd. I am running ubuntu 12.04. The problem is that I cannot run the latest xbmc (Kodi). I see that there is no 3d acceleration by default something that xbmc demands (?). So after successful installation of xbmc when I try to run it crashes. Please is there a solution? I have search the internet for so long but not yet a solution. I don't want to give up because I love my stuff.

Thank you
What should I tell you?

There is no sane solution to run kodi / xbmc on that hardware as it cannot do the 3D acceleration, we need - as we have an OpenGL application here.

Some people, that are happy with outdated hw and try to fool themselves overwrite the GL_VERSION ....

From terminal (in one line):
Code:
MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.0 xbmc

^^ this is not suggested and has absolutely no support.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you for the reply.

I forgot to tell you that its a double boot system and I intentionally installed windows 7 in order to be able to run Kodi with 3d acceleration. Its running ok but its to heavy on system resources so not snappy at all.. I was hoping for a way to enable 3d acceleration in a ubuntu system with a driver modification or so.

I will try your suggestion later.
Update

I tried your suggestion and it works perfectly. Thank you so much.

I guess I can ditch windows now Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
intel 855gme-Kodi not working0