• 35(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
The provided imgs for OE work perfectly on BSW as does the official beta 5.95.4. Those imgs were used in most public reviews.

5.0.4 was never meant to run on BSW. It was released when BSW did not exist at all.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-02, 07:05)fritsch Wrote: The provided imgs for OE work perfectly on BSW as does the official beta 5.95.4. Those imgs were used in most public reviews.

5.0.4 was never meant to run on BSW. It was released when BSW did not exist at all.

Hi Fritsch just a quick question concerning the OFFICIAL Beta 5.95.4 of openelec.
Did you or fernetmeta include the Last Results in this Beta too ?
I thought the Inventionen based on this Thread here were only included on the Test-Version from Page 1...

By the way.. i' m Running a N3050 Asrock Mainboard here based on the openelec version here With some Interlaced TV channels ..... With nearly no big power consumption (around 15w with a 3tb Hd and a SSD). TV channels will be SERVED by an externen Sat-IP Server (4 Tuner, Grundig dsi400) . This could be my final TV Client here for

After 4 days of testingi Must say it ist Rock solid and the MCDI Interlacing gives a Perfect picture , zapplig Is fast aus hell too...less than 1s !!!!!!

Hope that this will find the way into stable Release 6 of openelec at the end ?

Regards arel

P.s i Worte this Text with my iPad...Auto Spellimg is a mightmare and i have no idea how to Switch it Off ? on a iOS machine...stupid me.
Nothing is in any official OE images. This code lives in fernet's master. Only the imgs I provided in this thread are in official tech demos delivered as is.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-08-25, 20:24)fritsch Wrote: In theory it should work. But Timo uses a N3700 Nuc - and for him 4k HEVC videos just decode into green :-( - it might have to do with the internal GPU memory reservation, which is not changeable on the NUC Pentium.

Which device do you own?

On Intel NUC NUC5PPYH (With Pentium 3700) it is possible to change the memory settings for the GPU. See Screenshot

Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
This was already resolved. It's a driver bug in the 1.6.0 vaapi driver.

wsnipex already provided fixed package via his ppa.
Ah ok Smile Will there soon be a current testversion with HEVC Vaapi Support?
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
The ppa contains hevc support since a week. Happy testing.
Ok....

Works fine now (Fresh Kodibuntu with all Updates): https://youtu.be/1MFOnUxFDxk

But one problem. Yatse or the official Kodi Remote for Android are not Working. Sync with Database failed Sad
Is Kernel 4.1.3 unstable required, or 4.2 unstable can/should be used (Braswell, N3150)?

Is ppa-build-depend still required? i remember reading it is not required anymore, but it is still in the first post.
Kernel must be >= 4.1, so 4.2 is okay. build-dep ppa is not required anymore.
may a non super human build an oe version based on your /fernet git using this guide ? :
http://openelec.tv/forum/12-guides-tips-...lec-distro
What about you? :-)
Fritsch,
About building same OE version than you (with EGL and latest vaapi for HEVC), what is needed ?

Only build OE from https://github.com/fritsch/OpenELEC.tv/tree/EGL
Or does it need some patch to take the right FernetMenta/xbmc, vaapi and mesa version ?
(2015-09-04, 16:55)fab67 Wrote: Fritsch,
About building same OE version than you (with EGL and latest vaapi for HEVC), what is needed ?

Only build OE from https://github.com/fritsch/OpenELEC.tv/tree/EGL
Or does it need some patch to take the right FernetMenta/xbmc, vaapi and mesa version ?

You additional need:
- bumped libva Intel driver
- kodi patch to implement vaapi hevc
- repackage ffmpeg to a prerelease ffmpeg Version with hevc vaapi support
- you should rebase on OE master also

But that's it :-)

Edit: this would still build my tech demo backports. For fernet's master, you need to repackage kodi and oe's ffmpeg + the Intel driver needs updating.
Thanks,

I Will try to play with this Smile
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18